1st Trimester
Options

Are you thinking of names already?

I happen to still have a spreadsheet of names from our first child and have added a few but we aren't really getting too into it yet because we disagreed on so many of them the first time we went through the list. I think we'll get more active with names after we know the sex.

Although, a friend is pg and due a week before me, I think she's all over names right now and keeps asking me about it. I suspect she doesn't want us to choose the same name options. I read my list to her once and she forbid me to use a few of them because she's got them on her list now. LOL She's crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you thinking of names already?

• Options
    We had names picked out before we got married! Lol!
  • Options
    Yes!  We've already decided on names.  That seems to be the easiest part for us!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey Bobyn: Tewtally off topic but I went to TCU! Hornfrogs for lyfe! 

Actually I only went for a year then transferred out of state, but I'll always be a hornfrog. :) I was there LT's last year. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Options

My DH had a girl name picked out before we even met. ;)  After hearing it for so many years, I now love it, too. 

We had a hard time thinking of boy names, but last year we came across two we love.  They're totally different, so we figure we'll decide once we meet "him" & know which one fits better. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We've been talking about names for years so this isn't much different. If I hear a name I like, I run it past him to see if its an option or if I should just give up on it before I like it too much.

We won't talk too much about them until we know the gender. I have names I love and I'm hoping he starts loving them too. haha. 

• Options
    We always wait until after the gender reveal to even really look. However, whenever I hear a name I like I add it to my mental possibility list.
  • Options
    We had names  picked out before we got married. We used the girl's name for our DD. The boy's name was taken by BIL and SIL. This time around, we are clueless. We have  a short list but we can't seem to agree on anything. Picking names that you both love is so hard.
  • Options
    We have names picked out already! We have one girl name and one boy name and we both love them both. Part of me wonders if we should have an extra - in case the baby doesn't "look" like the name when it comes out, but then again I think that we'll probably be okay. We're not sharing the name until the birth so I think we'll be okay because once we know if it's a boy or girl I know I'll be thinking of the baby as the chosen name, so I don't think I'll want to change my mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLaurdaJean:
    We had names picked out before we got married! Lol!

Same here for us! They are always changing but some have stayed the same and we picked them out forever ago 

• Options
    We have a boy name picked out already, my DH is a III, so a boy would IV. For a girl I don't even know. It took us so long to come up with DDs name . . . we have plenty of time though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, we have some names picked out---some people we're telling and some we're not.  :)
  • Options

We already have a girl name picked out (I picked it out years ago haha)

But for boy names we are having a really hard time finding one we both like. DH wants it to start with a 'J' so he can have the same initials as his fater who passed away..but it's hard to find one we really like and agree on.

• Options
    We haven't even started really talking about this yet... one of these days! Although I have started a list of some of my favorites. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We have a girls name down pat. Picking a boys name has been tough. Hubby wants to go to the B&N and go through a baby name book.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a couple favorites but nothing set. This time around we are not telling family. Hated all the opinions (always bad) last time around when we choose James. 
  • Options
    imageChoicesMom:

We have two problems:

1. There are too many girl names that we love.
    2. There aren't enough boy names that we even like.

We had DD's name picked out right away but this time around we are going to have more difficulty.

DH husband had this same problem....but we have finally narrowed down the list to 2 girl names...Sophia or Guilianna. And our boy name is Gino. We are italian if you couldnt tell haha!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"