December 2010 Moms

Another clicky: crawling yet?

As I see more and more posts about crawling, I'm wondering how many of our LO's are doing it...
[Poll]
photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Another clicky: crawling yet?

• Mine goes on his belly and waves his arms and legs, but doesn't get anywhere.  He can spin around, but that's about it!

But, he just mastered sitting this week all of a sudden, so I don't want to rush the milestones!

• Alec is crawling, but he only takes a few "steps" at a time.  He moves the quickest and furthest when the cat is in front of him.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethatgirl85:
    Alec is crawling, but he only takes a few "steps" at a time.  He moves the quickest and furthest when the cat is in front of him.  

Elliott does this, too! Unfortunately (fortunately? lol) the cats are too quick for him right now :) It will just be a matter of time before he can catch up though, I'm sure!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejillybean800:

But, he just mastered sitting this week all of a sudden, so I don't want to rush the milestones! 

I don't want to scare you, but a few days after Avery learned to sit up, she was on all fours rocking back and forth. She was crawling a week later. I was really hoping to enjoy the sitting up phase a bit longer, but she had other plans... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kj07kj07 member

B hates being on his stomach so much I don't think he'll ever learn to crawl.  Plus he's just so happy that he can see everything when he's sitting up.  And that is just fine with me.  A sitter who can't go anywhere = practically perfect baby :).

He has just started pushing with his legs and arching his back while laying on his back so I think our immobile days are numbered, though.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imagekj07:

B hates being on his stomach so much I don't think he'll ever learn to crawl.  Plus he's just so happy that he can see everything when he's sitting up.  And that is just fine with me.  A sitter who can't go anywhere = practically perfect baby :).

He has just started pushing with his legs and arching his back while laying on his back so I think our immobile days are numbered, though.

Agreed.  We are certainly enjoying it for now!

• My daughter just pushes herself up with her hands and pushes backwards, but we have been practicing with her everyday. Most of the time all she wants to do is stand and hold on to the couch.
  • DD has graduated from the Army crawl to full fledged on all fours.  Except she uses her feet instead of her knees.  And she doesn't seem to like to use her left leg as much as her right, so she kind of moves like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • imagetiffanyp:
    imagejillybean800:

I don't want to scare you, but a few days after Avery learned to sit up, she was on all fours rocking back and forth. She was crawling a week later. I was really hoping to enjoy the sitting up phase a bit longer, but she had other plans... 

OTOH some babies are slower to make progress. DS is crawling now, but he was on hands and knees rocking over a month ago, and was crawling backwards before that. It took him more than a month to get from the rocking stage to actually crawling properly. So you never know. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nora just started crawling on all fours, but she only occasionally does it, since she's still getting it all coordinated. If she wants to get somewhere fast, she drags herself across the floor. Stick out tongue
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEVM1216:

DD has graduated from the Army crawl to full fledged on all fours.  Except she uses her feet instead of her knees.  And she doesn't seem to like to use her left leg as much as her right, so she kind of moves like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

This is a hilarious visual!

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could have clicked at least 3 of the choices!

J is rolling around to get where he needs to go, but he also will "swim"(move his arms and legs all around while laying on his stomach), as MIL calls it. And he also gets up on all fours but doesn't move anywhere.

• I did SS ...LO can roll, and will roll around in his crib ...but he doesn't really roll where he wants to go....he'd just rather cry and scream bloody murder until someone comes and picks him up.  ...I think we have a lazy bones on our hands Tongue Tied
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"