Babies: 6 - 9 Months

DHless

Well DH left for training for the next month (he's a Marine). It's lonely. I'm use to it. What I'm not use to is having a baby while he's away this long. Its like she knows she isn't out numbered anymore and is getting into everything! Plus she is really fussy and wants to be held all day. Don't get me wrong I love cuddling with her, but I need some breathing room. All my family lives about a 3 hour plane ride away so I don't have them here for support. All my friends are too busy. Ah it all just scares me, that in a few month DH will deploy and I have to do this alone for a lot longer than a stinkin month. I know ill be okay. Just gotta get in the swing of things of being on my own again, plus being a mom now. Just needed to vent and have a small pity party before picking myself up tomorrow. Oh and I HATE that when DH is gone I hear every little noise at night! 1ht
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DHless

• I don't have it as bad as you do but I know what  you're going through.  DH is gone pretty much every weekend so I'm going it alone most weekends.  It's tough.  Sometimes I just have to put her down & let her cry so I can pee/check on the food, etc.
  • That stinks. One, thank you both for your service! I was a army wife for 4 years and he was deployed once for 15 months, he was combat so we never got to talk. It sucked. Hopefully having a baby will make it go by faster. Takes a special woman to be a military wife.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp. I takes a special strength to be a military wife. Thank you and him for the service you give to our country.

Maybe you could find a sitter to carve out a few hours a week for yourself. I've had the best luck with care.com.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• First off I would like to thank your husbands for their service to the USA.  If there is one thing I regret is not joining the military when I was younger.

Second off I understand the fact of going it alone.  DH works nights and LO and I get to see him 10 minutes in the morning,if he gets off on time, and about 45 minutes at night before he goes to work.  I pretty much go it alone every night because on the weekends he works a second job (his own business).  I love that he wants to provide for us by working as much as he can and make the most amount of money that he can but sometimes I wish he had a regular 9-5 job so we could spend some more time together and I could have some help with the LO.  But on the other hand I get to be as selfish with her as I want and noone complains.  I can't believe she is almost 9 months old and I have been the only one to put her to bed ever.  I am sure that will come back to bite me at some time but for now I love the special snuggle time we get each night.

image image
  • I know exactly how you feel. DH is deployed. I still have my pity party days, but I'm getting better about it. Today not so much, since I don't feel good. Make sure you look into Give Parents A Break at the CDC on your base. Also, sittercity.com is free for military families. Not the sitters, just the website and background checks they do.

ETA: Just in case you don't know what it is yet, GPAB is 5 hours, 1 [predetermined] Saturday a month of free day care. It's amazing. At this base, it's always the first Saturday of the month, except for holiday weekends.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"