August 2011 Moms

Uh-Oh... things are about to get feisty.

Re: Uh-Oh... things are about to get feisty.

• ohhh something to read while im staying in the ac to cool off!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was thinking the same thing! 

I was wondering when it was going to show up. People never learn that certain things cause heated discussions. 

Circumcision.. vaccinations.. breastfeeding vs. formula feeding. *face palm* 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJennairess:
    ohhh something to read while im staying in the ac to cool off!!

This! LOL 

• fishy Original poster...this is her 1st post! (just noticed that)
  • imageJennairess:
    fishy Original poster...this is her 1st post! (just noticed that)

I didn't even look. Figures though, boards were a little boring lately :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh man - I just posted on this with my opinion on the matter and really got some people excited! :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageohyeahdollface:

I was thinking the same thing! 

I was wondering when it was going to show up. People never learn that certain things cause heated discussions. 

Don't forget SAHM vs WM, cloth diaper vs disposable, potty "training" vs potty "learning" (because you "train" a dog, not a child. Not my words, just what I've seen said).  The list goes on and on.

• imageBlinkMe182:

imagemairanellis:
    potty "training" vs potty "learning" (because you "train" a dog, not a child.

HA HA HA!! I have NEVER heard this!!! H and I love to make fun of the dumb-baby-related things people say!! I am totally throwing this one at him tonight!!!!

I know!  It makes me laugh too. 

• imagemairanellis:

Don't forget SAHM vs WM, cloth diaper vs disposable, potty "training" vs potty "learning" (because you "train" a dog, not a child. Not my words, just what I've seen said).  The list goes on and on.

WOW never heard this one, that cracks me up!

• imagemairanellis:
    imageohyeahdollface:

really?? Haven't we all been "trained" to do our jobs and/or other tasks? I never have found this word to be exclusive to dogs. Interesting that others do!

• imagelincolngirl:
    imagemairanellis:
    imageohyeahdollface:

really?? Haven't we all been "trained" to do our jobs and/or other tasks? I never have found this word to be exclusive to dogs. Interesting that others do!

No we were job "learning"...duh!! ...and its totally not strength "training"...it's learning...geesh people. 

• this has to be the most ignorant and misinformed statement of the whole thread...

imageold_time_girl:
    We are not. I've done too much research on the subject to allow my baby to be vaccinated. Not only that, but a few of the vaccines have been made with human aborted embryos. So, even if it was just for that reason alone, I would not vaccinate.

• imageSkibunny07:

this has to be the most ignorant and misinformed statement of the whole thread...

imageold_time_girl:
    We are not. I've done too much research on the subject to allow my baby to be vaccinated. Not only that, but a few of the vaccines have been made with human aborted embryos. So, even if it was just for that reason alone, I would not vaccinate.

Dead and buried.

• Sigh...the research librarian in me can not understand why people do not do real research from credible sources when making such big decisions as vaccination for your child.  Not just one study, not just from the web (where the majority of primary source research is unavailable), not just from other people...  I'd like to see some of these folks' sources...
  • Is it just me or are people crazy for not vacinating their kids??? 

I thought before they could start school they had to be vacinated, has that changed? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...
  • imageJena6121984:

Is it just me or are people crazy for not vacinating their kids??? 

I thought before they could start school they had to be vacinated, has that changed? 

That's still a rule in Texas, but I don't know about anywhere else. Also if it's a Montessori school or something they may not have to.

• imageJena6121984:

Some states allow for philosophical/religious exemptions. 

• imagemissjilly1025:
    Oh man - I just posted on this with my opinion on the matter and really got some people excited! :) 
    Yeah, for some reason "I don't really care if my baby or your baby dies from a preventable disease" gets people riled up. Huh.
  • imageJena6121984:

It's not just you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJena6121984:

I think it depends on the state and also like a PP said, Montessori schools and I think private schools don't have to follow the same standards.

I just don't understand how in any universe putting your child or other children at risk for DYING would ever be less then any risk associated with vaccines. I said in a post on there. Even if there is a correlation between vaccines and autism... I think I would take the risk of my child maybe possibly having a small risk of getting autism and living then maybe possibly getting one of these diseases and DYING 

• imageJennairess:
    imagemairanellis:

WOW never heard this one, that cracks me up!

I would punch someone in the face if they said that to me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageohyeahdollface:

Agree- people really don't ever seem to learn that!  Ah well, makes for entertainment for the rest of us to read! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
  • Debates like this bring the crazies out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Max born July 25

Big sisters Alex and Layla

• megd06megd06 member

imagetartaruga:
    imagemissjilly1025:
    Oh man - I just posted on this with my opinion on the matter and really got some people excited! :) 
    Yeah, for some reason "I don't really care if my baby or your baby dies from a preventable disease" gets people riled up. Huh.

Yes I wish non-vaccinated kids would walk around with signs--I'd keep my kids from them. I'm pretty non-judgemental about most parenting choices (circumcision or no, breastfeeding/formula, etc) but this one seems pretty obvious to me: Do you want your child to potentially get deathly ill, or not? Hmmmm....

• imageplumag:
    Sigh...the research librarian in me can not understand why people do not do real research from credible sources when making such big decisions as vaccination for your child.  Not just one study, not just from the web (where the majority of primary source research is unavailable), not just from other people...  I'd like to see some of these folks' sources...

Wait...you mean FB and mercola.com don't count???? 

Seriously people are idiots.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemissjilly1025:

Gee, could that because you're endangering your child(ren)? Nah, can't see why people would care about that.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • that thread is really starting to urk me on how utterly stupid some people are. So help me god if my child were to get sick cause of one of these morons that didnt vaccinate their child....pregnancy hormones would be mild!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"