3rd Trimester
Options

Worst shoer game EVER...

The post reminded me about my BF shower.  I missed it due to bed rest. but I called her the next day to ask how it went.  She had asked for no games, and they surprised with the game "How much weight has Laura gained"  WTF were they thinking!  She was so bummed apparently she looks like she has gained A LOT more than she really has.  They even had her get ON the scale in front of EVERYONE!  She was traumatized!

WORST GAME EVER!

Re: Worst shoer game EVER...

• Options
    That is terrible. I would've been in tears if I were her.
  • Options
    Not funny at all. And there is no way in hell I would have gotten on the scale.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Next game: How good is Laura's right hook?

Yay! Party!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun for the poor guest of honor.  I feel bad for her that her frieds were so insensitive.
  • Options
    wow.. those are some crap-tastic friends.  I hope they get a 'fun' game like that at their showers.  Tools.
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    There is no way in hell that I would have done that that is some whacked out sh**!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Poor thing!
  • Options
    That's so messed up...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

Do people forget that pregnant women are still people who deserve dignity and respect just like everyone else??? Seriously! Would you do that crap to someone who wasn't pregnant and just plain fat? Hell no, but the world seems to forget that you're an adult person as soon as they hear the word "expecting" or "baby".

If I were her I would *** those supposed "friends" right after cake.

• Options
    Ditto pp's - That is horrible!! What were they thinking??
  • Options
    That is seriously the worst game ever. What kind of friend does that to another friend?
  • Options

I can't believe they did that to her.  That's awful.  I told my hostesses that I didn't want games either, but they are doing them anyway.  I specifically asked them not to do the "how big is her tummy" game, since I'm overweight as it is, but of course they are still doing it.  I may protest since it is today and and MY house.  I should have some say, right?

I feel so bad for her!  What a terrible game!

• Options
    I thought the circumference game was bad...at least it doesnt have numbers involved.?
  • Options
    Holy crap! I would have shot the person that thought of that.
  • Options
    reminds me of my shower. My hosts decided to play the yarn around the belly game and have everyone cut yarn to guess how big my belly was. Well, more than half my guests ended up cutting the yarn 3 times what my belly actually was. Horrible!
  • Options
    Wow, I would have refused to play that game.  Luckily I didn't have any games at my shower.  My mom and MIL must've remembered that I didn't want them at my bridal shower.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Some friends, poor thing! I wonder if the people who planned that "game" have been PG before, that's just so insensitive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is NOT FUN. I have a shower tomorrow and we had better not be playing anything like that!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

there is never an acceptable time to play "guess how big/fat/wide/heavy" ANYONE is, let ?alone a woman who is expected to gain weight, and then pose for pictures while people pat her belly. ??

i thought i was lucky that my hosts planned fantastic, fun games at my shower - i didn't realize just HOW lucky i was. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"