Parenting

Evenflo Tribute 5 Height Limit?

Anyone know if there is a stated height limit for this seat forward facing?  My IL bought it 3 years ago for my son to use while visiting them in Indiana.  My husband and Sam are headed out there on Thursday and I'm concerned he might be too tall for the seat now.  I can't find the instructions online b/c I don't have the model number and I can't get my IL on the phone today.

I guess I can take him to TRU and try to see if he fits the seat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Evenflo Tribute 5 Height Limit?

• I just looked it up--it has a seated harness height of 14.75 inches. So, sit your son down and measure from the floor to the top of the shoulder. Unless he's super short, there's no way he's going to fit in it at 4 years old.
  • Thanks!  I found an instruction manual on Car-seat.org and it says the height limit is 40 in and the top of the ears are below the shell.

So Sam is 37 lbs and 40 1/4 in according to his check up last month.  I guess they have to lug the Marathon with them, or we have to ship something else (cheap!)  from Amazon.  He is definitely not ready to use a belt positioning booster, which is the other option they have already because of his older cousins.

• Loading the player...
  • The evenflo maestro is $80 if you want to ship something. It's going to be the cheapest seat that will fit him. How much will he ride in the seat out there? If it will just be a few times and he can sit still during the ride, there's nothing wrong with using a belt positioning booster that's approved for under 40 lbs and has adequate side impact protection (and would fit him correctly in the belt).

• I just ordered the Maestro.  Seems like it should work for him for a while, and we have another younger niece who will use it too, I'm sure.  

They have an hours drive to and from the airport in Indie and probably a few other 30 plus minute trips while they are there.  

I wouldn't trust him to sit still that long, he is a total wiggle worm.  And he's convinced right now that his 5 point harness is awesome and makes him safer than his cousins in their BPB seats, so I don't want to mess with that paradigm!  (I have no idea where he go that his seat is safer, when he says it I make sure to tell him that his is safer for HIM, and his cousins' seats  are perfectly safe for them.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"