Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Seriously?? What is so bad about napping??

Why do you hate naps DD?  Really, they aren't that bad - in fact, I rather like them myself.  Give them a try - you just might like them!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seriously?? What is so bad about napping??

• Agreed!!! Feb 25th babies !! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Looks like Feb 25th babies are also especially cute!!  Big Smile

My DD used to nap like a champ until I moved her from the RnP to the crib.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's been that kind of a day in our house too.   In fact, he decided to skip his last nap, and was up for 4h.  That's right, a 4 month old.  I'd give the side eye to myself if I didn't know that we attempted to get him to nap for 40 minutes and fail, when his naps are typically about 40 minutes long. 
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • I try to do as much modeling of the love of napping as possible, just in case that helps J catch on. Seriously, the saying should be "sleep so that your baby sleeps" since the kiddo only sleeps well next to me, and while I am sleeping. Today we had a long nap in the morning, then he had one 40 min and one 20 min nap on his own. I took one for the team and we had a long nap in the evening too.

I wish something would click though. I could have gotten a lot done in that 2 hours... 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • What's wrong with napping? My 4 month old baby girl generally takes a morning nap and an evening nap and still sleeps from 8pm-8am (or similar hours). She seems to fall asleep easier when she isn't over tired. My mom watched her for a 24 hour period last week and joked that she slept for like 18 of the 24 hours (which is a little more than normal). BUT she plays hard while she's awake- kicking and scooting and trying to crawl and playing in her walker.
  • imageaejohnson928:
    What's wrong with napping? My 4 month old baby girl generally takes a morning nap and an evening nap and still sleeps from 8pm-8am (or similar hours). She seems to fall asleep easier when she isn't over tired. My mom watched her for a 24 hour period last week and joked that she slept for like 18 of the 24 hours (which is a little more than normal). BUT she plays hard while she's awake- kicking and scooting and trying to crawl and playing in her walker.

Listen AE - (and I am going to bite on that name...) the point is our LOs refuse to nap, not that we don't try to get them to nap.

Good luck on your 4 month wakeful... Devil

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"