November 2011 Moms

? for the mom's that have a little one's in diapers

I am a coupon shopper and came acrossed a good deal on diaper wipes last month, I bought 40 boxes of huggies 72 count wipes for $20.00. I checked the expire dates and they say 2014. 

I can do the deal again next week but dont want to overstock and have them expire.

Should I get 40 more for $20? How long will 40 boxes of 72 count wipes really last? I am not due till 11/24

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? for the mom's that have a little one's in diapers

• GREAT DEAL!! If your only having one that will last you about a year. I would get the other 40 since their usually about $13-15 a case and they don't expire til 2014!! You will use wipes for at least 2-3 yrs for the baby so get your shopping on!

Oh and you'll use wipes for everything!! Lol hand cleaning, mess wipe ups when your out....list goes on. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are getting close to the expiration date and have a lot left, you could always donate them to a women's shelter. They are sure to use them up quickly. Great deal! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a great deal.  For $20 its worth the gamble.
  • If they are sensitive I would do it again. If they are regular I might wait. You don't know if you will be able to use them on your child. They could have a reaction to them. It doens't mean you won't be able to use them for wiping hands and stuff. However I'm sure I could always find something less productive to spend 40.00 on :-)!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageAugustbride:
    If they are sensitive I would do it again. If they are regular I might wait. You don't know if you will be able to use them on your child. They could have a reaction to them. It doens't mean you won't be able to use them for wiping hands and stuff. However I'm sure I could always find something less productive to spend 40.00 on :-)!

That is a great deal, but it is hard to stock up because you don't know if your LO will have a reaction to it or if YOU will even like them.  We used the huggies sensative wipes and I just hated them.  So when DS was a few weeks old we switched to Pampers sensative and it was much better. 

I would probably buy them and if they work out for you and LO then great.  If not then donate them because as PP menteioned shelters are always looking for wipes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If I dont like them or cant use them I have the receipt I will just exchange them for another brand, I did buy 20 sensative and 20 regular.

Will I use a box a week?

• Like someone else said, I wouldn't stock up until you know you like the product and that your little one can tolerate it.  Unless you are willing to take a gamble on possibly wasting the money. 

When wipes "expire" they don't go bad or become harmful.  If they pass their date, you may find they have dried out.  You can always remoisten them if you need to. I wouldn't worry about the date as much as I would the real possibility that this will not be a good product for your child.  Coupons for diapers and wipes come around all the time.  This won't be your only chance to save. 

• imagemomtoo4:

Will I use a box a week?

I didn't but I don't remember how many I used on average. I mean sometimes you need more and sometimes you need less. I'm not sure if you use more for girls then boys in general either? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • wow! great deal. how did you do that one? I am also a coupon clipping mama but that one I have not tried. 

Like everyone else said, I would do it because you will use them on everything! I even use them on my dashboard. ha ha! 

• As good of a deal as it is, I would not take advantage of it.  I stocked p on baby wipes with great coupon deals before DS was born, and it turned out he has super sensitive skin and he even reacted to some of the wipes made for sensitive skin.  It would really stink to spend $40 on all of the same type of wipe only to have your LO be allergic.  If LO is not allergic, the 40 boxes will last you ages and give you plenty of time to find other great deals on wipes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"