Babies: 6 - 9 Months

8 month growth spurt?

is there such a thing?  DD's formula intake went up a ton the last day, and i'm wondering if we are in the middle of a growth spurt.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 8 month growth spurt?

• Not sure if there is one or not but I swear there is a 9 month growth spurt.  DD has gotten up 2 times in the last week in the middle of the night for a bottle and she is eating me out of house and home,not sure what I am going to do once she is a teenager if I can't keep up with her food demands now.  Plus she is cranky and wants to chew on metal objects.  Not sure why metal unless it is because it is cool and hard.  She is working on 2 or 3 molars now (not sure since she won't let me look in her mouth unless I use a crow bar (man this kid is strong)) so that could explain the chewing on metal objects but tonight I was cooking dinner (ok, I was unwrapping Subway in the kitchen) and she was too quiet so I peeked around the corner and she was chewing on the metal legs to her high chair.  I swear this kid is Sonny from the movie Lemony Snicket.

Back to your question about 8 month growth spurt, Gia did seem to up her formula and sleep a little more right at 8 months, right before she propelled herself into speed crawling.

Hope this helps.

image image
  • I totally think there is an 8 month growth spurt.  LO has been a bottle fiend the past few days.  It's like she cant get enough to eat!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're close to 8 months and I just asked DH this tonight!  DS usually only has 4-5oz a feeding and he was going nuts demanding more.  He's finally satisfied at 8oz! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"