September 2011 Moms

Okay who slapped my MIL into shape?!

Sometime in April or May my MIL and I were talking on the phone and she expressed her "interest" in being in the delivery room. I tried telling her I wasn't comfortable with that, but she just wasn't having it. She went on about how all the grandmothers were "supposed" to be in there and that she WAS going to be there. That I didn't realize how my modesty would go out the window when pushing a baby out, things of that nature. I just couldn't get through to her. Add on to the fact that she lives 14 hrs away (her plan was  to drop everything and make it  before crowning) and would be in town for a week or so.

DH and I talked extensively about this. He doesn't want his overbearing mom stressing me out (during labor, delivery, or that first week home) and he called her last night. Her plan completely matched up with our ideal plan! It was insane. DH was completely speechless, she said she would come a week or two after baby was born, that "she respected my wanting only DH in the room", and she "didn't want to overwhelm me".

Crazy! So who slapped her into shape? Maybe abducted her and re-wired her brain? I am so confused, this is the exact opposite of every other situation with this lady.

FTR: Not complaining- I am thrilled.

Photobucket
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

Re: Okay who slapped my MIL into shape?!

• *raises hand*

It was me.  You can thank me later! Smile

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageexoh:

*raises hand*

Can you take care of my MIL too? Thanks! Haha 

Jenni and Michael November 8th, 2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • looks liek she took her meds today....my MIL is like that too, overbearing one minute & then an absolute delight the next, wish I could pick which one she would be full time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When you find out who slapped her can you have that person slap my MIL? Devil

• imageitalnprncss78:

When you find out who slapped her can you have that person slap my MIL? Devil

It was exoh. She is the MIL-whisperer.

• Lol!  I'm going with alien abduction. Stick out tongue  Glad it's gotten better for you though!

Crazy MILs make me grateful that mine lives far away and doesn't travel...at all.  Not that mine is crazy...I'm rather fortunate; however, I'm drowning in baby clothes that she's sending me.  Do babies really NEED 50 onsies, 50 sleepers...etc, etc, etc... Lol! Oyes.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad you've got that weight off your mind! Great news, I hope she sticks with that plan!

If you read the board, the post just below yours is titled "aw I did it" and if you read them back to back I believe this proves eortman got your mother in law to cooperate :)

• I just hope my MIL doesn't want to be in the delivery room. Luckily, the hospital only allows two people (a partner and a support person). I might just designate my mom as the additional support person, thereby ending the possibility of MIL being there. Unfortunately DH is very bad when it comes to anything medical, and I'm worried he might not cope too well with me giving birth.

• imageluckygal3:
    imageexoh:

*raises hand*

Can you take care of my MIL too? Thanks! Haha 

hehe, sure. I will send you a bill later! Smile
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemollybloom:
    imageitalnprncss78:

Lol!  I need to make myself a t-shirt! Smile

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageexoh:
    imagemollybloom:
    imageitalnprncss78:

Exoh's lil one will have a bib stating "My Mother was September 2011 Mom's MIL Whisperer of the year!!"

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • NICE!! :: fingers crossed::: hope the new plan sticks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • IDK, but they just left florida, my MIL still has red on her cheek, but a smile on her face and niceness in her voice lol
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJaninneAlvarado:
    imageexoh:
    imagemollybloom:
    imageitalnprncss78:

That is hilarous!!

Exoh's lil one will have a bib stating "My Mother was September 2011 Mom's MIL Whisperer of the year!!"

• Thats AWESOME news!!! ....maybe God answered my prayers for you! Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"