Arizona Babies

Suggestions on where to receive prenatal care?

Hello,

I just relocated to Tucson and am looking for a good place for pre-natal care and delivery of my baby - due in November. I went to a clinic near the Northwest Medical Center but was pretty unhappy with the service and the staff. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Re: Suggestions on where to receive prenatal care?

• Hi,

This is my 5th baby, I'm due in Feb. My 4th baby Ashlyn, now 3 yrs old was delivered by the most wonderful ob gyn his name is Thad Decker (520)886-6486. I changed providers at rougly 7 mos pregnant and I have never been happier, he is my current ob with this pregnancy:). I live in OroValley and he is all the way on the East side of Tucson, but so worth the drive. I wish u the best and welcome to Tucson...Big Smile

• Welcome to Tucson!  I have a one year old and I have to say that my OB is fantastic, I love her.  Her name is Dr. Jessica Moreno at University Medical Center.  I do want to mention that it is tough to get in with her initially (I hope she's taking new patients) but she's worth it.  Sweetest lady!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions!  Before I saw these posts, I ended up making an appointment at the Copperstate ob/gyn - a bit chaotic there with all the patients and staff, but i was surprisingly seen within 15 minutes of my appt time. I also live in Oro Valley so the drive is pretty far, but I'm hoping it will be worth it. Thanks for your help! 

• I go to Copperstate and really like my doctor there (Dr. Kazemi-Dunn). It is right down the road from us. I usually make early morning appointments and am seen with 5 minutes of arriving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you still pretty happy with your doctor? I need to pick mine and I was leaning towards St. Joe's, and I thought Copperstate delivered there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry for the late reply, but yes, and they only deliver at St. Joe's (which is great because we live less than a mile away!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's probably too late for this suggestion, but I and several girlfriends have gone to Copperstate (with various people: Brainard, Weisert, Ferrias) and we love them. I have Weisert and she's fabulous. Plus all the Copperstate docs have privileges at St. Joseph's, which has the ONLY fully-private labor and delivery department (meaning every delivery room is private as opposed to just some, in addition to all the recovery rooms) of any hospital in the city! I don't know about you, but I prefer to push out a watermelon in private as opposed to next to some other screaming naked lady. We'll see, I'm due to give birth in three weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"