July 2011 Moms

stop calling me!

Seriously! If I haven?t called to tell you I?ve gone into labor then I haven?t gone into labor! I am so sick of people calling me and asking me "is she here yet?" Im tempted to say "actually I had her last night, guess you didn?t make the immediate call list."

ok vent over :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stop calling me!

• AGREE!!

Most people are texting me too...which is still annoying, but easier to ignore :) 

• Totally agree! Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemp1320:

Seriously! If I haven?t called to tell you I?ve gone into labor then I haven?t gone into labor! I am so sick of people calling me and asking me "is she here yet?" Im tempted to say "actually I had her last night, guess you didn?t make the immediate call list."

Yes Do it! Maybe they'll get the point.

image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • I don't have people bugging me yet, but I still have three weeks to go. However, I am surprised they are asking you already since you still have two and a half weeks!

• That's exactly what I say when people ask me. 

"Yes I had her, you're the ONLY person I didn't tell"  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCactusGirl:
    I don't have people bugging me yet, but I still have three weeks to go. However, I am surprised they are asking you already since you still have two and a half weeks!

I know! I dont think I can take it for another 2 1/2 weeks

• I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I haven't had anyone bug me.  i also told my whole entire family that they wouldn't be notified until i actually had her and they'd be notified by my sister, not me because i don't want them to harrass me or her or the hospital.  blessing and a curse i guess- now i feel like no one gives a &#!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed!  My mom has been calling every day saying, "Baby watch. Baby watch." And I keep saying, "There is no baby to watch yet."  Just try to take it in stride. Everyone is just excited for you to have your LO in your arms. Just think, you could be getting no calls or texts and then you might be disappointed.  :)
  • imageBritt & Scott:
    Agreed!  My mom has been calling every day saying, "Baby watch. Baby watch." And I keep saying, "There is no baby to watch yet."  Just try to take it in stride. Everyone is just excited for you to have your LO in your arms. Just think, you could be getting no calls or texts and then you might be disappointed.  :)

Very true :)

• imagemp1320:

I'd be annoyed if people were asking me at 37 weeks for a daily update...tell em it could be a month still...how irritating!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I get so annoyed by this, too- never have I hated my phone so much.  DH brought up a good point, it's a better problem to have than no one caring at all.  It's still ANNOYING, though.  As if I have control over when baby comes!
    image eva magnolia 07/22/11
  • COMPLETELY AGREE!!!
    All my friends are calling or texting daily to ask if she's here, "Is it baby time?", "When will she be here?"

Well..... hold on, let me tune into my lil one and ask her when she's planning to make her grand entrance! Grrrr

Hahaha. Sometimes I just have to laugh to stop from getting soo irritated and annoyed! 

Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ITA!  So annoying.  I turned off my FB wall yesterday because people were starting to annoy me there.  Chill out people!
  • Im getting the same thing. Calls, texts, Facebook. I know people are excited but its starting to drive me crazy. I have stopped calling anyone because if they answer the phone the first thing they say is "is he here yet?" and if they dont answer, I get frantic phone calls back later with voicemails that are like "omg did we miss your call? is he here?".

I've already told everyone that no one will be there for delivery except DH and we will give them a time to visit so that we can bond with LO first but everyone seems to feel like they are on call 24/7 to drop everything and run to the hospital lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"