Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC Newbee

Just wanted to know if there's anyone here who is just relying on God's timing to conceive?  I'm not really into keeping track of my BBT(my hubby would think I had gone crazy if he rolled over and saw a thermometer in my mouth every morning).
Mrs.Monk

Re: TTC Newbee

• Nope. I prefer books, science, and proven research to guide my baby makin'. To each his own, though. GL to you! 

PS- I'm Catholic and the church fully supports NFP i.e. BBT and charting.  

4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• I do know some people who are doing things the way you want to. There's nothing wrong with it, but I know I would rather do everything in my power to help things along. Knowing your body isn't "crazy".

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
    Dx PCOS 2002...500mgs metformin
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageclosure17:

I do know some people who are doing things the way you want to. There's nothing wrong with it, but I know I would rather do everything in my power to help things along. Knowing your body isn't "crazy".

This. Hi closure <3<3<3

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• I definately didn't start out thinking I would be temping and buying OPKs but really after lurking here for a while I was convinced that it's better to know what is really going on than to THINK you know.

Also- my DH sleeps through my "sticking a thermometer in my mouth every morning" .  He actually asks "whats the verdict" each morning after he wakes up.  Smile

• No.  God was too busy working on Mocca's timing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemelissa721:
    imageclosure17:

I do know some people who are doing things the way you want to. There's nothing wrong with it, but I know I would rather do everything in my power to help things along. Knowing your body isn't "crazy".

This. Hi closure <3<3<3

Hey there!

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
    Dx PCOS 2002...500mgs metformin
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagethe struggle and hustle:
    No.  God was too busy working on Mocca's timing.

hahahaha.

I like your blog BTW.  Loved the "tattoo'd guy" entry.   Your son is very strong- great role model. 

• imageBuona Fortuna:

imagethe struggle and hustle:
    No.  God was too busy working on Mocca's timing.

hahahaha.

I like your blog BTW.  Loved the "tattoo'd guy" entry.   Your son is very strong- great role model. 

Aw - thanks!  That's so nice to hear! Embarrassed

• I am totally relying on God's timing to conceive.  We are in the same boat.
  • hs10hs10 member
    I spoke to a woman yesterday that has been leaving it in God's hands because she isn't into charting. She has been trying to conceive since April 2003. I would note that I am a Catholic. I sometimes wish I could sit back and it would happen, but I find temping and tracking cm so interesting. I just felt bad for her becaise that info came out while she was protecting me from 20 "don't you want a baby" questions from a collegue.
  • I'm new here, but have been lurking for several weeks. MH and I have decided to put it in God's hands for now while TTC.  I have the utmost respect for the amazing women on this board who temp/chart regularly.  But I have a severely addictive personality, and I fear I will become obsessed about the charting. Many people are able to do it easily, with no stress. But even when timing is "perfect" you still have such a small chance, that I need that reassurance that God is in control of it in the long run anyway.  I will probably change my mindset if a year goes by (highly likely). Good luck to you!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Hi and welcome! I'm charting my temps and using OPKs...but I'd still say I'm waiting on God's timing. If anything, learning more about the way my body works makes me more appreciative of the miracle of life. If a normal healthy couple has only a 20%(ish) chance of conceiving each month, I want to tip the odds in my favor.

My DH thought the temping was crazy too. He got over it. ;)

Good luck to you! 

• imageChicagoLola:

Hi and welcome! I'm charting my temps and using OPKs...but I'd still say I'm waiting on God's timing. If anything, learning more about the way my body works makes me more appreciative of the miracle of life. If a normal healthy couple has only a 20%(ish) chance of conceiving each month, I want to tip the odds in my favor.

My DH thought the temping was crazy too. He got over it. ;)

Good luck to you! 

What Lola said, I chart but it's still in His hands.
  • I think you and YH should watch The Great Sperm Race (on YouTube). No matter how much you do to improve the odds (charting, OPKs, etc), it's all in God's timing.

For DH and I we're trusting God that I'll get pregnant in His time, and don't see anything contrary by knowing what is going on with my body. DH loves the fact that I'm dedicated to this process enough to wake up every morning to temp, and he's willing to do whatever he needs to as well. 

ETA: Personally, I disagree with the implication that if you are keeping track of what's going on with your body (so that you know which 3-4 days in your cycle are even possible to get pregnant on) that you're not trusting God's timing. Faith doesn't mean that you have to be uninformed. I'm not saying that's what you meant OP, but it seems to be a common opinion among some people and it really rubs me the wrong way.

• MrsDizzyku, I just wanted to say I love your new siggy pic!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesheilatakesabow:
    MrsDizzyku, I just wanted to say I love your new siggy pic!  

Aww, thanks! 

• imagemonkbride08:
    Just wanted to know if there's anyone here who is just relying on God's timing to conceive?  I'm not really into keeping track of my BBT(my hubby would think I had gone crazy if he rolled over and saw a thermometer in my mouth every morning).

um....no.  what happens if god never gives you a baby - do you resort to science then?

BFP#1 1/24/12 ~ EDD 10/3/12 ~ Natural m/c 2/23/12 8w/3d. Hysteroscopy 4/20/12 - 2 fibroids removed
  • I believe it is all in gods hands and i think that pregnancy comes whenever its ment to be being now or a year from now! i had a tubal reversal 11 months ago and have not had any success yet but maybe the timing not right and i am faithful that it will happen. but i also don't see anything wrong with helping it along with diet, excercise and suplements. i'm taking juice plus and i have my husband taking the antioxidant portion of them also so along with prayer god will grant us our little bundle soon.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Nope.  If God doesn't want it to happen, it won't.  That's when we adopt.
    Mrs.Monk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"