Cloth Diapering

NIP TTs FS

Re: NIP TTs FS

• Ok, that pinched a little but I grabbed Little Sister. I left Afternoon Outing for someone else...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ::kicks stupid wagon::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKamMitchy:
    ::kicks stupid wagon::

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How much was in good company when it retailed?
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lcmm17lcmm17 member
    In Good Company was $33 when it retailed.
  • imagelcmm17:

Yup, and Little Sister was only $32 

• imageKimmy1836:

imagelcmm17:

Hm... 

• imageKamMitchy:
    imageKimmy1836:

imagelcmm17:

Hm... 

They were a little too pricey for me.  Is that mark up normal for TTs on the B/S/T market?

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageYellow_Daisy:
    imageKamMitchy:
    imageKimmy1836:

imagelcmm17:

Hm... 

They were a little too pricey for me.  Is that mark up normal for TTs on the B/S/T market?

Nope. This is the first time I've seen them priced higher than retail. :-( 

I think it's kind of a bummer to make money off them when they are SO hard to stalk and so many mamas want them. I totally get not wanting to take a loss...

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageYellow_Daisy:
    imageKamMitchy:
    imageKimmy1836:

imagelcmm17:

Hm... 

idk.  Haven't seen many TT NIPs on Spots but for a regret sell, more than $10 over what she paid is a little steep, IMHO.   

• Oooh missed little sister but not sure I would have paid that much for it.  I bought a NIP from another mama for $39.50 last week.  Tongue Tied
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejenny1980:
    imageYellow_Daisy:
    imageKamMitchy:
    imageKimmy1836:

imagelcmm17:

Hm... 

Nope. This is the first time I've seen them priced higher than retail. :-( 

I think it's kind of a bummer to make money off them when they are SO hard to stalk and so many mamas want them. I totally get not wanting to take a loss...

This.  Can we PLEASE not have TT turn into a GM? 

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Hmmm...I'm trying not to get my knickers in a twist. 

I assure you I'm not trying to turn TT into GM, though I recall another bumpie being congratulated on her WAY over retail auction of a GM when they were much harder to get.  I don't want to get into some big thing where no one responds to my posts and get blacklisted from the board.  But, for the line to be, "After you buy a diaper you can do with it whatever you want," for some people and not others is a double standard.

We got some crappy $$ news and I thought better of keeping the TTs. If $8 after fees bothers you, pm an offer and I'll settle it with the pp. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejbergs:

Hmmm...I'm trying not to get my knickers in a twist. 

I assure you I'm not trying to turn TT into GM, though I recall another bumpie being congratulated on her WAY over retail auction of a GM when they were much harder to get.  I don't want to get into some big thing where no one responds to my posts and get blacklisted from the board.  But, for the line to be, "After you buy a diaper you can do with it whatever you want," for some people and not others is a double standard.

We got some crappy $$ news and I thought better of keeping the TTs. If $8 after fees bothers you, pm an offer and I'll settle it with the pp. 

I don't think it's a huge deal and certainly don't think you're going to be blacklisted lol. It is indeed your diaper to do with as you choose.

I have to be honest, though, and say that one of the things I have enjoyed about the TT "culture" is that there isn't scalping of diapers. There are mamas who literally try every single week to score one and it would just bum me out if it becomes something that people take advantage of (not saying that this is what you're trying to do).

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejenny1980:
    imagejbergs:

I don't think it's a huge deal and certainly don't think you're going to be blacklisted lol. It is indeed your diaper to do with as you choose.

I have to be honest, though, and say that one of the things I have enjoyed about the TT "culture" is that there isn't scalping of diapers. There are mamas who literally try every single week to score one and it would just bum me out if it becomes something that people take advantage of (not saying that this is what you're trying to do).

This (I agree w/ J a lot today ;-)

Bergs, I wasn't saying that you were single-handedly 

The Bee Hive Blog

• imagejenny1980:
    imagejbergs:

I assure you I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone & I have no more NIPs.  So, if no one buys it I'll keep it, or trade it.  

I try to stay out of the drama (here and elsewhere) and certainly didn't intend to start any.  I've sold lots of diapers, again here and elsewhere, then seen them listed for more than what I sold them for & don't say a peep.  I just figure it's not my business why they price things how they do b/c someone will either buy it or they won't.  ::shrugs::

• imagejenny1980:
    imagejbergs:

Bergs, I wasn't saying (and apologize for it sounding that way) that you were single-handedly  trying to start a TT scalping trend.  =-) I just would be disappointed if it became a trend, regardless of  who "started it", KWIM? It would just be nice if TT could continue to not be a drama diaper.

The Bee Hive Blog

• So yeah, it kind of stinks that I tried for Little Sister last week, and now I'm paying extra for it from the person who bought it. But the bottom line that for diapers, like anything else in an open marketplace, the value is what someone is willing to pay. It's so hard to get these diapers and only have 2 and one OTW. But I agree that it would be nice if people don't buy TTs for the sole purpose of reselling them, which I don't think jbergs did.
  • imageMrs.B6302007:
    imagejenny1980:
    imagejbergs:

Bergs, I wasn't saying (and apologize for it sounding that way) that you were single-handedly  trying to start a TT scalping trend.  =-) I just would be disappointed if it became a trend, regardless of  who "started it", KWIM? It would just be nice if TT could continue to not be a drama diaper.

I totally see what you're saying & I can assure you I'm not going to engage in any more drama regarding TT :)

• you can sell your diapers for whatever you want to sell them for. period. end of story. you shouldnt have to be worried about being called out or reprimanded for doing so either.  i think it was nice to announce your listings here. you didnt have to do that. the responses to this post are totally unnecessary.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageMWoodside:
    you can sell your diapers for whatever you want to sell them for. period. end of story. you shouldnt have to be worried about being called out or reprimanded for doing so either.  i think it was nice to announce your listings here. you didnt have to do that. the responses to this post are totally unnecessary.

I don't do much posting on here but i had to with this one because I agree with this 100%.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMWoodside:
    you can sell your diapers for whatever you want to sell them for. period. end of story. you shouldnt have to be worried about being called out or reprimanded for doing so either.  i think it was nice to announce your listings here. you didnt have to do that. the responses to this post are totally unnecessary.
    I have to agree. I don't think she bought them to make money off of them (nor do I get the impression anyone else does), and that would be the only thing I would give the side eye to. Since that isn't the case, I don't think this should be an issue.
  • imageLadyExtravaganza:
    imageMWoodside:
    I have to agree. I don't think she bought them to make money off of them (nor do I get the impression anyone else does), and that would be the only thing I would give the side eye to. Since that isn't the case, I don't think this should be an issue.

I was out running errands most of the day and saw the responses to this post but couldn't respond on my Droid.  I totally agree with MWoodside and LadyExtravaganza.  There are a TON of ladies on this board who have sold dipes for above retail and or held auctions for their dipes.   But now they want to judge because you're making an extra $8 per dipe.  Really?  Beyond that, this whole "I don't want TTs to become like GMs" byline is stupid.  As long as demand for an item outstrips supply there will always be a secondary market where those goods can be sold above retail. C'est la vie.

/rant

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageyodasmistress:

imageLadyExtravaganza:
    imageMWoodside:

I was out running errands most of the day and saw the responses to this post but couldn't respond on my Droid.  I totally agree with MWoodside and LadyExtravaganza.  There are a TON of ladies on this board who have sold dipes for above retail and or held auctions for their dipes.   But now they want to judge because you're making an extra $8 per dipe.  Really?  Beyond that, this whole "I don't want TTs to become like GMs" byline is stupid.  As long as demand for an item outstrips supply there will always be a secondary market where those goods can be sold above retail. C'est la vie.

/rant

Yep, I agree with the goods/selling; that's just the way it is. And I agree that once you buy diapers, they're use to do with as you please. My comment was more about the drama associated with GM.  Of course, most of GM drama has to do with some of the "interesting" mamas, the customer service and business practices, but where there is money exchanging hands between sellers and buyers, there can be drama. I really like that TT is drama-free as far as customer service and reputation overall.  Gretchen seems to be really good people and I would hate to see things get crazy, KWIM?     That's what I meant about not wanting TT to be another GM - the drama side.

The Bee Hive Blog

• imageyodasmistress:

imageLadyExtravaganza:
    imageMWoodside:

/rant

ALL of this.

• imageyodasmistress:

imageLadyExtravaganza:
    imageMWoodside:

/rant

This exactly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"