November 2011 Moms

2nd Trimester Weight

Has your weight in the 2nd trimester stabilized or are you still going up? I have stabilized a lot compared to my first trimester. My first trimester I felt like I just exploded but since my 2nd trimester I have pretty much been up about 3lb compared to 10-13 in the first trimester. 

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014

Re: 2nd Trimester Weight

• I didn't gain any in first trimester. I have gained a total of 4 pounds in 2nd trimester. It will just keep going up from there I think. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel like my weight gain is starting to slow down too but I think it's because all I could eat in 1st tri was carbs and very little protein.  I'm now able to eat more protein which has been great.  I'm also trying to watch my diet a little better than 1st tri.
    Daisypath baby
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm just now starting to gain- I lost 6 pounds during 1st tri with all the m/s and I've only gained 2 back so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't start gaining weight until a few weeks ago. I'm up around 3lbs as of last week.
  • I am finally back up to my prepregnancy weight; I lost 12 lbs during the first trimester.  This happened when I was pregnant with DS as well, but it took me until 26 weeks to get back to my prepregnancy weight with him.  Hopefully my weight gain is on track now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 4 pounds in the 1st tri and 6 pounds so far in the 2nd.  I haven't definitely popped though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I barely gained anything during my first trimester.  In the time that I was at the doctor from June to July, I gained 4 lbs.  I am at a total of 12 lbs. and I'm 22 weeks today.  I'm actually pretty proud of that.  LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have gained about 13-15 pounds since pre pregnancy...at my 20 week, I was up like 5 pounds from my wk 16 appointment! i was fortunate to not have any MS in 1st tri so i've just been gaining. I personally think I am about 2-3 pounds ahead of where I should be, but my doctor didn't have anything to say about it when I mentioned that I was concerned. The ice cream every night is definitely not helping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm still down about 10lbs off my pre-pg weight. I'm definitely gaining in my stomach area, but am losing everywhere else (well, not my boobs).

I have an appt Thurs, and I am interested to see if my doc says anything about it..

• I only gained 2-3 lbs the first trimester. Most of my weight gain has been in the past month. I start really gaining around week 16. I've now gained about 12 lbs total. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't gain anything until my 16 week appt.  I've gained about 10 lbs total.  It's all come in the last month so I am kinda freaking our but my doc doesn't seem concerned.  I've tried to cut back on the fries and ice cream though.
  • imagecallensgrl:
    I only gained 2-3 lbs the first trimester. Most of my weight gain has been in the past month. I start really gaining around week 16. I've now gained about 12 lbs total. 
    same here!
  • Mine has been steady.  Pretty sure second tri is supposed to be when you gain the most and then it levels off in the third.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've gained 12 pounds so far. I don't feel like I'm gaining as rapidly as before. At least I hope not lol. I'm glad to read I'm in the average range with the rest of you ladies..lately looking in the mirror I feel like an elephant...smh. I just hope to loss it as fast as I did with my DD. At least we're half way there!!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gained 2 pounds for the first 17 weeks, and in the past 4 weeks I have gained 13 pounds! My doctor says it's fine though, because I was underweight when I got pregnant. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 4 pounds in first and now I'm really climbing for a total of 14 now. I've read that if you gain in first, you will level off gradually throughout. If you dont gain any weight in first, then your body will signal to compensate and pick up the pace :)  
  • I lost a few pounds in the first tri and I've now gained it back plus 3 lbs.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"