2nd Trimester
Options

Opinion Please!!!

Ok so we are having our Anatomy scan on the 13th and as long as all goes well we are planning on announcing the gender to DH's side at the family reunion on the 22nd.  I had saw this balloon idea but wanted to get some opinions before we completely decide to do this.

We are planning on getting some yellow balloons and in each balloon we will put a piece of paper in them saying something to the effect of " Boy/Girl? Keep popping!" or something clever.  But in one of the balloons we will put a piece of paper that says the gender; ie- a girl would be " Sugar Spice and Everything nice that is what our SWEET GIRL is made of!" and if it's a boy "Frogs Snails and Puppy dog tails that is what our BOY is made of!" 

This this a cute idea or to over thought? We are announcing it at a reunion so we wanted something everyone could be involved with, DH's SIL just announced her gender by the cake idea so we don't want to announce that way. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinion Please!!!

• Options
    I love it!  I would say that whoever gets the revealing balloon wins a prize :)
  • Options
    Love it!  And love the prize idea from alieb82!
    Love is a gift, not to be denied. IAmPregnant Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Its cute.

Its not my style and very involved for my tastes (I tend to like simple things though), but its creative, so I like it. Have fun and do what feels right for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cute idea! Definitly go with a prize like PP said!
  • Options

What happens when the first person to pop a balloon gets the one that says "boy/girl"...  Or that one pops on the way there or floats away...   But the real concerns - if there are a lot of young kids around you don't really want to be popping balloons...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you going to have everyone pull numbers to pop or will it be a free for all? Will it be helium balloons or just a bunch in a net that you release?Will it be in a room or outside?

I also like the prize idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    I lvoe the idea and the PP about a prize... you can have everyone pop at the same time... I don't know but it sounds like big fun!!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Very cute idea ... I like it :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awe, LOVE it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FUN!  i want to play!  LOL!  and get a prize for sure! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"