Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I got called out, a poll

I was walking around an outdoor mall with DS, a friend and her H.  As we crossed the street(interior mall traffic) my friend's H looked at me and asked"is that how you always cross the street with him?"  At first I thought he was joking but he seriously said I should always cross backwards. 
[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I got called out, a poll

• I'm confused... how would crossing the street while walking backwards make it so you'd get hit first.  You cross the street sideways from the traffic, right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's more dangerous to be walking backwards across a street when you can't see where you're going.
  • Loading the player...
  • The only way you would be guranteed hit first was if you crossed standing next to the stroller on the side the car just happen to be coming from. Walking backwards across the street poses more dangers than walking across like a normal human being,
  • That's bizarre, I have never heard of doing that!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's what I tried to explain to him.  Apparently he believes that cars will only hit what is first entering the street or something.  As if I don't look for traffic and just barrel on across the road!  Silly guy.  They are TTC and he is going to have quite a few eye-openers I think as he enters parenthoodWink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • If I recall correctly, crosswalks cross the street, not go in the same direction as traffic in the same lane.  

Your friend's H is crazycakes, and he needs to come here and cross the street with the stroller so I can have a good laugh. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• This made me giggle.
  • Well, that's brand new information.

I'm curious what other parenting quirks this guy will have. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love it when people offer advice without actually thinking it through first. 
  • imageljtibbets:
    This made me giggle.

ditto!

• That is just absurd. I wonder if he came up with that idea all on his own?

• imagestarsmaycollide:
    That's bizarre, I have never heard of doing that!

I was thinking the exact same thing! I would have LMAO at him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Crossing the street backwards???  What? 
  • imageFtrMrsC:
    That's what I tried to explain to him.  Apparently he believes that cars will only hit what is first entering the street or something.  As if I don't look for traffic and just barrel on across the road!  Silly guy.  They are TTC and he is going to have quite a few eye-openers I think as he enters parenthoodWink

Uh yeah, we were all like "oh we would never do this" and um, now its like, "yeah I dont care, just do it."

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Okay, whoever voted yes needs to come explain yourself.
  • imageFtrMrsC:
    That's what I tried to explain to him.  Apparently he believes that cars will only hit what is first entering the street or something.  As if I don't look for traffic and just barrel on across the road!  Silly guy.  They are TTC and he is going to have quite a few eye-openers I think as he enters parenthoodWink

I was going to say, "This guy doesn't have kids, does he??"  Explains it.  Who the heck crosses the street backwards?  And where would he have ever gotten that idea?  

• If I'm crossing somewhere where I can't see traffic very well, I step in front of/beside the stroller to see if cars are coming. When it's clear I push the stroller in front of me, facing forward. 

It drives me crazy when I'm driving in the city and I see a stroller pop out from between parked cars, and can't see the parent. Of course they should be using the crosswalk and not crossing in the middle of a block. It's one thing to cross in an unsafe manner for yourself but it's not cool to push your kid into traffic. Although I highly doubt anyone here would actually put themselves and LO in the above situation.

• alicbalicb member

My husband works with traffic signals and does traffic control (closing roads, off ramps, lanes, etc.).  He always says he has seen everything and people are complete morons as both drivers and pedestrians.  I can't wait until he gets home to see if he has seen anyone walk backwards with a stroller.

I second the Crazycakes comment.  

Our first little one is getting big!
    Number two

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"