Babies: 9 - 12 Months

2000oz of BM down the drain...

I am an EPer and had amazingly gotten my freezer stocked full of 2000oz of breast milk.  I was just about done weaning from the damn pump and found that my freezer had crapped out.  All of my precious, delicious hard work is down the drain. I sobbed like a little kid and my mom came over to help clean it up.  DH came home with presents...suck.

Anyways, now I have to re-lactate. neat.  i used to pump 20+oz with NO issue at each session, now i'm having trouble getting .5oz total. 

Thank you for joining me in my pity party...CryingParty!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2000oz of BM down the drain...

• holy crap, that really sucks! im sorry.
  • I would be devastated.  I'm really sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG....I'm so sorry!!!
  • OMG!  I EP and I gotta say, you seem to ba taking it WAY better than I would have!  I might have jumped off a bridge, screamed until I could no longer speak, or pulled every hair out of my head.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • imageHBaylies:
    OMG!  I EP and I gotta say, you seem to ba taking it WAY better than I would have!  I might have jumped off a bridge, screamed until I could no longer speak, or pulled every hair out of my head.

This- and I am so sorry.  I pump at work and am proud of my meager stash... I would have died.  And someone else might have gone with me. 

• Oh no! I would be a sobbing mess. :( I'm so sorry.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I would be crying too. So sorry.

20oz at each session?  Wow. I can't even imagine. 

• Oh my god.  I have about 200 oz. in the freezer and I've already told DH that if the power goes out I'll be calling all the neighbors to find out who's got functioning electricity.  I feel your pain, mama.  Good luck with the relactation.  You can do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies. I was a crazy sobbing mess, but there was nothing that could have been done. So I had to make the choice, back to pumping or formula? I'm hoping for bm until age one...we will see.

Our power didnt go out or anything, the freezer just pooped. ugh. I'm calling our insurance company today

• I am so, so sorry.  

however long the night, dawn will break.

• I would be physically sick.

And, 20 oz?  You're my hero.  I couldn't get that in a whole day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry.  I actually teared up a little reading this.  It's like my worst nightmare.

Good luck with re-lactating!  You'll get there!

• imageilovetolaugh:

Thanks ladies. I was a crazy sobbing mess, but there was nothing that could have been done. So I had to make the choice, back to pumping or formula? I'm hoping for bm until age one...we will see.

Our power didnt go out or anything, the freezer just pooped. ugh. I'm calling our insurance company today

I'd talk to them about the cost of bm.  It's about $6/oz at a milk bank.  Maybe you could negotiate a fair price for what you lost?

• Oh, wow, that's horrible.  I have been EPing for 9.5 months and I know how tough it is!  If I lost my freezer stash as well I would be completely devastated.  I hope the relactating goes well!
    My Blog: http://krate24.blogspot.com/ Heather Ann, born still on Jan. 26, 2009 at 27w2d. <a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/krate24/?action=view
  • Hey I cried when my husband left a single bottle (8oz) out on the counter over night.  I don't know how you're functioning after losing 2000oz.  Oh my gosh, I feel for you!
  • OMG, I would have gone insane,. When DS got the milk protein allergty, I had 1000oz and I couldn't feed him one drop.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am so sorry! That's horrible!
  • JJ1973JJ1973 member
    That is awful. I would have sobbed for days, and I only have about 100 oz in my freezer. All that hard work...I'm sorry. Hang in there.
  • I am so sorry, my heart broke reading this.  You are handling it waaaaaaaay better than I would.

I get very little when I pump so I have such respect for you!

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • That's horrible! I'm sorry.
    image image

• I am so sorry. That is devastating :(

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• I am soooooo sorry for your loss! (((hugs)))
  • YulesYules member
    This happened to my neighbor back when we lived in the city. I'm a bm savior! We packed my freezer with it until her new fridge arrived. Wish you lived closer, could have saved yours too :( I quit bf at 9 weeks, but I remember the pumping sessions just to get 4 oz out. Ugh, I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • Ug, I EP'ed for 7.5 months and would flip out.  I would probably have to literally be medicated.  Then I would go Office Space on the freezer. 

Don't be surprised though if your insurance doesn't cover losses from your freezer going out.  Usually appliance failures are considered maintenance issues.

• omg. that sucks. but i know you know that already!  i'm sorry! :(

• MSC03MSC03 member
    Oh my god, I am so, so sorry!!
    imageimage
  • I'm so sorry, I think I would need to be hospitalized if that had happened to me.
  • Rach21Rach21 member
    I'm so sorry! :c( That really blows!!!
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • Wow!  I am so, so sorry!  I would have cried my eyes out too!  Hopefully relactating will be easy and quick.
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• That sucks! I'm so sorry!
  • Sooooo sorry to hear that! (hugs)
  • You're all too sweet!  I woke up today thinking that I had to just suck it up and move on because being upset wasnr't going to feed B.  Man, I hate the damn pump, i was so ready to put it away.....another month and a half and then I can blow the thing up in some sort of spectacular manner!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"