Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How do you wear your baby?

We have an Ergo and an older version of the baby insert.  I find it very awkard to wear DS across the front of my body.  It's very hard to do chores wearing him this way.  DS is only 10 weeks old and cannot hold his head up yet.  Can you recommend how you wear your baby? a link would help too.  thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you wear your baby?

• The Ergo is kind of bulky when they're this small and you can't wear a lo in a different position at this age either.

So I use a wrap similar to the Moby. It's less bulk and keeps the baby secured to me a little better. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a ring sling and I wear him tummy to tummy.  He's got decent head control, but I pull part of the sling up to support his head when he needs it. Bending over to do laundry or empty the dishwasher is still difficult, I have to hold his head then, but everything else is doable. 

Here's a link to a video that I used to figure out the tummy to tummy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP_KcN20uw

The cradle hold is good too- but he doesn't like it anymore.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • The Ergo hasn't worked fo us yet.  She's way too little and the infant insert was awkward.  She hated it.  We actually wear her in our Baby Bjorn now.  I know a lot of people find the Bjorn uncomfortable, but LO loves it and it works for us. 

I've also heard Moby's are great, but haven't tried one yet.  They seem a tad hot for summertime.  It did take a while for LO to tolerate being worn at all.  She just started to like it in the past few weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish I could figure this out as well! I hate that I have to hold her when I bend over etc, I am so scared shes going to fall out :( I love my Moby, but I go back and forth with it and one that I purchased at Target, a Jellybean brand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i use the bjorn original.

together since 7/06 married 10/09 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • I have a mei tai. I had him in it for 2 hours this morning while I helped make snacks for a kids event at church. It is a bit awkward, but he sleeps and I can still get quite a bit done.

I have an Ergo, but it's really not the best fit for us yet. I'm going to hang onto it for when he's older and see if I like it then.

• I use a Moby, love it!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • BeabsBeabs member
    Moby. And I have a hotsling for when he's older.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"