November 2011 Moms

Are you the first of your friends to have a baby?

DH and I weren't the first in our group, a close friend of our's got pregnant about 6 months before we did with her boyfriend.  We are however the first to be having our second.  What about you - are you the first in your group of friends (or family) to have a baby?

Re: Are you the first of your friends to have a baby?

• Yes.  We are the first of both of our groups of friends (hubs and mine) to have kids.  Since we had Nolan both of my husband's best friends have had kids as well.  My friends, however, still haven't had kids.   It makes me really sad because it really has driven a wedge between us.  I was still really close with two friends from high school in particular before I got pregnant but now we rarely talk or even see each other.   It really makes me sad but I can't make them want to hang out with.  I really don't know what to do to make it better because whenever I try to ask them to come over to dinner or whatnot they don't want to.  Woe is me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, we are the last of our friends and family to have kids.  Well, I am anyway.  My husband has a daughter from a previous marriage.  But together, we are the last.  Several of my friends had babies right out of high school.  All of our siblings (with the exception of DH's brother, who is single) have children.  And all of our friends have children.  Our closest friends are pregnant currently and due at the end of August so we are super excited.  I was afraid that by the time we had children, everybody would be done.  So excited that my sister is pregnant and due in a couple weeks and my sister in law is pregnant and due 5 days after me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, we are the first to have kids and first to have a second kid as well in both our groups of friends. They are also the only grandkids for both sides as well.
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • romiguromigu member
    We are the one of the last of our close friends (back home) but of our friends here in town, we are the first. 
    imageimage
  • DH's group of guy friends - yes, my group of girlfriends - no

It's been interesting, DH continues to jetski and go on boating adventures w/his boys while I mention things I can't do or just don't go out with them at all. Reality is going to hit big time in a few months when we're going to birthing classes and really getting ready for baby, topsy turvy when baby is home!!

It will be "No DH, you can't go snowmobiling this weekend and leave me w/a newborn, don't think so!"
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    Nope, one of my friends had her LO back in Jan. The other friend, who I see quite often, had her LO back in May. We do a lot with family, so as far as family is concerned, I am the first of my 2 sisters to have a baby. On DH's side his sister has 3 girls and some of his cousin's have kids. Its hard to be pregnant and all of our friends have newborns-6 month old LOs because they are so busy now that we don't get together very much.

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• We were.  I was only 24 when DS was born and most of my friends were still in grad school.  One of my friends has now had a LO and most of the rest are at least married and thinking about children now though so they are getting better lol.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • We're the first in our group of friends to have kids and this is our 2nd. It's tough. We get a babysitter when we can, but often they make plans to go out the day of... We can't go out last minute like that. And for whatever activity we're doing that night, we have to add $30-$50 onto it to pay for the sitter-- sometimes it's just not worth it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStefB28:

We're the first in our group of friends to have kids and this is our 2nd. It's tough. We get a babysitter when we can, but often they make plans to go out the day of... We can't go out last minute like that. And for whatever activity we're doing that night, we have to add $30-$50 onto it to pay for the sitter-- sometimes it's just not worth it.

THIS FOR us too. I'm lucky to have my mom watch them most of the time but still I dont like to take advantage or stress over how they are with the sitter. So I guess we'll eventually find new friends or they'll come around.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    No, we are in the middle. I am 35 and DH 33, most friends our she have 1-3 year olds. I have a friend that is 41 with a 2 year old. I only have on friend that had a child in her 20's.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• We are right in the middle. The main group of friends that we hang out with consists of about 40 people (most of them couples). The ones that don't have kids will be trying soon so that will leave only about 8 of them without kids!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I'm the very first in my group of friends to have a baby. We're all in our early 20s, so one of us had to be first! LOL. They're very excited and supportive which is still a big help Smile

Graphics Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were the first of our friends to have a baby 10 years ago....now it seams as though we are one of the last of our friends to have our 4th child!!  Stick out tongue
  • We're pretty much the last, except for our friends who aren't married yet. I'm 33 and DH is 34. Most of my friends have between 2 and 5 kids already!! At least I have lots of people to turn to for advice :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCrimsonStar:
    "No DH, you can't go snowmobiling this weekend and leave me w/a newborn, don't think so!"

Why not?  Everyone deserves their own time.

Certainly not every weekend, but if it were me, I wouldn't complain about him going every once in a while.

Besides, the day will come when you want to get out of the house for an extended length of time, and it will be nice to have 'credits' built up to cash in with DH and make him be the one to stay at home.  ;)

• We are pulling up the rear!  Which is a good thing because EVERYBODY had boys, so we are getting lots of donated clothing.  And I've been given or allowed to borrow lots of maternity clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"