Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bumbo Seat

LO is 4 weeks old, I'm curious when others started to put their LO's in the bumbo seats? Are you suppose to wait until they can support their own head?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bumbo Seat

• Not sure - I never used a bumbo seat, but I would definitely assume that they would need to be able to support their head first...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers image image Photobucket
  • We just started putting LO in there last week and she is wobbly. So that was 12 weeks when we started her. 4 weeks is way too young for the bumbo. I would wait and try it at around 10 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJJSunshine817:
    We just started putting LO in there last week and she is wobbly. So that was 12 weeks when we started her. 4 weeks is way too young for the bumbo. I would wait and try it at around 10 weeks.

Exactly this.

• I agree with PP's.  Bumbo will help your LO practice sitting but it is unsafe until they can hold their head without support.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, head support necessary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think around 12 weeks would be more of an ideal time.  don't worry, you'll be using it before you know it!
  • Thanks Everyone! I assumed she would need to support her own head was just curious when that was for most babies on average
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours started in his seat at 3 months but he could hold his head at birth and had complete control over it by then. It made him so happy because he wanted to sit up so bad and play. I think it totally helped him build those muscles. It is a great tool even though you don't need it very long! But yes, their head can't be wobbly anymore!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • we had E sitting in hers at about 3 months old. but we seriously only used it for about 2 weeks because she would try to lean over the side and escape.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • We started using ours at 3.5 months...before that she couldn't support her head for long periods of time.  

She was also so small that her head would have just rested against the back of it and she really didn't do a lot of playing then so it wouldn't be much fun.  Now she sits in it and plays with her different toys.

• Around 8 weeks here, but I swear my LO came out of the womb holding her head up. Ok, not really, but she could rhold her head up well by a good 6 weeks or so.
  • imageSkittles2113:
    Not sure - I never used a bumbo seat, but I would definitely assume that they would need to be able to support their head first...

I have nothing to add but I love the picture of your LO.  

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • just bought one today- the box says once baby can fully support head. There's no age rec.

1ht

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"