Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: Rec your vehicle (with room for LO!)

My DH & I thought my car was roomy, until we had our LO in April! Our car has a drop down arm rest/cup holder that comes out of the middle seat in the back, so we have to put DS's car seat on one of the sides of the car...and this leaves VERY little room for someone to sit in the seat in front of him. We are looking into getting something with more space, like an SUV or (possibly) a minivan. But, with a not quite 3 mo. old baby, we don't want to spend weeks searching all of the dealerships in the area checking every possible SUV/minivan to see which ones really do have more room (because some seem like they wouldn't solve the problems we're having) so we were hoping to narrow it down to several styles we would like to look into before heading to dealerships. We also do plan to have 1-2 more LOs eventually, so that is part of our consideration, too. Anyone have a vehicle that they love & that has plenty of space for LO & all of his things to recommend? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Rec your vehicle (with room for LO!)

• Options
    I have a 2006 Ford Explorer and love it. We drive down to NC a couple times a year and take our huge 80lb dog with us as well and have no problem with space. For day to day use there def is more then enough room with the 2 car seats in the back. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL.

I have a three year old, two year old, and 4 month old (all in carseats) in the backseat of a 4 door Honda Civic.  To me there is plenty of room.

I refuse to give up the gas mileage until it's absolutely necessary.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Jeep Cherokee and a Jeep Liberty. Both seem to be fine for us, but I'm also not a fan of giant cars or mini vans either.
  • Options
    image+adamwife+:

LOL.

I have a three year old, two year old, and 4 month old (all in carseats) in the backseat of a 4 door Honda Civic.  To me there is plenty of room.

Whoa, really? I have one too, and I guess newer ones must be bigger or something. There is no way we could get 3 car seats in the back. 

OP-we are about to get a new vehicle. We are leaning heavily towards the Ford Edge. It'll work for us because we are not having more than one more child and it'll be great on trips. It's very roomy.  But if you think you'll have 3 and want something bigger, you may want to look at ones with a third row. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have a 2010 Pilot and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

- has plenty of room for car seats (can hold up to 4 of them)

- has lots of storage space. My favorite feature is the storage bin in the back/trunk area. I keep spare diapers/wipes/mini trash bags back there for diaper changes 

- the trunk area is big enough that i can fit the double stroller and still sit a passenger back there, or fold down the seat for diaper changes.

- both rows of seats fold down flat, or they have the 60/40 fold.

there are many more features that I love, but I have to run - A just woke up :) 

• Options

I really love our new Dodge journey. We had a Dodge ram but the gas mileage was horrible so we went and got the Journey. It seats 7 comfortably. The front seat still fits me with a rear facing car seat behind me (and I'm 5'9") And there are tons of family friendly features in it. Our next vechicle when my Toyota camry dies is most likely going to be a Dodge Caravan becuase we plan on having at least one more and I don't think my 02 Camry will be able to fit them all...

Oh and Journey has awesome gas mileage (66 dollars to fill up a tank that lasts a week of commuting) (I'm canadian so I only it as 9l/100lkm)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're in LOVE with our new Ford Escape. It has tons of cool features like back up camera, Sync for hands free phone and ipod, tons of storage space, and can also tow our boat. I love it because it's not TOO big and I can still zip around and fit in smaller parking space. 
  • Options
    We bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey in anticipation of the little one.  I have been very happy with it.  It is roomy and comfortable.  It was updated from 2010 to the 2011 and one of the changes was an increase in gas mileage :) It does pretty well for a car of its size. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    Honda CRV. Not too big, not too small. I absolutely love mine (I have a 2006) and will be getting another CRV in a few years when it's time to trade this one in.
  • Options
    I have a Toyota 4Runner Limited.  We absolutely love it!  We only plan on having 2 kids though.  If you are thinking of 3, definitely look into something with a 3rd row or a minivan. 
  • Options
    We have a Subaru Outback & I love it for driving around w/ LO.  Tons of room in the backseat for the carseat & to comfortably nurse her (when we're parked of course!).  The hatchback makes it so much easier to load up her stroller & other baby junk, plus the large trunk makes it easy to lay her down for a diaper change.  We also live near mountains so we take it on tons of hikes & off-roading, and usually manage to get about 30 mpg per tank.  
  • Options
    We love our 2007 Nissan Murano SL., but may need to get something a little bigger like a Pilot in the future. 
  • Options

we have a 15 y/o (who is 6 feet tall and needs LOTS of leg room!) , a 2 y/o in a car seat, and a 6 m/o in an infant seat and we LOVE our 2005 odyssey! it seats 8, but we took out the middle seat in the 2nd row so that my toddler can walk to the back row by himself...it has an 'under floor' bin (between the front seats and middle row) that holds wipes, toys and diapers etc...the boot is HUGE and we can fit both a double stroller (ezywalker duo) AND the single stroller (bugaboo chameleon) in at the same time- depending on how you configure the last row of seats! (we currently are just using the single seat back there...not all three) ...

oh and as for gas milage- with the high gas prices at the moment i fill from 'empty' to 'full' with 'premium' every 2 weeks for around $60-$65 dollars...its great!

leahbub
  • Options
    image+adamwife+:

LOL.

What convertible carseats do you use for RF? I am having hell finding a carseat that will fit my little car and still have enough room for the front passenger. There is 1 I have found!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options

imageveggiegirl528:
    We have a Subaru Outback & I love it for driving around w/ LO.  Tons of room in the backseat for the carseat & to comfortably nurse her (when we're parked of course!).  The hatchback makes it so much easier to load up her stroller & other baby junk, plus the large trunk makes it easy to lay her down for a diaper change.  We also live near mountains so we take it on tons of hikes & off-roading, and usually manage to get about 30 mpg per tank.  

This. We also have a subaru outback. Good amount of storage space for us and LO, but I must say that with her rear facing car seat, it takes away most of the leg room in the front seat. I am 5'7'' and I still fit in there, but just barely. It probably would not be enough room for me though if we had more than 1 or 2 kids. I would go with third row.

• Options
    RHitchRHitch member
    We have a 2008 Lincoln MKX and I love it.  My 3 year old DD is in a car seat behind drive, the baby (5.5 months old) is behind the passenger seat and my 10 year old SD usually sits in the middle seat in the back.  We still have more than enough room for us in the front (DH is 6'3" and I am 5'7").  We also have a 2007 Toyota Camry and that is roomy also. 

• Options
    imagecthrasher86:
    image+adamwife+:

LOL.

What convertible carseats do you use for RF? I am having hell finding a carseat that will fit my little car and still have enough room for the front passenger. There is 1 I have found!!!!

Radians.  Three in a row (outer two RF and middle FF).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"