December 2011 Moms

Pretty happy to be done with the bar and party scene, anyone else?

I've been a good sport up until now, most of my friends don't have kids yet and some are still single even. I went to Vegas at 6 weeks pregnant with girlfriends and went to the Cape this past weekend with a different group of girls. Both times the main activity was hitting up bars/clubs. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind casual bars with a small band in the corner that serves food but these have been music pounding, crowded with sweaty drunken people grinding up on eachother places.

I didn't complain, I stayed out late and had as much fun as I could manage but I have decided I am offically done with that scene. It almost makes me even MORE excited to have a family and a baby where my main activities on vacation are mini golfing, hitting the beach and going out for ice cream. I feel really old now but I can't wait!

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pretty happy to be done with the bar and party scene, anyone else?

• Totally. My ex-BFF was completely wrapped up in going to the bars/clubs and she is almost 40 now (single, very picky and sort of a gold digger) which is why we parted ways a few years ago. She would always make comments about never getting married unless the "price was right" and not wanting kids since they ruin your body, cry and whine, cost $ and cause stress. Since dropping her I have gotten married and now we are preggo and couldn't be happier. I can't even imagine being friends with her right now, I knew this is what I always wanted and its such a rewarding, fun and amazing journey. 
  • I am content with a happy medium. Obvioulsy going out now is becoming a bit of a hassle though. I am going down the shore this weekend with my girlfriends and hitting up Atlantic City on Friday night and although I am looking forward to spending time with my college girlfriends at the beach, I definitely am not as excited as normally would be to go out in AC. Luckily, 1 of them has a 1year old and I am not the only "old married pg" one:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm almost 32.  I've been done with that scene since I was 25.  Don't get me wrong, I still like to have drinks(obviously not now..lol) and hang out with friends.  We just don't go to any clubs or the bars with the just turned 21 crowd.  My favorite bar is mostly filled with the over 30 crowd.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I may sound like a dork, but DH and I were never into that scene.  (I think Vegas is a mutual nightmare DH and I share).  Nor were our friends.  We've always been into quiet gatherings and game-nights, with the occasional trips to the local wineries.  A good book by the fireplace and a low-key walk in the woods is what we love.  I think we'll transition to parenthood pretty well.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDiademChi:
    I may sound like a dork, but DH and I were never into that scene.  (I think Vegas is a mutual nightmare DH and I share).  Nor were our friends.  We've always been into quiet gatherings and game-nights, with the occasional trips to the local wineries.  A good book by the fireplace and a low-key walk in the woods is what we love.  I think we'll transition to parenthood pretty well.

Haha that made me laugh. I think you guys will do great!

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDiademChi:
    I may sound like a dork, but DH and I were never into that scene.  (I think Vegas is a mutual nightmare DH and I share).  Nor were our friends.  We've always been into quiet gatherings and game-nights, with the occasional trips to the local wineries.  A good book by the fireplace and a low-key walk in the woods is what we love.  I think we'll transition to parenthood pretty well.

you are not alone! We were never into that scene either. We're 24 and have never really fit in well with some of our friends because of it. I enjoy going out to dinner and having a few drinks here and there.....but every weekend going to the bars? It has never interested me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never got into the bar thing, happy I don't have to make up excusses to not go anymore = ) 
  • I've never been a club person.  I don't mind going to bars or a dance hall and hearing some good old country music, but I've never been a club kind of girl.  I'm actually pretty over vegas too.  We've been there 4 or 5 times now and it's kind of getting old. 
  • Im 22 and I have never been into the club scene. It grosses me out, random guys trying to pick up on drunk girls or they just come up and start dancing on you. Makes me sick thinking about it. I would much rather get my drink on in the privacy of my own home. I was always more of a kicking back with friends and having a few (sometimes too many) drinks. Now that I'm preggo, I dont miss the partying or staying out late, I'm going to be a mom I got more important things to worry about. Most of the girls that I know, are single w/no kids or dont care that they have kids and go out anyways.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kmn3kmn3 member

I just came to that realization this weekend as well.  Before I kind of missed the crazy let's get blacked out drunk and sleep the next day type of nights.  Just this weekend we had a family party and everyone (except for me) woke up hungover and miserable.  That night and the next morning I said "man, I don't miss those days at all".

I will have a few drinks with dinner and go to casual bars, but my crazy days are over and I couldn't be happier!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also so happy be done with the bar scene. It has slowly stopped being fun for me since i got married. I am HAPPY to find family outings for ice cream and put put to be in my future plans. But a little sad that so many of my friends still do the bar scene and the singles scene and i will lose a lot of them. I sorta feel some drifting already. It's sad, but i am focusing on the happy and exciting future i have ahead of me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 30 and that scene has been gradually fading from our lives anyway. I think it was just that natural evolution that made us want to decide to have kids now. I don't crave to go out and party at all anymore like i did when i was 23. We still like to go out and have a good time occasionally but def. not as often as we used to. I usually prefer to just have a couple glasses of wine at home or w/ friends. I do miss that a little. (the wine that is)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"