July 2011 Moms

What diaper pail did you get?

I got the first years clean air diaper disposal based on a friend who has 2 kids recommendation. I just put it together and I don't think I like it. It is so loud, kinda hard to close and the trash bags weren't so easy to put in. I was thinking about getting the diaper genie II elite. I know the refills are expensive but it looks easier to use. It's taller, uses a foot Pedal and looks easy to refill and throw out the dirty bags. Anyone have any feedback? And what diaper pail do you have? Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What diaper pail did you get?

• ksulliksulli member
    We got the diaper genie elite ii. One of the women I work with says it was the best piece of baby equipment she owned. Haven't used it myself yet, so I can't say for sure.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • We have this one and I really like it.  You can use it with regular bags or their refills.  You can also use it with cloth diapers.
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We got the Diaper Genie II Elite. Haven't used it yet, but I like the height of it and I've heard good things about it so hopefully it works well for us.
  • abrazzabrazz member

imageClaudiaStar21:
    I got the first years clean air diaper disposal based on a friend who has 2 kids recommendation. I just put it together and I don't think I like it. It is so loud, kinda hard to close and the trash bags weren't so easy to put in. I was thinking about getting the diaper genie II elite. I know the refills are expensive but it looks easier to use. It's taller, uses a foot Pedal and looks easy to refill and throw out the dirty bags. Anyone have any feedback? And what diaper pail do you have? Thanks.

We have the diaper genie elite II and I love it.  It holds in the stink and you don't have to touch the sides or anything, just drop the diapers in it.  We have the smaller diaper genie and I don't like it as much.  I would say go for the more expensive one.  It is worth it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageksulli:
    We got the diaper genie elite ii. One of the women I work with says it was the best piece of baby equipment she owned. Haven't used it myself yet, so I can't say for sure.

That's what we have also.  I haven't used it yet, but I have heard really good things about it from mom friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are using cloth diapers so I got a hanging Planet Wise wetbag. I just got my one for my diapers bag today, but I think I might need the large one for daycare also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsIMrsI member
    We also have the Diaper Genie Elite II.  My only complaint is that where we put it makes it hard to get to the foot pedal and you can't open it from the top.  Obviously we can move it for better use so it's not really a big deal to me.  I like iy way better than having to stuff the diaper in the hole of the older model.  We haven't noticed a smell yet either but she is too little to make much of a stink now...
  • We have the arm and hammer one, I have 2 new mommy friends who started with the DGEII and weren't pleased with the way it contained smells, so they switched.  I have been to both of their houses and never noticed any issue, but I also don't live there.  So I just went with the A&H to begin with.
  • I got the Diaper genie II (not the elite) because I cheaped out, it seems like a PITA to smush a diaper down the hole every time and I kind of wish I got the elite with the foot pedal. 
  • imagekatie4253:
    We have this one and I really like it.  You can use it with regular bags or their refills.  You can also use it with cloth diapers.

I got that one, too, and I've already switched out their bag system for my cloth diaper pail liner. I really like it, and I think it's going to work very well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got the Arm&Hammer one mainly because when it comes to smell prevention that's a name I trust more than any other. (previous cat owner, if they can hide litter box I can only imagine what they can do with diapers.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Arm & Hammer!  From what I've heard, it's the biggest bang for your buck.
    image eva magnolia 07/22/11
  • i got the arm and hammer one mostly because you don't need to buy special refill bags, you can just use any 13 gallon trash bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"