April 2011 Moms

I don't wanna :'(

This summer is going faster and faster everytime I blink and I don't want to go back to work.  I don't want to leave DD, but I really, really, really hate my teaching job.  The past year was awful, my principal was horrible, the kids are horrible, and I was moved to a different school in my district and I don't feel at "home" where I am at.  I've been scouring the internet all day trying to find something else that I would like.  This past year just put a sour taste in my mouth for being in education.  I would love to stay home with DD but I make more than DH and we need my salary to pay the mortgage.  I wish I had gone into a profession where you could work part-time.  Anyone have any ideas on another career choice or part-time work that could bring in a decent amount of money?  Ugh, I'm really just feeling crummy today and DH doesn't understand how much I loathe my job right now. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't wanna :'(

• If you're a teacher and have a DD that you don't want to leave, would you consider childcare?  You could take on a few kids in your home, and then you'd even be able to write off a portion of your mortgage in your taxes.  Alternatively, you could tutor at home, and then it wouldn't be an all-day-every-day thing-- just by appointment.  Good luck! 
  • I don't really have any suggestions, I just felt like commiserating  :( I head back to the office this week and I'm really not looking forward to it, I would love to be a sahm. I even like my job, so I couldn't imagine going back to something I hated. Good luck to you in finding something else!
  • Loading the player...
  • I like my job and am already dreading the beginning of school.  I get anxious just thinking about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry :(  I'm a teacher, but looking forward to going back (not excited, but I known I'm not sah material).  Could you job share with someone?  Or like pp said, childcare?  Tutoring?
  • imagekatlizabeth:
    I'm sorry :(  I'm a teacher, but looking forward to going back (not excited, but I known I'm not sah material).  Could you job share with someone?  Or like pp said, childcare?  Tutoring?

Is job sharing where you split the day or week with another teacher?  If that's what it is, I don't think thats allowed in my district, it would be awesome if it was though.

• imageCatfishAnn:
    If you're a teacher and have a DD that you don't want to leave, would you consider childcare?  You could take on a few kids in your home, and then you'd even be able to write off a portion of your mortgage in your taxes.  Alternatively, you could tutor at home, and then it wouldn't be an all-day-every-day thing-- just by appointment.  Good luck! 

That's a possiblity that I've been looking into.  Thanks :)

• imagelylahlove:
    I don't really have any suggestions, I just felt like commiserating  :( I head back to the office this week and I'm really not looking forward to it, I would love to be a sahm. I even like my job, so I couldn't imagine going back to something I hated. Good luck to you in finding something else!

Good luck this week!

• I'm a teacher too and I am dreading going back, even though I love my job. Point is, I love my kiddo more! I have a few ideas, but you'd have to have a talk with your principal soon to set up scheduling if he/she would allow this. You could ask to go down to a .4 or .6 and another teacher would cover your other classes so you could be home for half a day each day. Not sure what level you teach, but you could also see if you'd be able to take on the home school kids who get work sent home every week rather than teaching actual classes. Either way, it won't be as much money as you are currently making, which is tough. Good luck!
  • Have you thought about just working as a substitute teacher?  This way, you can keep relationships going with people in your district (and make new ones in other districts) which may help if you decide to return to work.  Plus, you can decide how much (or little) you want to work depending on how you're feeling that day.  I did this for two years with DD1 before I returned to work full time.  I could have worked every day if I had wanted too, but it may be slightly different for me since I'm a school nurse.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"