Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

crawling?

When did your's start crawling? Mine is sooo good about lifting his head and shoulders up when he's on his tummy and Ive even seen him pull his knees underneath himself, so I know he's close! Also, is there any way to help him learn? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: crawling?

• Options

DD is 5 months and is still not crawling. She does ATTEMPT to do the army crawl.

She seems to have a lot more leg strength than arm strength, she will get there.... I'm not in any hurry to have to babypoof everything anyways, she can take her time.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options
    Ditto PP and my man is the same as yours: strong head and shoulders and sometimes pulls his legs under him. I fact, he's beginning to sleep like that, which is cute. It's a developmental milestone, though, so not something you can really teach. Just give him lots of opportunity to practice, ie. tummy time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageVazquezGal:

DD is 5 months and is still not crawling. She does ATTEMPT to do the army crawl.

She seems to have a lot more leg strength than arm strength, she will get there.... I'm not in any hurry to have to babypoof everything anyways, she can take her time.

This.  Would be fun to see her crawl - but not looking forward to chasing her around.  Once she starts moving, there's no turning back!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    don't most babies crawl between 6 and 9 months??

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagedaisygirl2010:
    imageVazquezGal:

This.  Would be fun to see her crawl - but not looking forward to chasing her around.  Once she starts moving, there's no turning back!!

I am looking into buying what DH and I refer to as a baby octagon (sp?) those large cage like playpens they sell in pieces. They look like UFC Fighting Cages! Our house has a very upen and wide floorplan so barricading her with furniture or laundry baskets will be impossible, I get shivers down my spine just thinking about how UN-Babyproof our house is!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options
    imageVazquezGal:
    imagedaisygirl2010:
    imageVazquezGal:

I am looking into buying what DH and I refer to as a baby octagon (sp?) those large cage like playpens they sell in pieces. They look like UFC Fighting Cages! Our house has a very upen and wide floorplan so barricading her with furniture or laundry baskets will be impossible, I get shivers down my spine just thinking about how UN-Babyproof our house is!

I've thought about getting one of those too - but DH doesn't want to.  Of course he's not the one who will have to chase her around all day, every day!   We've got some major electronic wires to hide.  We also have to move our wine rack Sad  Oh DD...please no crawling yet! (though she's figured out the roll front, roll back, roll front, roll back so she's already getting a little movement!)

• Options
    He's not crawling yet but he's close. He pushes himself up either on his hands or knees but not both at the same time. He just started lifting his stomach when he does his little push-up so he just needs to learn to coordinate with his legs and he'll be there. He army crawls backward, but can't figure out how to go forward yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I can't wait for mine to start crawling. He's so dang cute, every time he gets his head and shoulders up off the floor he gets this big big proud grin on his face that melts my heart! 

I have an apartment, so not a lot of room to start with. babyproofing wont be too hard here.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is just about 4 months and has been "attempting" to crawl for a few weeks. She HATED being on her tummy, then one day about 2 weeks ago she started flipping herself over and trying her hardest to crawl. She pulls her legs under her and kicks them out. She can lift her head, but doesn't seem to have the arm strength to lift her body (plus she always seems to have her hands in her mouth while she's trying to do this). She's been scooting around the room on her back for a little over a month.
  • Options
    E is almost 6 months old and she's crawling all over the place! She started crawling when she was 5 months. I get down on the ground and put a toy in front of me so she has an incentive for crawling to me. Ever since she was born she's been really good with tummy time and everything. I was so shocked to see her crawling a few weeks ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"