Baby Names

Which do you like?

Still searching and not set on this, but this is what we both like so far.. 

Girl:

Kayden  -- (always always been my favorite since I taught a little girl with this name years ago before it was popular.. but it's so common now and I don't want to be trendy but I still LOVE it..

Cameron

Brielle 

Jocelyn

Boy: 

Brody

Rylan

Blake

Suggestions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which do you like?

• Kayden is ridiculously trendy and a boy's name at that. What about Kaydence if you must?

Cameron is also a boy's name to me although I know it's for girls.

Brielle gets a bad rap on here, but IRL I don't mind it at all. NMS but it's a solid name.

Jocelyn I do like.

Brody is a puppy name to me

Rylan is actually cute to me. Like it. But that's becuase I know and old man named Ryland so that sways my vote.

Blake is one of my all time favorite baby names.

• imagemj.reilly:

Honestly, I strongly dislike all of them.

If I had to choose: Jocelyn & Blake

This.

I have plenty to say about Kayden for a girl, but I suspect others will as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Um. ..  they are not really my style either, but if I had to pick I'd go with

Cameron
    & Blake
  • Dislike Kayden. Out of your girls names I like Jocelyn, but I don't like any of your boys names they are just nms. How about Grady or Brady for a boy ?

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • imagevanceandlori:
    Um. ..  they are not really my style either, but if I had to pick I'd go with

Cameron
    & Blake

This.

I loathe Rylan. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mama31mama31 member
    The only name I like is Blake and Cameron only for a boy though.  Strongly dislike Kayden and Rylan.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Jocelyn and Blake are the only ones I like.
  • MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    Jocelyn & Brody are two favorites of fine.. I love Blake too!
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Kayden - I'd put this in the middle name spot if I were to use it at all. -Aden names are seriously trendy and are being abused left and right by people who think spelling is something reserved for spell check. You're up against the trendy letter K, the aden suffix, the unnecessary letter Y and the fact that it's a boys name.

Cameron - a boys name turned unisex that means crooked nose. Highly overused and trendy in my area since the 90s. I will say that it's spelled properly.

Brielle - I prefer the whole name, Gabrielle, but it's okay. BRI names are hot right now, but I see two wonderful things about it: 1) It's easy and obvious to spell and 2) it's obviously feminine. My second favorite on your girl list.

Jocelyn - one of the few J names I like, and on your list, my number one favorite. Fairly obvious to spell, easy to say, obviously feminine and has an elegance to it, despite the popular LYN suffix.

So for girls: Brielle Kayden or Jocelyn Kayden

Brody - Makes me think of Kevin Smith movies, doing brodies in the parking lot, the word, 'grody' and trying to be an overly masculine form of Brady. And it means 'ditch'.

Rylan - not bad, but I prefer Ryan more. Much better than Brody

Blake - I guess this would tie for first with Rylan. It's obviously masculine and easy to spell, just not my particular style.

HTH!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I like Brielle and Rylan.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I do not like Kayden for a girl, plus it is way to popular for me right now. Out of the options I like Brielle & Brody best! GL!
  • None are really my style, but Blake is nice.
  • I like Brielle, Jocelyn, and Blake.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not a fan of Brielle, but I like Jocelyn. I am kinda torn between Brody or Blake, but lean toward Blake.
  • Rylan is awful and made up.
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member

I need to put in one more vote against Kayden.

We don't have the same taste, but out of your choices I like Brielle, Jocelyn, and Blake.

• I like Kayden, you shouldn't let fads sway your decision. I'm sure all the Michaels and Brittanys in the world are leading full-filling lives having common names :) Especially since you say you've liked the name since before it was popular.

As far as your boy names I have always loved the name Blake, and recently Brody has really grown on me. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"