April 2011 Moms

s/o How much does your baby eat?

Sorry I am so anal but I need info for that question to be useful.  Is baby getting formula or BM.  Also how often is baby eating?

1.  Formula or BM

2.  How many feedings per day

3.  How many oz?

I am really, truly interested.  DS is just starting to accept a bottle and will only take 2.5oz.  He eats every 3-4hrs and usually 7 feedings in a day, not including snacks before at least 2 of his 3 naps.  I go back to work PT in a week, so this is on my mind ;) 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o How much does your baby eat?

• 1. Breast milk

2. He eats 6 or 7 times a day.

3. I don't know how many ounces he gets in the morning and evening feedings, as he nurses for those.  But at daycare, where he gets 4 feedings, he is eating 24 ounces a day.  Four six ounce bottles.

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • vanfoxvanfox member

imagejanjag:

1.  Formula or BM

2.  How many feedings per day

3.  How many oz?

1. BM

2. About 9 or 10.

3. When he takes bottles, which isn't often, they're usually between 2 and 4 ounces.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Breast milk at home & formula at daycare.

2. She eats about 7-8 times a day. (4 formulas & 3-4 nursing)

3. I don't know how many ounces she gets at her morning & evening nursing sessions, but at daycare so far she eats four 6 oz bottles every 3 hours or so.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• 1.  BM

2.  6-7

3.  Varies based on how long between feedings she has gone, but averages 25oz/day

Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1.  Formula

2.  5-6 feedings

3.  32 oz on average.

Most of her feedings are 6 oz, but she takes as little as 4 oz and as much as 8.

ETA: She was in the 26-28 oz range for a while. At 12 weeks, she had a little growth spurt and started taking between 36 and 40 oz for a few days (crazy!!), and then she leveled out to the 30-32 oz range.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• 1. BM

2. On demand, probably 7-9

3.  No idea.  She took about 3 oz bottles a month ago, but I think it took a long time for her to finish them (I wasn't here). 

I'm not sure if you can find this by googling, but when I saw the LC with ds, she had a chart that said how much ds should be getting each feeding, based upon how many feedings per day AND his weight. 

I've also found this calculator to be useful:

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • willstwillst member

1. BM (EP)

2. 6-7

3. 3.5-4oz

total of about 25 oz a day

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  Formula or BM   formula

2.  How many feedings per day  6-8

3.  How many oz?  at a full feeding, she takes 6, but many times it's between 2-4 and it seems like she eats all damn day...averages about 26 oz per day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We breastfeed, usually 7 feedings in a 24 hour period (every 3 hours during the day and 2 overnight). I don't know how much she's getting exactly, but when I give her a bottle occasionally, we do 4 oz. and that seems to fill her up for the usual 3 hours. HTH!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• LO is 14 weeks 

1.  Breastmilk- from breast and bottle

2.  5x day

3.  approximately 6 oz.

• 1. Forumla

2. 5 times a day (8 am, 12, 4, 8, and dreamfeed at 10:30ish)

3. 6-7 oz at each bottle, 3 tsp rice cereal added in bottles 3 and 4 to help with reflux and spit-up, daily ranging from 30-35 oz

LO is 13 weeks, 14 lbs, and 26.5 inches long ;)

• BLM10BLM10 member

LO is 3 months tomorrow. He is BF and FF. He takes 7 bottles a day of 5-6 ounces (5 if formula, 6 if breastmilk).  He is 12 pounds and sleeps 8-10 hours at night.

• I BF on demand, so it's hard to say, but I was looking through some stuff from my ped earlier, and it said a 2-3 month old should eat 5-6 times a day, 5-6 oz.  So 25-36 oz total.
  • 1. Breastmilk

2.  she takes about 8 feedings a day (every three hours:  4 nursing and 4 with the nanny) 

3.  4 ounces each bottle (not sure when she nurses)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  BM and Formula as I supplement

2.  7-9 times a day.  We do on demand and he goes every 3 hours during the day, clusters a little at night and then one longer stretch overnight

3.  No idea how much from nursing but when we give bottles afterward if he still seems hungry he will take between 2-4 AFTER nursing.  It will vary so much on here though between the different ages and weights of the babies though. 

I am always so worried that he is not getting enough, its tough.

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • imageCurlGurl1:

LO is 14 weeks 

1.  Breastmilk- from breast and bottle

2.  5x day

3.  approximately 6 oz.

Sounds like my LO he eats 6-7 ounces every 2-3 hours. He was 9lb 15oz 22 in when he was born and at his 2 mo check up he was 14lb 8oz 24in. We have not started rice yet but if the formula doesnt keep him satisfied I am guessing we will be starting soon! We did with DS also.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJ1e2n3n4i:

1. Forumla

2. 5 times a day (8 am, 12, 4, 8, and dreamfeed at 10:30ish)

3. 6-7 oz at each bottle, 3 tsp rice cereal added in bottles 3 and 4 to help with reflux and spit-up, daily ranging from 30-35 oz

LO is 13 weeks, 14 lbs, and 26.5 inches long ;)

Sounds like my LO he eats 6-7 ounces every 2-3 hours. He was 9lb 15oz 22 in when he was born and at his 2 mo check up he was 14lb 8oz 24in. We have not started rice yet but if the formula doesnt keep him satisfied I am guessing we will be starting soon! We did with DS also.

SORRY was meaning to quote her instead :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"