September 2011 Moms

***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

Lets hear those opinions Ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

• I don't care what anyone says... I have pregnancy brain and it ain't pretty! I'm about as smart as a box of rocks these days. The effort I have to put in just to have daily conversations or to come up with words is absurd!! I literally had to spell check the word "forgetfulness" the other day (and now too, ugh). Coincidence?! I think not.
    MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • I hate it when people post quotes as their status on FB. It drives me insane and annoys the heck out of me. I'd rather see what they had for breakfast then a quote. I guess I'm a grinch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are the "Are these contractions?" or "Am I in Labor?" posts done yet?

• imageMarettie:
    Are the "Are these contractions?" or "Am I in Labor?" posts done yet?

Yes Unfortunately, I think they have just begun...

• imageCodi-Bailey:
    I hate it when people post quotes as their status on FB. It drives me insane and annoys the heck out of me. I'd rather see what they had for breakfast then a quote. I guess I'm a grinch.

YESSSS!!!! Also, song lyrics. Just STFU.

• I don't like headbands or tutu onesies on babies.
  • I think people should decide what to wear to their baby shower on their own. Making a post to put up different dress choices for us to pick is stupid to me. Why can't you decide on your own?
  • imageamandaloren:
    I think people should decide what to wear to their baby shower on their own. Making a post to put up different dress choices for us to pick is stupid to me. Why can't you decide on your own?

Really? You've never asked your friend's opinions? Or your husband? Or your sister or your mom? I think it's sweet when people ask for advice. It's what friends do. At this point, friendships have been made on the board. Just my opinion.

• imagemollybloom:
    I don't like headbands or tutu onesies on babies.

Yes  Not unpopular with me!

• imageMrsMVM:

imageCodi-Bailey:
    I hate it when people post quotes as their status on FB. It drives me insane and annoys the heck out of me. I'd rather see what they had for breakfast then a quote. I guess I'm a grinch.

Yes
  • imageamandabt:

imageMarettie:

YesUnfortunately, I think they have just begun...

Yes
  • imagetblauvelt:
    imageMrsMVM:

imageCodi-Bailey:

Yes

Haha, I am so guilty of this sometimes, both quotes and song lyrics.

• imageMrsMVM:

imageamandaloren:
    I think people should decide what to wear to their baby shower on their own. Making a post to put up different dress choices for us to pick is stupid to me. Why can't you decide on your own?

Really? You've never asked your friend's opinions? Or your husband? Or your sister or your mom? I think it's sweet when people ask for advice. It's what friends do. At this point, friendships have been made on the board. Just my opinion.

Yeah, people IRL of course I ask. But I think putting it on the internet is kinda a AW thing. I dont know, maybe it was just getting to me because it seemed for awhile there every post was "what should I wear to my shower"

• imagetblauvelt:
    imageMrsMVM:

imageCodi-Bailey:

Yes

I agree with this but I think it's better than updating on your labor progress! 

• imageamandaloren:
    imageMrsMVM:

imageamandaloren:

Yeah, people IRL of course I ask. But I think putting it on the internet is kinda a AW thing. I dont know, maybe it was just getting to me because it seemed for awhile there every post was "what should I wear to my shower"

Well I can tell you what NOT to wear to your shower and that's a long, form fitting striped maxi dress... If I weren't so vain, I'd post a picture. Not flattering! At all.

• imagemollybloom:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Every time I see one of those big flucking flower headbands on a kid I get disproportionately pissed off.  I told my mom that if she even dared to buy one of those for the baby if it ends up being a girl it will be burned immediately.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I think there should be legal limits on the decibel level of your car stereo.  I feel like it is assault when you drive by my house and your stupid music makes my liver vibrate.  Same with motorcycles- if you have made modifications to your bike to make it louder you're a douche and should have your bike taken away.  My house sits a few yards away from a pretty busy intersection with one street going straight into the hood.  I'm going to be the crazy lady sitting at the end of her driveway with a hose.  If you drive by and are too loud, you're gonna get sprayed.  If you wake up my baby I will walk into traffic and push you over.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lily87lily87 member

I think people that spoil and over-coddle their children are not only doing a disservice to that child when he/she gets older but also to society at large.

By over-coddle I mean any of the following:

-pick up after them until age 18.

- don't require them to get some sort of a job in high school (even if it is only 10 hours a week). 

- not teach them how to cook a single thing (this includes defrosting bagels- an issue I had with my 18 yr old cousin this morning) by the time someone is ready to leave for college. I find this especially egregious with boys.

- give them every toy that they ever want- and replace broken ones at a whim (especially if you can't afford it and are living beyond your means- but even if you can). 

- allowing them to swear in the house and piss and moan about every little problem

- be overly sensitive when they are sick- to the point that thinking it is acceptable to call out of work for any little ache or pain.

-to think it is acceptable to drop nasty farts in public or even around the house when you can go to the restroom (unless it is an accident) and to engage in poor hygiene like leaving the toilet seat up. 

I don't care what anyone says. My baby is not going to be over-coddled to the point of the above. Yes, we will give him things. Yes, unless something drastic changes, we can afford college and can afford for him to not work. But, I want him to learn what it is like to go without stuff- because otherwise he is going to grow up to waste money and not value anything.  And, if I do everything for him, he will grow up to be a helpless person. We are going through this with my cousin who is staying with me- and it really is an eye-opener as to the repercussions of these actions later on.

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

There's NOTHING attractive about Johnny Depp. He's icky and creepy.

::putting on flame suit!!::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maybe this is just B%$@y and not unpopular.  But i have a FB friend who is due a few weeks before me, she posted belly pics yesterday after i posted mine....I look way better than her :)

I  hate when people think certain baby products are "the best" or the "must haves" items.  Sure I have specific things I love or plan to use, but what works for one person could be useless for someone else.

• lily87lily87 member
    imageMrsMVM:

imageCodi-Bailey:

Agreed...can I add passive aggressive, attention-seeking status' like "...sigh..."

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Every time I see one of those big flucking flower headbands on a kid I get disproportionately pissed off.  I told my mom that if she even dared to buy one of those for the baby if it ends up being a girl it will be burned immediately.

YesYesYes

And the tutus are SO overdone. And look ridiculous.

• imageKatywren:
    I think there should be legal limits on the decibel level of your car stereo.  I feel like it is assault when you drive by my house and your stupid music makes my liver vibrate.  Same with motorcycles- if you have made modifications to your bike to make it louder you're a douche and should have your bike taken away.  My house sits a few yards away from a pretty busy intersection with one street going straight into the hood.  I'm going to be the crazy lady sitting at the end of her driveway with a hose.  If you drive by and are too loud, you're gonna get sprayed.  If you wake up my baby I will walk into traffic and push you over.

Whenever Monsieur and I hear a car stereo (and it happens a lot since we live in a city) one of us always says to the other "Wow. I'm so glad I know what music that guy likes. Now I know what I should listen to if I want to be cool."

• imageMereou12:

I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

I thought I was the only one in the USA that felt this way, he is gross! and strange..

Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • lily87lily87 member
    imageMereou12:

I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

Oh wow! That is unpopular :) I'm not going to flame you...and I agree in some movies like Willy Wonka. But, you think this about him in Pirates of the Caribbean and Chocolate?? He totally does it for me in those movies!

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I don't get this. Why hate the headbands with the cute flowers? Are they too big? Is it because baby has no hair? Someone explain please. FTR, if you didn't know I think they're cute on babies.
  • imagelily87:
    imageMereou12:

Oh wow! That is unpopular :) I'm not going to flame you...and I agree in some movies like Willy Wonka. But, you think this about him in Pirates of the Caribbean and Chocolate?? He totally does it for me in those movies!

he is yummy to me :)

• imagelily87:
    imageMrsMVM:

imageCodi-Bailey:

Agreed...can I add passive aggressive, attention-seeking status' like "...sigh..."

I apologize if I have posted this before, but here is my take on FB statuses...

https://appropriateopinion.blogspot.com/2010/11/your-facebook-status.html 

• Mine are about college, because I've been thinking a lot about this as we open his savings account.

I think going to college is a privilege, not a rite of passage.  Maybe this comes from the fact that I was the first in my family to graduate with a bachelors degree, and I have the student loan debt to prove it.  I will not send my son to college to party and "expand his world view" - yes, that's part of it, but he'll be going to prepare to be a self-sufficient adult in a career of his choosing.  If he hasn't proven to me that he's ready, he's not going...he needs to earn it!  As I said, we'll have a college savings account for him, but we've agreed we're not even going to tell him it exists until the time comes, and we're sure he is mature enough.

I also think most bachelors-level degree programs have been watered down.

• imageMereou12:

You are one of the people that I almost always agree with. But no to Johnny Depp? He does strange and wonderful thnigs to me. Not so much Captain Jack Johnny Depp, but Gilbert Grape Johnny Depp. Yummy.

• imagetblauvelt:
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I don't get this. Why hate the headbands with the cute flowers? Are they too big? Is it because baby has no hair? Someone explain please. FTR, if you didn't know I think they're cute on babies.

I love the headbands (not the huge takes up her whole head headband) and tutus!

• imagelily87:
    imageMereou12:

I don't know what it is exactly...I just find him creepy. It's just the vibe that he gives off. It doesn't help that I don't seem to enjoy *any* of the movies that he's in. Even Pirates. ;)

• My UO is NBR but oh well, here I go.

I think when a company tells you they will be at your home at a certain time, they should honor that. DH and I got up extra early today to be ready for this today, and here we sit, they are way late. It's irritating, not even a phone call.

When I'm late to an appointment, especially this late, I usually have to reschedule.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• imageMelett:
    imageMereou12:

I thought I was the only one in the USA that felt this way, he is gross! and strange..

I agree! He is disgusting and oh so creepy.

• imagetblauvelt:
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I have no real specific reason, it is just like nails on a chalkboard for me. I don't mind headbands when baby girls get a little older, but I hate them on babies.

• I actually have a few today!

1. Senetor Tom Coburn is trying to pass a bill to help pay off the National deficit......at the expense of Federal employees. As a federal emplyee this infuriates me. It is a NATIONAL defict and should be paid of by the majority of the NATION! Not a certain percentage of it's American workers. This is the article that I read yesterday that set me off. If you want to talk about it or debate it or just put your 2 cents in about it feel free to start another post see we don't end up with a mass daisy chain on the UO post. :)

https://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=48285&dcn=e_gvet

2. I think Sketchers Shape Ups are stupid looking

3. I had another one but Pregnancy brain has stolen it from me......this is a very real thing..... :(

• imagetblauvelt:
    imageamandabt:

imageMarettie:

Yes

I am also dreading the GBS swab posts and the 35/35's.. seriously, it all  happens to all of us. We don't need to announce it. 

• imageCodi-Bailey:
    imageMelett:
    imageMereou12:

I agree! He is disgusting and oh so creepy.

ITA. So not my type. He looks greasy. 

• imagelily87:

- don't require them to get some sort of a job in high school (even if it is only 10 hours a week). 

Yes, unless something drastic changes, we can afford college and can afford for him to not work. But, I want him to learn what it is like to go without stuff- because otherwise he is going to grow up to waste money and not value anything.  And, if I do everything for him, he will grow up to be a helpless person. 

My aunt and uncle are loaded.  Totally loaded.  Their daughters (4 total) have all held jobs since they could drive.  They also are requiring them to save some of their money to pay for school.  They can afford for them not to, but it makes me happy when I see my cousin in her Jimmy John's uniform, stinking of working for 9 hours.  Plus, it keeps them out of trouble. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelmjt:
    imagetblauvelt:
    imageamandabt:

imageMarettie:

Yes

I am also dreading the GBS swab posts and the 35/35's.. seriously, it all  happens to all of us. We don't need to announce it. 

I'm with you ladies.

I'm also not looking forward to the "eviction notice" posts. They irritate the bejeezers out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"