Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Is it OK for 3 month old to go in pool?

We are going to a cookout today & I was hoping to bring LO in the pool today.  Does anyone know of any reasons why this is not OK?

TIA

Re: Is it OK for 3 month old to go in pool?

• We had both ds and dd in pools by the time they where 6 weeks old. Just make sure to bath them real well after wards to get the cholorine off. hth
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't have an issue with the pool itself, I would be more concerned with keeping LO out in the sun for too long, but that is just me. I would enjoy yourself, bring her in the pool for a bit but just keep the sun to a minimum.
  • Loading the player...
  • We put DD in the pool for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't keep her in the sun too long, but I want her to like the water so I think it's essential.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGrahamSchneider:
    I wouldn't have an issue with the pool itself, I would be more concerned with keeping LO out in the sun for too long, but that is just me. I would enjoy yourself, bring her in the pool for a bit but just keep the sun to a minimum.

This, exactly.  

imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • My dr said yes, just for a short bit, and watch for indications that she doesn't like it and that she is too cold, in that case take her out of it.  My doctor was super condescending when I asked, as if the answer was common sense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We took DS to the pool for the first time a couple days ago. I just tried to wait til later in the day when the sun wasn't out as much. He really enjoyed it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My SIL told me there's a correlation between chlorine exposure too young and asthma... I haven't looked into it yet but might be worth checking out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went swimming yesterday.  We were out for 30 min, had her slathered in SPF 50 Aveeno Baby Sunblock, and she kept her hat on the entire time.  She enjoyed herself, we all had fun, and she lived to tell the tale.  We will probably take her again next weekend.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I took my 3 month old in the pool about a month ago and she loved it! Only issue was the sun- so I stood under the lifeguard's umbrella. I got a baby float with a cover, but haven't used it yet. The chlorine actually seemed to help her skin- she has very sensitive skin that rashes with almost every non-baby detergent(from other people's clothes), and soaking in the water really cleared up her skin. The doctor said no to sunscreen until 6 months because of the chemicals, so fnd some shade!
  • yeah i think it's perfectly fine! our LO is taking baby swimming lessons (but they just teach the LO's how to float) and E loves the pool! We have earplugs for her, and so far (this is our 2nd month) we haven't had any issues with ear infections or anything. E is starting to get ballsy though, she tries to wiggle out of my arms!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"