2nd Trimester

Under the belly jeans

Just curious...

I just ordered 2 pairs of under the belly jeans from old navy, during my last pregnancy I prefered full panel.  I fell like it makes my belly look weird.  Am I just carrying low? will this get better as my belly gets firmer?

I don't feel like I can wear any shirts that are kinda of tight around my belly because it looks like I just have a huge gut and my pants are too small.  Any thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Under the belly jeans

• I personally prefer them, because they are so much less restrictive...and cooler!  At this point...I would say just do what is comfortable!  :)  Seriously though, my guess is that no one else thinks you have a "gut."  You probably look like an adorable pregnant lady.  Your belly will continue to firm as you continue to grow as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hate under the belly ones, I prefer full panel, mainly because I don't have to stress so bad that my shirt is long enough.  I also feel that it looks like I have dunlap syndrome rather than a pregnant belly with under the belly ones. 

But I can't find nice cheap full panel shorts.  so I am going with under the belly for now.   

My Book BlogImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicA Lucy, a lost tube, two lost babies, and another on the way! image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageronnie day:

I hate under the belly ones, I prefer full panel, mainly because I don't have to stress so bad that my shirt is long enough.  I also feel that it looks like I have dunlap syndrome rather than a pregnant belly with under the belly ones. 

But I can't find nice cheap full panel shorts.  so I am going with under the belly for now.   

I so agree!! I'm going to return them and try to get an over the belly pair.  I have one pair of under the belly already, I don't feel like I need to.

And thank you to the PP who said I probably just look cute, but really, it's a weird looking bump with the under the belly pants...

• I prefer full panel because I feel like they fit better. I fold the panel over in half instead of having it pulled all the way up. It's the best of both worlds. :)
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageshotzie:
    I prefer full panel because I feel like they fit better. I fold the panel over in half instead of having it pulled all the way up. It's the best of both worlds. :)

This is exactly what I do! I love having the option of a full panel and as I get further along, I can always have it pulled all the way up, if needed. 

• I personally love the full panel ones you pull up to your boobs lol. They just make the belly look rounder and hold everything in. Im having problems with my regular pants like my scrubs cuz they cut into my stomache and make me look like i have a big gut below and over the waist band. Need to find new scrubs!

• I prefer the under the belly jeans myself.  I was able to wear the paneled ones with #4, but when I got pg with #5, I felt like I was suffocating.
  • The under belly ones always roll down on me and are super tight and uncomfortable for some reason, maybe I am built weird? I love the full panel, they are stretchier and I just fold the panel down for now
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MIL got me one pair of full panel and living in FL...I literally died from how hot and humid it was...for me the less material the better.  I feel the same way about the under the belly pants but they are so much more comfy for me....I say just do what you feel is more comfy, who cares what people think :)
  • imageronnie day:

I hate under the belly ones, I prefer full panel, mainly because I don't have to stress so bad that my shirt is long enough.  I also feel that it looks like I have dunlap syndrome rather than a pregnant belly with under the belly ones. 

I found decent full panel shorts at target (although their selection is limited...)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found some full panel shorts at K-mart. I went in there in a whim and the had some cute ones on clearance.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have some of each and MUCH prefer the full panel pants.  The demi-panels and the ones that go under the belly are just not comfortable for me b/c they're always cutting into the bump... unless you go so low that you're showing off some risque areas...  I'm also pretty tall 5'10" and have trouble finding shirts long enough that I'm not constantly concerned if the belly is hanging out.  I find the full panel more supportive too.  Personal preference, I guess.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel the same way.  I feel like I have baby muffin-top when I wear them.  I prefer full panel, it just looks cuter.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • agree with pretty much everyone else. The under belly ones I got at motherhood make me look like I have a BIG muffin top. Kinda cuts my belly in half. The full panel ones are pretty decent but my favorite jeans are a pair of Old Navy fold over panel jeans. they are like the fold over knit skirts or yoga pants. i found them at a thrift store and see that Old Navy no longer carries them. They are by far the comfiest I've found.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"