St. Louis Babies

OB Open to Natural Childbirth

I am looking for an OB who is open to a natural child birth and who will take time to discuss options with me. Any suggestions?? I would like to be at MO-Bap but I am not dead set on that if there is a great OB elsewhere...

Re: OB Open to Natural Childbirth

• Dr Jeffery Mormol. I just had an appointment with him on Saturday to discuss this exact thing.  He delivers at Mo Bap.  This is my first pregnancy so I have no experience with the actual birthing experience. 
  • Dr Carlton Pearse. He is the head of obstetrics at St. Luke's but will deliver at other hospitals. I had my son with him in March. He was totally supportive all the way through my pregnancy and encouraged my use of a birth plan. We agreed that I would go the hospital when my water broke. I labored in the birth tub and on the birthing ball (totally recommended, BTW). Dr. Pearse was there at 4:30 am to deliver my son. (BTW, St. Luke's was great too. No one even mentioned pain meds). If you are planning on circumcision, he also performed on DS that his pedi has raved about at every appointment. I believe his partners are also natural birth-friendly and there is a midwife in the office who can see you but not deliver. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered on the 11th of last month and used Dr. Shanon Forseter. He was very supportive of my decision to go natural from the begining and was very encouraging... even though I had to have a last min emergency c section, he did everything he could to help me reach my goal. I delivered at mobap. :) HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecirca1978:
    Dr Carlton Pearse. He is the head of obstetrics at St. Luke's but will deliver at other hospitals. I had my son with him in March. He was totally supportive all the way through my pregnancy and encouraged my use of a birth plan. We agreed that I would go the hospital when my water broke. I labored in the birth tub and on the birthing ball (totally recommended, BTW). Dr. Pearse was there at 4:30 am to deliver my son. (BTW, St. Luke's was great too. No one even mentioned pain meds). If you are planning on circumcision, he also performed on DS that his pedi has raved about at every appointment. I believe his partners are also natural birth-friendly and there is a midwife in the office who can see you but not deliver. HTH!

I strongly recommend this office too. I didn't see Dr. Pearse, but my OB Dr. Fred Durer was AWESOME. Everyone in the office is so nice and throughout my pregnancy I saw 2 of the other doctors and I thought they were amazing too. I delivered at St. Lukes and loved every minute of my stay there. The nurses and the room were wonderful. 

• imagetsargentj:
    I delivered on the 11th of last month and used Dr. Shanon Forseter. He was very supportive of my decision to go natural from the begining and was very encouraging... even though I had to have a last min emergency c section, he did everything he could to help me reach my goal. I delivered at mobap. :) HTH!

Very encouraging, since I'm going to see him today. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"