December 2010 Moms

Introducing....

I realized I never actually introduced myself on any of the boards! I'd love to get to know some people now that I'll be one here more... I'm DeAnna and I have a 7 month old son (hence then Dec 2010 mom :) )... on the internet we call him Jarhead :) I love being a mom.. I'm lucky enough to be able to stay home with him while DH works and goes to school... We just barely moved from MD to UT and are enjoying being back.. We've got some family here and many friends from when we use to live here... My favorite thing about being a mom is watching him grow. Jarhead is SUCH a happy little boy and I love that he smiles and laughs at everything... He loves when he learns new things and is so determined..

What's your name? How many kids do you have? What's your favorite thing about being a mom?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Introducing....

• Welcome to the board! Are you or your husband a Marine - is that where Jarhead came from? (my hubby used to be a Marine, so I'm pretty familiar with the term).

We've just got one baby for now (human anyway, our dog is our other baby). I just love watching him discover new things. He just mastered crawling this week and is already moving on to pulling up on things. They really do grow so fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha.. No Marines here... We just chose the name because we liked it... We knew it was a military name but that's about it... My nickname on the internet is DeMom and DH is Mr. Clean :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome!  Elliot is our first child.  I do love watching him grow, but it hurts my heart a little at the same time.  I love EVERYTHING about being a mom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome!! 

What is your son's birthday?  

Baby E is 7 months old today, and she is our first.  She's a silly little peanut!  I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) also, and I love it and feel so grateful for the time I get to spend with her.  :)   

• Welcome!

My name is Barbara, I have one son, born Dec 12.

My favorite thing about being a mom is the joy I get from watching DS do basically any little thing! Everything he does is just so cute & puts a smile on my face!

• Hello it is nice to meet you I am also new at posting on the board. My daughter is now 6 and 1/2 months old she is my world she was born 2 days after christmas. I wish i was a SAHM but we could not afford it at this time but i am able to work part time and it kills me to be away from her.

• hey there,

i have one son, O, who was also born on Dec. 12th.  my favorite thing about being a mom to O is watching his little (or big, rather) personality develop.

welcome!

• imagemands629:

When you say Jarhead I think of the old Archie (at least I think it was Archie) comics - you know the one's with Veronica and they normally came in bubble gum.  Stick out tongue  And when you call your DH Mr. Clean - I actually think of Mr. Clean.  Does he have a bald head too?

I was never much of a comic reader so I'm not sure about the old Archie comic.. haha.. but yes Mr. Clean has a bald head as well :) i love it.. AND Jarhead LOVES to run his hands on it... haha... 

• Hi there and welcome!  I'm Jo.  This is my first child, though I have 3 step-kids, the youngest of whom I'm lucky to be pretty tight with.  I've taken being a step-mom seriously, and the kids know they are very important to me.

At this particular moment in time, I think my favorite thing about being a mom is the warm fuzzy feeling I get when Grace looks around the room for me, or looks up from doing something and smiles right at me, or anything else she does that makes my heart feel 10x bigger.

• Welcome! I'm Kellog+1. I have one baby boy, G, who is 7.5 months old. He was born Nov 26 but due Dec 12 which is why I started on the Dec 2010 boards last year and I wasn't kicked out when DS came early. Lol! I love feeling like I have a special relationship with my little guy and I love watching discover the world around him. So much fun.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Hi and welcome.

I'm only an occasional poster, but my name is Tanya and my son is my first. He'll be 8 months tomorrow. Eeek! He was born nov. 15, but due december 5th.

My favorite thing about being a mom is watching him change. He went from being a cranky, colicy baby to a happy, energetic bundle now. It goes much much to fast!

• THANKS! for all the posts :) i'll use this to reference people in other postings :) hehe... oh and jarhead's bday is 12/10 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"