Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Best Hair Straightener?

SIL has very thick hair and said her straightener is junk. Her Bday is coming and I'd like to get her a nice one. Any recs? TIA
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Best Hair Straightener?

• I had one of those "chi's" or whatever they're called. Suppose to be the best. I thought it sucked. Broke on me within a few months... Ended up going to the beauty supply store and asking them what they thought. Really depends on how much you wanna spend. They can be cheap to very expensive.

I'd go to a beauty supply store and check your options

• chi. you can probably find it on sale somewhere for $100.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Solis. (I think that's the name) and I love it. I seriously have had it for about 6 years and have no complaints. I got it from folica.com and they are always running deals and coupon codes.
  • I have the Babyliss Pro: https://amzn.to/ovUYxo

I love it!image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jgoojgoo member

imageMrsPM:
    A Chi!

This.

I have very coarse, frizzy, thick, wild hair & this is the only thing that has ever been able to tame it.

• Chi is the best on the market right now...and has been for a couple years now.
  • imagemelody921:

I have the Babyliss Pro: https://amzn.to/ovUYxo

I love it!image

Oh, this is what I have! Forgot the name...but I have this and love it!

• I have a Chi...and it's sitting in my cabinet. I loved it at first but now it doesn't seem to work nearly as well. My one from CVS is the one I'm using. ha Oh...and I have semi thick straight hair.
  • Target just had black friday in summer and the had Chi's online for $86.  Thats the cheapest I've ever seen them.  I wanted to get one but even though it was a sale I didn't really have the extra money to spend.  I don't know if the regular $100 is in your price range.  Too bad you just missed the sale if it is.  I would look at Ulta for one but thats just me.  Walmart carries salon quailty products now.
  • imagebsktbllqt11:
    I have a Solis. (I think that's the name) and I love it. I seriously have had it for about 6 years and have no complaints. I got it from folica.com and they are always running deals and coupon codes.

I think it's Solia & I love mine too! I ordered mine at Folica.com and got 2-yr warranty & a free travel straightener. It makes my hair look soooo healthy. 

• I have one that works better than Chis I've tried but was only $40.  I have extremely unruly hair, too.  I can't remember the brand.  I'll check when I get home and page you.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Sus77Sus77 member

GHD, I have had mine for about 7 years and they are the best you can buy.  My hairdresser in Vidal Sassoon also uses them.  They are pretty expensive but worth it.

https://www.ghdhair.com/us/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Remington heat therapy.  Way cheaper than the high end flat irons and does just as good of a job.  You can get it at target.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerobbins110808:

imagebsktbllqt11:
    I have a Solis. (I think that's the name) and I love it. I seriously have had it for about 6 years and have no complaints. I got it from folica.com and they are always running deals and coupon codes.

I think it's Solia & I love mine too! I ordered mine at Folica.com and got 2-yr warranty & a free travel straightener. It makes my hair look soooo healthy. 

You are absolutely right :) Thank you! 

• lautilauti member

I have a Sedu Revolution.  Best one I've used.  My Chi broke after the power cord came loose from the iron so it wouldn't stay on.

I've also had a Solia and that was good too for a cheaper price.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! I have stick straight hair so I was definitely clueless. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"