Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Ummm...wow.

Has anyone seen these:

I just saw a siggy pic in a post on another board with this on the kids carseat. I looked at her tickers and siggy, her LO doesn't seem to be preemie or have immune issues or anything.

So what do you guys think?

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ummm...wow.

• It would almost make me want to touch baby MORE than before.

ETA: I do have self control and don't touch other people's children.  LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like to have for H's family functions... not that my H's family is especially germy, but I don't like them and don't want them to infect my kids with their gross attitudes. I would like two- one for the baby and one for the toddler. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it is a bit overboard, but some people do not have the will not to touch a baby! It creeps me out!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I would use it, especially during the winter.  I do have preemies though and for some reason people can't keep their hands off of twins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenoxie52:
    I think it is a bit overboard, but some people do not have the will not to touch a baby! It creeps me out!

This. However it does irk me when I am wearing DD on my back and random people come up to her and start touching her...especially when I can't see these people (contrary to what I thought, mom's DON'T have eyes in the back of their heads. At least I don't yet). It super-irks me when they touch her hands- since they are in her mouth every .5 seconds.

image image
  • i have these and love it. my babies were 4 lbs at birth and people love to manhandle them.
  • Next baby is getting one of those and a onesie that says if you didnt makme please dont touch me! I am still sick of strangers that come up to us and first thing they do is touch my baby. They have done this sense the first time we took Jay into public 1 month old! They think it is ok to grab his hand, foot or the toy that he puts in his mouth. It really is not ok to touch strangers babys! Rant over!

I wouldnt actually use this, but I really do wanna get the onesie!

• Totally useful for going out in public and for family members that are smokers. its a good reminder to wash ur hands. i had people come up to my baby and touch his hands in walmart! yuck.
  • I wouldn't use one because I don't think it would actually work. I actually had to grab a kids hands after asking him 5 or 6 times to stop touching the baby. I kept looking around for a parent to help and nobody looked concerned about him AT ALL. Anyways not my point. 

I can see it slowing people down if the baby was a preemie, sick, or had an immune disorder. If it stops 1 person I guess it works.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Je*lastname*. Started a new account because I couldn't get my SN changed to something less personal.
  • I don't see the big deal. If she doesn't want people touching her kid that's her business. Why does the kid have to be sick for her to prevent strangers from touching it with their dirty hands?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageHeifergal:
    I don't see the big deal. If she doesn't want people touching her kid that's her business. Why does the kid have to be sick for her to prevent strangers from touching it with their dirty hands?

It's just that moms of children with health issues need to be more careful, so I think this would be more necessary for those LOs.

• I don't think it's a bad way. It's a polite way of saying "Please don't touch my effin kid you weirdo!". I'm sure it might offend some people but who cares as long as they aren't touching your kid?
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've never had this problem but I read on here about a lot of moms who run into strangers who try to touch their baby.  I dont' need a sign, though.  If someone tries to touch my kids, I have no problem speaking up and directly asking them not to touch.
  • Why is there a paw print on it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAubBun:
    Why is there a paw print on it?

What it's really saying is dog germs are too big for baby

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member

I'd use it. My twins weren't preemies but they were still born in RSV season and people freak out when they see twins. I've had to ask so many total strangers to please don't touch my children. 

I think the paw print is saying "keep your grubby paws off the baby, weird old lady"

• We used one similar when DD was born and it was still RSV season...

It was in the shape of a stop sign and said "please wash your hands before touching mine".  A bit overboard, yeah, but it gives a condition under which you can touch the kid, just a reminder not to if you're germy?

Part of it also would depend on circumstances... there was a post on here a couple weeks ago where someone was saying that people in church kept pawing at her baby (and upsetting him/her) throughout the entire mass.

• I hate people touching David, and they do it before I can get the words out ofmy mouth. I have to be quicker on the draw. I think it's useful BUT people don't read, so maybe not.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I wish I would've had these for my boys. I agree with other twin moms, something about two babies brings out the touchy feely fools.   I think the look on my face kept most people away, though.
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"