3rd Trimester

Repeat C/S - do they still check you?

I'm having a repeat C/S and was wondering if they still do internals.  Also, if they do, when do you start getting them?  I can't remember what week it started last time.  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Repeat C/S - do they still check you?

• Im having a repeat C/S and they will check you if you start having contractions or signs of labor to make sure you arent in active labor, but as long as everything is going fine my doctor hasnt checked.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • they have been checking me
    ~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine said she would if I was curious, but otherwise...no. I have not been checked, and will not either.
  • I am having the total opposite experience. I had 2 previous sceduled c-sections and never had an internal done with either pregnancy. I was with the same medical practice but had two different doctors. I am still with the same practice, but have a 3rd different doctor who does internals even though you are having a scheduled c-section. She starts at 37 weeks. This will be a new experience for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmm, I guess it just depends on the Dr/practice.  I'm with a different dr now than I was with DS and was just wondering.  I was going to ask her at my next appt which is next week, but wanted to ask here first.  Sometimes my DS has to come with me if I don't have anyone to watch him and I want to make sure he isn't there for that! 

Jen&Peter - we have the same C-section date! 

• imageKendraJoette:
    Im having a repeat C/S and they will check you if you start having contractions or signs of labor to make sure you arent in active labor, but as long as everything is going fine my doctor hasnt checked.

Same here.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm almost to week 38 and no one has checked me yet. One of the midwives mentioned it in passing, said she would if I wanted, but it seems like it is done more to humor people than anything else. I mean, not for everyone...some people with health issues or inductions, I think they need to check more, but for a lot of people...it seems it's just for...well, the fun of knowing or thinking you know that you are closer!

I am scheduled for a RCS, though, but not until into my 40th week. But for my last pregnancy, they never really initiated it, either. Because it seems it doesn't necessarily mean anything in particular. But....I am glad....because....oh, I hate them! For some reason, that hurts me late in pregnancy. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatiKM:
    they have been checking me

Umm hello, another Bend, Oregon friend?  We may need to get our LOs together sometime.

• I am having a repeat c/s and I just had a check up today and was told next time I come in, in 2 weeks, that he'll do an internal to see how I'm doing and if I'm dialating he'll start seeing me weekly if not dialating he'll see me in 2 weeks after that.  I believe it all depends on the doctor and how you're doing.  For instance, in my case I'm having lots of pressure, LO is head down, and I've been contracting too (timeable and lasting for a few hours).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...
  • I was going for VBAC but am now having an RCS due to a breech baby that wouldn't turn. Dr. checked me at 38 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCOMomma81:
    Mine said she would if I was curious, but otherwise...no. I have not been checked, and will not either.

This

• I asked my ob last time I was in when they would start them (I am having a repeat c/s) and they do not do them unless you want them with a c-section.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good question...right now I'm going for a VBAC, so they'll be checking my progress, at least at first. If I'm not making any real progress, they will go ahead and have me set up a RCS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"