2nd Trimester

Would you not pick a name...

because you hate writing the letter is starts with? DH thinks I'm crazy but he likes the name Evelina but I hate writing the letter E. I figure I will have to write my childs name a million times in my life and I really dont feel like writing E and thinking of how much I hate writing that letter for the rest of my life. Am I crazy? Its ok to tell me I'm crazy....

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014

Re: Would you not pick a name...

• I don't know but you REALLY look like the actress that played Julia in Nip Tuck!

ETA: I googled... and her name is Joely Richardson :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It seems a little hormonal, not crazy though. 

However, its only one more E to all of the other millions of E's you'll have to write for the rest of your life, so whats the harm? ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • I would have to say you're crazy. To give you the opportunity to call me crazy in return, is it crazy not to use a name because you don't like what it means?
  • imagelovemypups1:

I don't know but you REALLY look like the actress that played Julia in Nip Tuck!

I don't think she looks like her at all, but oh how I miss that show!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• imageboobearmama:

It seems a little hormonal, not crazy though. 

However, its only one more E to all of the other millions of E's you'll have to write for the rest of your life, so whats the harm? ;-)

See, I dont mind writing a lower case E I just dont like writing an upper case E.  

• imagelovemypups1:

I don't know but you REALLY look like the actress that played Julia in Nip Tuck!

lol..awesome, she was like a serial killer in a lifetime movie once and that's where I associate her with. She also played a woman who stole everyone's identity on another lifetime movie...I hope she was at least a good character on Nip Tuck! 

• imagechristinaramirez08:
    imagelovemypups1:

I don't think she looks like her at all, but oh how I miss that show!!!

LOL I think it's the bridal picture the most!

• I don't think you're crazy. My capital F's are lousy, but my H's are awesome.
  • Weird, but not crazy.  I think we all have our qwirks.
  • I hate writting upper case E's in cursive. Printing or in lower case I don't mind it. I don't know that I would let it get in the way of picking my child's name though.
  • i'm gonna be blunt.  yes, you're crazy for not wanting to write the letter E.  but my bigger concern is the fact that your daughter's name will be pronounced beginning with the word "evil."
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • What you said sounds logical to me! We have some name ideas, and I've just thought about how I'll write them... I don't like writing capital E's either, they look funny when I do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• There is a type-e personality joke in here somewhere =)

But... if you both really love the name perhaps you should just practice writing an 'E' until you find a style you like. Both the girl and boy's name I have picked out start with 'E' so maybe I am e-biased.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The letter "E" is fun to write in cursive. My name is Emily and I like writing E- its swirly! :) Evelina is a gorgeous, elegant name and I love the nickname Evie. You could have worse choices!
  • I don't think that is crazy at all. I nixed the name Isaac because I couldn't get it to look nice when I wrote it. Love the name, but will never pick it for that reason. Silly? Maybe, but there are several other names I love and can write out.

BTW: The Isaac decision was made pre-pregnancy, so I can't blame it on hormones.

• Not crazy there are alot of letters I don't like to write especially in uper case. A is one of them I don't even like how it looks typed. lol There's also E,Z, and P. Yes it's weird, is it my hormones? No, I been having this issue since I can write. lol
  • imagesleepingbeauty:
    i'm gonna be blunt.  yes, you're crazy for not wanting to write the letter E.  but my bigger concern is the fact that your daughter's name will be pronounced beginning with the word "evil."

Tell your husband this if you really don't want to use the name. 

I don't like writing the capital letter E in cursive, but I don't think I'd let it get in the way of naming my child if it was a name I really liked.

• imagesleepingbeauty:
    i'm gonna be blunt.  yes, you're crazy for not wanting to write the letter E.  but my bigger concern is the fact that your daughter's name will be pronounced beginning with the word "evil."

Really?

I hate it when people take something harmless and associate it with something totaly unrelated that's bad. I don't know how you are pronouncing the name but when I read it, it sounds nothing like "evil".

It reminds of the people a few years ago who tried to get people to say heaveno when they answered the phone instead of hello because they didn't want to say hell.... You are giving a greeting, you are not talking about hell!

• You are absolutely NOT crazy... I won't even look at names that start with a K and for sure not even considering names that end with an S or Z. Also, personally I don't think the name should be longer than 7 letters or 3 syllables. My bestie, who is due in September won't pick spellings that have 'extra' letters... For instance, Jayce instead of Jace... what's the Y doing??? NOTHING!! It's your baby's name and if you don't like writing capital E's then skip it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't pick names if they have a letter that starts with a letter in my household already. For example, I really like the name Keenan for a boy. It's my grandmother's maiden name and she passed away last year so I thought it would be a nice way to honor her. Then I realized that my husband's name is Kelly. So in my house I would have a Keenan and Kel. ::Insert Good Burger joke here::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"