November 2011 Moms

MondayPityPartyB*tchFest

Am I that much of a negative nancy that I always start these?  Ah, well.

I had the worst night of sleep last night.  I actually went to bed early and was thinking I would zonk out right away.  Wrong.  My dog was panting so heavily that he was keeping me awake.  You wouldn't think that a 7 lb. toy poodle would be that noisy.  After I finally got him settled down (around 1 AM when I stuck him right in front of the fan), my husband started snoring REALLY loud and the baby started karate kicking.  

So, six hours of sleep (max) is not working for me.  This is preparing me for when the baby's here, right?  Right?  :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MondayPityPartyB*tchFest

• Everything and everyone outside of my house pisses me off. Everything. Work (possibly the only one that is justified) family vacation, family, friends, grocery store, gas station, walking to the mail box, everything. All I want to do is be at home alone with DH.

Seriously, my boss has a squeaky chair and I am very close to killing him b/c he's just sitting in his office with his feet on his desk rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. This place is crushing my soul. 

I know I'm can't be the fattest person ever to be pregnant, WHY are there no good plus size maternity clothes out there? I had a small rage induced fit yesterday in Khols and left crying b/c their XL is not XL enough to cover my now apparently XXL ass. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • That was like my night of sleep Saturday night. My lack of sleep was bc of heartburn/acid reflux though. Uggh. Today, I will have a pity party about how my  mom and dad want to buy the baby crib, yet they are trying to go about it the cheapest way possible. I have picked out a great crib from Target online. It is convertible and only $175. Today, my mom said she was going to look at a consignment shop for one. WHY???? I told go for it, but it comes down to if I approve it or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Apparently it was a bad night of sleep for everyone! We're getting a big increase in our humidity and I think that change is hitting my hip joints. I've had bad hips and knees ever since a really stupid accident I had a few years ago (I fell through an open grate in the sidewalk) and pregnancy is only making it worse. I went to bed early, but woke up around 2 with my hips aching, then had terrible heartburn around 4. I'd love a sleep do-over.
  • in a really BLAH mood today...just don't feel like it. Feeling depressed because I'm not close to any of my friends anymore!! I used to be hardcore about my friendships but last 6 yrs i could care less. Hooked up with my bff from highschool and the getting couples together thing isnt gonna work because her husband acted like a pervert talking about how good I looked now and eyeing me down in front of my Dh like I was the best looking thing since sliced bread (while my girlfriend was across the store out of ear shot). So now DH isn't having it (not that i blame him) and the worse thing I dont feel comfortable bringin it up to my friend.

I'm already tired of being pregnant cause I hate being big and i still have 4 1/2 months too go.Tongue Tied

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't felt the baby move today. He hardly moved yesterday either, but I did at least feel him a few times.  Saturday he was a crazy dancing machine. I'm just worried.  I'm drinking a pop, eating sugar, moving around. Nothing.  Freaking. Out.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBananappeal145:

Everything and everyone outside of my house pisses me off. Everything. Work (possibly the only one that is justified) family vacation, family, friends, grocery store, gas station, walking to the mail box, everything. All I want to do is be at home alone with DH.

Seriously, my boss has a squeaky chair and I am very close to killing him b/c he's just sitting in his office with his feet on his desk rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. This place is crushing my soul. 

I know I'm can't be the fattest person ever to be pregnant, WHY are there no good plus size maternity clothes out there? I had a small rage induced fit yesterday in Khols and left crying b/c their XL is not XL enough to cover my now apparently XXL ass. 

I had a similar experience in Kohl's too.  I have found some of their maternity sizes to be very inconsistent.  I was in Sears the other day looking for sheets and I just happened to see this big clearance maternity section.  I didn't even know Sears had maternity clothes, but everything was on sale for like $9.99 or $14.99.  They had maternity sizes from S-3X.  

• I am so hot. I am sitting in my air conditioner, set at 68, and still am HOT under my boobs and my thighs. I had to take my clothes off. If I sweat I will itch. I stayed in the air conditioner just about all day yesterday, missing the summer, just so I wouldn't sweat (though my bedroom is getting very organized). I made it through the whole day barely itching. About an hour after I was sleeping I had an itching attack all down my legs, it also turned into a mental fit where my DH was actively trying to "talk me down". (That part was cute, he's taken on researching the baby monitors but hasn't started so  keep asking "so, what are we getting?" and he was trying to calm me down with talking about baby stuff). That made it worse because I didn't think I was being that bad. I changed the sheets, which seemed to help and I fell back asleep. Then I woke up in a few more hours with an attack to my chest and back.

I know pregnant women can over heat easily but this is ridiculous. I am not looking forward to going to patient's houses without air conditioning or a staff meeting today when I know the air won't be cool enough for me.

I'm counting my blessing but grrrrrrrr.!. The summer is half over right?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm super huge and starting waddle.  My husband and mother disagree with me, but they cannot be trusted.  I'm having problems bending over, and I feel like it is just too early for this to be happening.  I'm gaining weight at a rapid pace even though I exercise a lot and I eat relatively healthy, but I am hungry all the time.  I also don't feel well today, and I don't want to work or go to kickboxing.  I want to sit on my fat, pregnant a$$ and read a book or give myself a pedicure before I can no longer see my toes.  Sigh.  I usually wake up in a good mood and feel pretty positive, but that is so not the case today.

I also have this niggling concern about my job.  My boss had a "confidential" phone call with our ex-attorney last week and he didn't want me on the phone.  There really isn't anything confidential between the two of us, and it makes me feel like it was something about me or my employment.  I literally can't think of a situation in which he wouldn't want me to hear unless it affects my job.

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTeffie:
    I haven't felt the baby move today. He hardly moved yesterday either, but I did at least feel him a few times.  Saturday he was a crazy dancing machine. I'm just worried.  I'm drinking a pop, eating sugar, moving around. Nothing.  Freaking. Out.

Me too No

• We just moved to NC about 4 months ago.  I have met NO ONE.  DH is not very social so he is not exactly bringing go workers home or inviting them over for dinner or anything.  Then again he also works with people who are much older then him.

I work from home so all my co-workers are in VA.  I don't see anyone all day long and I just miss having compansionship other then DH. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sick and tired of being irritated and tired. There's so much I have to start doing to get ready for the baby but I just don't have the energy to do it. I'm irritated at work all day every day and it's making me unprofessional. Thank goodness we're closing and I'm losing my job in September anyways.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Another thing... my cube neighbor eats wheat thins every single morning (she actually eats the exact same food at the exact same time every. single. day. but that's another gripe all together). I cannot stand hearing people chew food and she chews so loud and it takes her for freaking ever to eat her damn crackers. I'm about to jump off a cliff!! The sound of her chewing just makes me want to lose my mind.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't believe I forgot a couple of my girl cousins to invite to my shower next Sun. My aunt emailed and said she saw one of them on Sat and invited them. They live w/their mom and I don't have them as a separate entry in my address book. I'm such an idiot; I'm blaming pregnancy brain!

I hate being the only one not drinking. We were out on our friends' boat for a yacht club party Sat night and I was nearly bored to tears b/c all people did was sit on the boat and drink. The party was a couple food/beer vendors, DJ and an ice luge for shots. One friend won the raffle prize of a cooler full of liquor. I just wanted to go home. After leaving at 6, we got home at 12. I'm trying to be a good sport and be the non-complaining pregnant one, but nights like that just suck.
  • And thank you MIL for telling me that she went to BRU and looked at some things we registered for - that the first thing she thought about the bouncer we like w/the toys hanging was that our dog will jump up in it and lay and get the toys. Um okay...
  • imageCrimsonStar:
    I can't believe I forgot a couple of my girl cousins to invite to my shower next Sun. My aunt emailed and said she saw one of them on Sat and invited them. They live w/their mom and I don't have them as a separate entry in my address book. I'm such an idiot; I'm blaming pregnancy brain!

I hate being the only one not drinking. We were out on our friends' boat for a yacht club party Sat night and I was nearly bored to tears b/c all people did was sit on the boat and drink. The party was a couple food/beer vendors, DJ and an ice luge for shots. One friend won the raffle prize of a cooler full of liquor. I just wanted to go home. After leaving at 6, we got home at 12. I'm trying to be a good sport and be the non-complaining pregnant one, but nights like that just suck.

I hear ya. DH and I have a ton of summer weddings to go to this year. I love weddings because I like to drink, mingle and dance. Now it's not as much fun if you take away the alcohol. I just suck it up and deal with it. Besides, who doesn't enjoy an ice cold cocktail during the warm summer nights?

December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• This is another MIL one. Thank you dear MIL of mine and telling me last night that I was crazy because I want to get an epidural.  I mean she made it sound like I was the worst mother in the world becaue I want to get one.  She was telling me that when she gave birth to DH she didn't get one and she got pretty tore up but eh it wasn't that bad and that within an hour of having him she was showered and her makeup was done and her hair was up in curlers so she would look good for people when they came to see her.  I jsut looked over at DH and said OK lets go home.  I got in the car and just lost it totally crying.  She is going to be one of those people that I do not do anything right.  If I want an epidural and not have my hair and makeup done right after then so be it!!  BAH I was so mad!
  • imageCrimsonStar:
    And thank you MIL for telling me that she went to BRU and looked at some things we registered for - that the first thing she thought about the bouncer we like w/the toys hanging was that our dog will jump up in it and lay and get the toys. Um okay...

I love DH but I hate when all he does is point out a problem and offers no solution. We went to look at swings and bouncers on Sunday and he declared we couldn't get either because the baby would be too low to the floor and the cats would attack him. I calmly explained that at no point should we have the baby anywhere near the cats without supervision, that the cats are not random attackers and have been exposed to plenty of babies, that babies spend a lot of time on the floor with or without swings/bouncers and that if he thinks I'm going to carry the baby around until he's two years old he's effing insane. The cats will likely take the opportunity to explore the kid when he's in the swing, yes. In fact, they're likely to sleep in the swing when he's not in it. It's going to be fine.

• * I need another day in the weekend.  We just did too much.  And I can't just go home today and veg, since the ILs are here for 2 weeks.  (for pp - my ILs come for multiple weeks but they come from the other side of the world, so that it makes sense to stay that long).  I don't mind my ILs being here, I just wish I could sit on my couch in my pjs for a few hours.

* I'm in NOVA today and I hope I can make it home with minimal traffic.  I should probably leave now to get home by 5pm.

* I need a nap.

• imagejnealet:

* I'm in NOVA today and I hope I can make it home with minimal traffic.  I should probably leave now to get home by 5pm.

...yeah, pretty much!

• imageBananappeal145:

Everything and everyone outside of my house pisses me off. Everything. Work (possibly the only one that is justified) family vacation, family, friends, grocery store, gas station, walking to the mail box, everything. All I want to do is be at home alone with DH.

This.  I want to be a giant sloth.  And eat.  A lot. I have no desire to go to work, in fact, today I took the opportunity of an unexpected sono to declare that I was staying at home on the couch for the rest of the day. (Not like me at all.)

I also had to buy new undies, so I went to Soma and found great bras, and they had a sale on panties too.  The largest size they had was XL.  I bought 5.  Got home...all are too small.

• Oh, and I'm officially putting a stop to trying to video LO's kicks for DH who is still away.  If it weren't ticking me off so badly, it might be comical.  I swear it knows when I pick the darn thing up and stops.  It's probably laughing at me  r i g h t  n o w.
  • imagemandapanda78:
    imagejnealet:

...yeah, pretty much!

LOL.  Yeah.  Get out now.  (I'm in MD too) Smile

• Everything hurts! I wake up in the middle of the night just to stretch because my back, belly and legs ache so bad, and I stretch several times a day.

We are so broke. Somewhere between a vacation that proved to be way more expensive than we thought, and time taken off for family in the hospital I guess I get to get chewed out about the balance still owed to the doctors office when I go in again in 2 weeks. Freaking great.

Everyone keeps mentioning nurseries. We have a boy and a girl already, so all bedrooms are taken. I get to find (or make) the room for all baby stuff in our 10x13 bedroom with us. Joy.

My DH doesn't want to do anything around the house. I kid you not, I have our sons headboard for his new bed sitting in a box in the living room that has been there since before we found out I was pregnant. I couldn't convince him to take down the dang christmas lights that I couldn't get to until May. Really! May!

I'm feeling exceptionally b!tchy today, I keep being told not to stress, but no one is doing anything to help with the things that stress me out. It's not like they go away or fix themselves all on their own.

• imagezellerwallacebaby:

I am so hot. I am sitting in my air conditioner, set at 68, and still am HOT under my boobs and my thighs. I had to take my clothes off. If I sweat I will itch. I stayed in the air conditioner just about all day yesterday, missing the summer, just so I wouldn't sweat (though my bedroom is getting very organized). I made it through the whole day barely itching. About an hour after I was sleeping I had an itching attack all down my legs, it also turned into a mental fit where my DH was actively trying to "talk me down". (That part was cute, he's taken on researching the baby monitors but hasn't started so  keep asking "so, what are we getting?" and he was trying to calm me down with talking about baby stuff). That made it worse because I didn't think I was being that bad. I changed the sheets, which seemed to help and I fell back asleep. Then I woke up in a few more hours with an attack to my chest and back.

I know pregnant women can over heat easily but this is ridiculous. I am not looking forward to going to patient's houses without air conditioning or a staff meeting today when I know the air won't be cool enough for me.

I'm counting my blessing but grrrrrrrr.!. The summer is half over right?

I'm totally an incher too!!! it sometimes drives FI crazy!!

Like many of you i also have a $hitty night of sleep, but i actually did do a do-over and went back to bed. if i didnt i would have been extremely sick all day.. and frankly, it's not worth the rick.

im frustrated that i keep doing loads of laundry and seem to not make a dent! i was just SO sick in the beginning that crap just got piled.. and since i now get burst of energy here and there i'm trying to get it all done... trying.

• I got two migraines within the last three days. I got one on Saturday immediately after work so fortunately I was able to sleep it off but it ruined my whole Saturday evening.

I still felt like crap and had a leftover headache yesterday at work and was so happy this morning that I felt great at work. Then an hour in as I was trying to get all my diabetiec's insulins done (I'm a nurse), I had another migraine come on. Its not very safe to be poking people with needles when you are having trouble seeing due to a pre-migraine aura!

They got someone to come up and finish my med pass but I had to stay and finish charting. To top it off, someone started having chest pains and the nurse practitioner was there giving me orders in the midst of me vomitting and having diarrhea in the bathroom. They made me stay until the nursing supervisor was out of the morning meeting and I finally got to go home at 10 after working three hours since my migraine started.

I did come home and sleep two hours and am feeling a lot better. Not great, but better.

imageimage
  • Hi all,

Newbie here!  I am also expecting in November... 

Thanks for this post I Like it.  Gotta appreciate the humor of it all anyway.
    @bananapeal ... I think you pretty much summed up how I feel.  I hate everytbody and thankfully for me its not so much at work (that's actually where I feel ok)  but more every friend and family member.  And they really haven't done anything I am just feel angry toward all of them - all I want to do is stay home with DH and stay away from everybody else!
    @mandapanda...  lol at the cats jumping up and "attacking"  baby.  Don't worry I'm sure that will be the farthest thing from their minds considering they will probably be scared to death of the new little munchkin invading their space.  Thats how my cats were with my first one - they stayed away.

Anyway happy venting ladies.  I think this is a crabby time of the year due to the heat - better days will be ahead.  Look forward to chatting more in the future - this is my first post!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OH!  and I should also mention - whenever I get especially riled up about something, LO ? (does that mean the baby?)  gets all fired up along with me and starts kicking.  fun times!  LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It annoys me that my 'friends' expect me to be the exact same...like RIGHT NOW.  None of them have children... and I do not expect anyone to understand how I feel... but I do not need comments like "Ugh I feel so pregnant..."  Ok...no you do not feel pregnant, nor do you know how it feels, the correct term would be BLOATED and I so wish I still felt pregnant.  

My milk came in, since I did have a baby.  Now they are pretty much back to normal, I still have a little milk, but I do not like that my body is going back to how it was.  I have stopped bleeding for the most part, which is good, but would have been better if I stopped bleeding BEFORE!!!!!   Like when I was PREGNANT!!!!

>:-( 

• My vacuum is broken (parts on order) and all I do is see all of the crap on the floor.  

Was that the most stepford pityparty answer ever? 

• imagelhakers:

It annoys me that my 'friends' expect me to be the exact same...like RIGHT NOW.  None of them have children... and I do not expect anyone to understand how I feel... but I do not need comments like "Ugh I feel so pregnant..."  Ok...no you do not feel pregnant, nor do you know how it feels, the correct term would be BLOATED and I so wish I still felt pregnant.  

My milk came in, since I did have a baby.  Now they are pretty much back to normal, I still have a little milk, but I do not like that my body is going back to how it was.  I have stopped bleeding for the most part, which is good, but would have been better if I stopped bleeding BEFORE!!!!!   Like when I was PREGNANT!!!!

>:-( 

You definitely have the most reason to be b!tchy, annoyed, upset and everything else right now. And I sure hope that your friends gain a little consideration, that must be awful to listen to, and no you are not going to be exaclty the same right now and no one should expect you to be.

and to our newbie, yes LO means little one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"