Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When did you transition to crib in their own bedroom?

How old was your LO when you transitioned him/her into her own bedroom?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you transition to crib in their own bedroom?

• About a week old. But I slept in LO's room while I was on ML so DH could actually sleep through the night. When I went back to work (11 weeks) I went back in our bedroom and DD stayed in hers.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 5 months. Best. Decision. Ever. He went from waking up every 1-2 hours to only 2-3x in the matter of two nights. On Friday night he slept a 6 hour stretch and last night he slept from 10:30-8:00!!! I was almost tempted to call the pedi to make sure he was okay! Haha it could be a total fluke, but I never thought he would do that at such a young age :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Around 8 weeks.His room is right next to ours, so I felt pretty comfortable with it. I am a light sleeper and always woke up easily when he would wake. I honestly expected to want him to stay in the PNP in our room longer, but I'm glad I was ready early.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 2 weeks. I had a c-section and it hurt to bend over the crib to get her until then.

• DS was 6 weeks, and DD 10 weeks because the kids share a room so we had to wait until DD was sleeping better.
  • haven't done it yet.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • From day 1, although I slept in there for the first 2-3 months. We transitioned from the RnP to the Crib around 4 1/2 months when she started rolling over.  That took a few days.
  • We haven't done it yet. I EBF and feel like it's so much easier reaching over to grab him out of the crib then to get my azz out of bed, walk down the stairs, across the hall, back to my bedroom and back to his. Plus, the nursery isn't painted yet. (we moved when he was 3 days old.) Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just started putting her in her bedroom at 3 months. Sometimes she only sleeps half a night in there because I'm too tired to walk her back to her bedroom after BF'ing her.
  • 11 weeks. Earlier than I had planned, but she rolled from back to belly and I didn't feel safe with her in the bassinet anymore. I was debating when to move her, but that made the decision for me. She didn't notice any difference and slept fine!
  • We did it just this past Wednesday, so just a few days shy of 5 months. She had been sleeping in bed with us since birth & I thought it was going to be a huge fight trying to get her to sleep in the crib by herself. Not so. She sleeps from 8pm to 4:30am, wakes up for a bottle, then goes back to sleep until 6 or 7. I delayed moving her to the crib in her room because I was worried about how she would handle the transition, but I honestly should have done it sooner. She took to it with no problems (like zero problems; absolutely no crying!), sleeps better than she ever did in bed with us, and she seems to wake up a much happier baby.

I had a much harder time with it than she did. It took me a few days to get used to not having her right there with me, but I finally got some good sleep myself last night, so it really was the right decision. Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Four weeks, which was earlier than I had wanted. She slept so much better in her crib, so she kind of made the decision for us.

The Angel Care monitor helped keep me out of her room and somewhat calm.

• Around 8 weeks. She's done great.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We put Lucian in the crib starting last week. He's been in the PNP in our room since around 4 months, and before that was sleeping in a cradle. He STTN, which is what I wanted to wait for before putting him in the crib (which is in his room). 
  • 4 weeks old
  • We plan to cosleep until LO is ready for his own room (probably not until he's weaned, perhaps somewhere around age 2) or there is a genuine need for him to be in his own room (no one is sleeping, etc.).
  • Right away.  We placed a twin bed in his nursery.  Best decision ever. 

• 9 weeks.
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Around 3 months, but I still bring him into my bed when he wakes up around 5 am to eat...
  • Wow, what a huge variation in responses!  I guess it is a really personal thing!  I am just afraid DS won't sleep if we try to put him in his crib.  His crib seems too bare and not as cozy as his playyard where is sleeps now (in our room).  But....on the flipside, maybe he will sleep better...who knows, I guess we should just try it.  
  • At about six weeks. He was outgrowing the newborn napper on the PNP very quickly so it was time. He has no problems in his crib as long as he is swaddled,
  • ekc29ekc29 member
    Where does your LO nap?  Try starting out w naps in the crib and then once that is going well, start doing the crib for bedtime.  We are at all naps in the crib and the first portion of the night in her crib.  When she wakes to eat around 4, I usually bring her into bed w me.  
  • DD has been in her crib from day one. However, the crib was in our room until she was 12 weeks. She was only waking up once a night at that point, when she went into her room she was sleeping through the night the next week. I honestly don't know if that was just because she was ready to, or if its because she slept better in a more quiet room.
  • I waited until they both slept through the night consistently for a week.  With that being said, they were both moved to their own room at 7 weeks old.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• She started sleeping in her room at week 5- the week before I went back to work. Since we have a 3 year old that gets up every few hours to go to the restroom and gets frequent bloody noses, we didn't want her in the room after I left for work at 6 am and her daddy was alone with the two of them. Best decision ever. She went from waking up every few hours to sleeping almost through the night. She also usually naps in there- or in her swing when she's especially cranky and I can't calm her- but she generally sleeps better in her room without all the noises.

My brother and his wife didn't move their daughter to her crib until she was almost 1 and it was a difficult adjustment for the baby. They co-slept and no one slept well because movement woke up the baby. However, whatever decision you make is right for you and your situation.

• imageekc29:
    Where does your LO nap?  Try starting out w naps in the crib and then once that is going well, start doing the crib for bedtime.  We are at all naps in the crib and the first portion of the night in her crib.  When she wakes to eat around 4, I usually bring her into bed w me.  

My LO naps in our bed (usually with me) during the day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"