Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Teething?

Aaron will be 4 months old on Saturday.  He has been a drooling machine for about a month now (maybe more), and he is obsessed with sucking on his hands or anything else he can get in his mouth.  Today he had 3 dirty diapers (usually he only has 1), and 2 of them were runny.  H's grandma watched him today and she said that's a teething symptom.  I've never heard that before, but I clearly don't know everything.  He's also super cranky today, and that's not like him at all.  Will it hurt to give him some Tylenol?  We tried baby Orajel, but that only seemed to make him more upset.  I'm just trying to stop him from being in pain, if that's what this is.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teething?

• Mine's doing the same thing. She'll be 4 months on the 21st. She really seemed in pain last week. I can kinda feel one of her top teeth. Haven't tried tylenol or orajel, but tylenol should be ok. My doctor gave the ok for baby tylenol at her 2 month appointment because she was already 12 pounds. I think it was like 1 drop... I gave it to her once a month or so ago when she seemed kind of sick, and it seemed to put her to sleep.
  • imageaejohnson928:
    Mine's doing the same thing. She'll be 4 months on the 21st. She really seemed in pain last week. I can kinda feel one of her top teeth. Haven't tried tylenol or orajel, but tylenol should be ok. My doctor gave the ok for baby tylenol at her 2 month appointment because she was already 12 pounds. I think it was like 1 drop... I gave it to her once a month or so ago when she seemed kind of sick, and it seemed to put her to sleep.

Okay.  They cleared him for Tylenol at his 2 month appointment too, but I was afraid to give it to him in case he started running a fever.  He is acting like a different baby.  I took his temperature though, and he's fine.  Maybe I'll try that, just to see if it helps.  Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • DD just popped her first tooth today.  She had very similar symptoms to your LO (although the medical community says that runny poop has nothing to do with teething).  I gave her some baby tylenol yesterday and it worked wonders - she was clearly in pain. 

Be careful with the Orajel - FDA issued a warning about it.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20110505/fda-warns-about-teething-medication

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedaisygirl2010:

DD just popped her first tooth today.  She had very similar symptoms to your LO (although the medical community says that runny poop has nothing to do with teething).  I gave her some baby tylenol yesterday and it worked wonders - she was clearly in pain. 

Be careful with the Orajel - FDA issued a warning about it.

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20110505/fda-warns-about-teething-medication

Thank you for the link.  I'll be hiding the Baby Orajel! 

• LO is 6 months and has cut two teeth over the last month. When he started teething you could see little white marks on the bottom where they were  coming in and he wasnt himself either -- its like a growth spurt and they drool and are a little cranky. I know there are warnings about the baby orajel, but I used it once I saw the teeth breaking the skin -- about once a day and it helped ease LOs issues and helped a bit with the drooling. Babys are starting to do more at about 4-6 months and their development is increasing at an alarming rate. It's crazy how many changes you will see... My LO is in a screaming and fake coughing phase LOL. 

Photobucket
  • imageliljoshua33:
    LO is 6 months and has cut two teeth over the last month. When he started teething you could see little white marks on the bottom where they were  coming in and he wasnt himself either -- its like a growth spurt and they drool and are a little cranky. I know there are warnings about the baby orajel, but I used it once I saw the teeth breaking the skin -- about once a day and it helped ease LOs issues and helped a bit with the drooling. Babys are starting to do more at about 4-6 months and their development is increasing at an alarming rate. It's crazy how many changes you will see... My LO is in a screaming and fake coughing phase LOL. 

I love it when they do that! 

• I much prefer the coughing over the screaming -- yet little man thinks the screaming is more fun... 

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"