1st Trimester

When do you plan on announcing on Facebook? (Clicky Poll)

My first clicky poll!

When do you plan on announcing on Facebook? (Clicky Poll)

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do you plan on announcing on Facebook? (Clicky Poll)

• We just talked about this tonight actually. Becuase we were not TTC and my SIL just announced her pregnancy, we don't want to cause any unnecessary drama so we are just going to tell family then tell people on a need to know basis. I am guessing by September people will ask why I didn't return to school so word can travel to them by then.
  • After all my close family and friends know and I get an ultrasound picture that doesn't look like a circle or blob. I'll probably wait until about 15 weeks for a facebook announcement just to make sure everything is going smoothly. 

• Loading the player...
  • I think @ 20 weeks, gender and pregnancy announcement all at once.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • We will officially announce it on FB around 12 weeks. I was able to tell everyone I wanted to be sure to tell myself, I won't worry if it leaks out sooner. 
  • DH has some major issues with FB.  I just plan on telling friends and fam in person, and probably going through FB and cleaning out my friends list to actually keep the ones I really do keep in contact with. Maybe later on post a cute PG pic or something!
  • Probably a little later, once I'm showing, maybe around 20wks or so.  I won't to tell most people personally and not have someone I really care about find out via facebook!  Plus I have about 10 preggo facebook friends right now so I'm not in any hurry, since there are so many of us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think we'll announce at 18w after our anatomy scan, so we'll reveal the sex too.
  • My mom already did this the day i fould out and told her... she was so excited she was gonna be a grandma and i was kinda mad at her for it cause i wasnt planning on everyone knowing yet
  • nattyknattyk member
    We wanted to wait until around 12 weeks, but someone posted "when are you due" on my wall the other day, so we had to announce a little earlier than planned. 
  • My cousin announced her pregnancy on FB a couple months back, and my grandparents found it to be distasteful and inappropriate to say the least.  Therefore, I'll be doing all of my announcements in person!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenattyk:
    We wanted to wait until around 12 weeks, but someone posted "when are you due" on my wall the other day, so we had to announce a little earlier than planned. 

Yeah, my step mom went on when I was 7 weeks and posted, "We are so happy to be grandparents!" I asw itabout 2 days later and deleted it. If people saw, they didn't say anything. Luckily, she is not mutual friends with any of my friends, so unless people actually went on my page and read my comments, they wouldn't be able to see it.

• My DH and I have already revealed it to most of our close friends and family. After the next appt at 12.5 weeks(ish), July 27th, we will post on facebook.
  • Travel We're still discussing this one.... We haven't told our family or friends yet and will probably wait to do that until after my 12 week dating scan on the 22 July. Not all of our family or friends use facebook, so we want to tell the people we want to know first so they don't hear about it from someone else. What makes it even more difficult is that we're currently in England and won't head back to North America until the end of August at least! My dh is ready to do just post it now, but I think it's best to wait.... We're torn.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Not in your group but gladly to answer

I would say whenever you are most comfortable, when you feel its right. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We told our families on our daughter's first birthday. We figured that was the perfect time because it was the first time ever our families had been together in the same place at the same time. We had Maddie open a gift that said "Big Sister" 

We announced it on Facebook immediately following the party because we have 2 HUGE families. It was too many people to expect them all to keep quiet.

We said "Maddie's 1st birthday party was a huge sucess. Her favorite gift was her "big sister" shirt. Yep! We are expecting #2!!!!!!"  

I'm still not sure how far along I am (irregular cycles), but I think I was about 6 1/2 weeks at the time. Ignore my ticker, I don't think it's accurate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I posted my whole IVF story so I actually announced the same day I found out which was 3w3d.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• i did after my first appt - 8w5d
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• We've told everyone who matters already in person. I'll probably announce it on my blog next week and then fb some time after that.
  • imageBeanieWeanie:
    We've told everyone who matters already in person. ...then fb some time after that.

this.  we  told everyone who matters in person after i  got  a positive pregnancy test.  facebook was at 11 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We told parents and siblings right away over the phone. Then waited until week 9 to tell other close friends and extended family. I'm still trying to get some of them on the phone, but as soon as my phone call list has finished, we're posting on Facebook! DH can't hardly wait to put it there -- he's a Facebook addict sometimes ;)

• I'm not announcing this time around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"