3rd Trimester

shoe crisis...

Next week I am going to a very formal Southern wedding & I have really been looking forward to dressing up & looking nice (especially since recently I feel like I am ginormous!)  I know my feet have been swollen, but I have some cute shoes that go with my dress & run a little big, so I planned to wear those.  Last night I tried on my dress & the shoes didn't fit!  WTF!  They fit last week.  Now I can't even wedge my sausage toes in them!  To top it all off, DH tried to "help" and told me I should just wear flip-flops. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: shoe crisis...

• I love to dress up as well but I have come to terms with the fact that heels and other constricting cute shoes are just not feasible at this time. I wear super cute sandals with lots of sparkle or bling on them to make up for this temporary loss :) Soon enough you will be able to wear your cute shoes again! Hang in there and good luck with your shoe issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went through this last week, for a wedding too! It was a sad day indeed. Luckily I had some cute flats. But, I felt like one of Cinderella's stepsisters trying to fit into my regular shoes!!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello im 29 weeks prego and my brother got married in a huge wedding over the weekend and i was a bridesmaid. They made sure to help me find a shoe with just a small flat heel on them and we got them a size bigger than i usually wear "when im not prego". I'm so glad we got the size up because they were a SNUG fit the day of the wedding! If you can i would trade in the shoes for a size or half a size bigger :)
  • Finding shoes for my swollen feet has been a challenge.  5 pair and god knows how many trips to DSW and other shoe stores later, I finally found a pair that fit, is comfortable, will still be able to wear after the swelling goes down (adjustable across toes and at ankle), and doesn't look like a surgical boot.  I ended up with Dansko Sissy in all black.  They may not be dressy enough for what you need, but I definitely recommend them for everyday wear.

https://www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/Collections/Sausalito/Sissy/Black%20Pull-Up/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Finding shoes for my swollen feet has been a challenge.  5 pair and god knows how many trips to DSW and other shoe stores later, I finally found a pair that fit, is comfortable, will still be able to wear after the swelling goes down (adjustable across toes and at ankle), and doesn't look like a surgical boot.  I ended up with Dansko Sissy in all black.  They may not be dressy enough for what you need, but I definitely recommend them for everyday wear.

https://www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/Collections/Sausalito/Sissy/Black%20Pull-Up/

• CHI-06CHI-06 member
    same dilema here.  I am going to wear a pair of gold flats to the wedding and I am bringing flipflops.  The flats are fine for a bit but with the heat and standing my feet swell more so I plan to change into flipflops after the reception gets going for awhile... I am not at all happy about what I am wearing to this wedding and plan to avoid any pictures!
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • I nearly cried in the middle of WalMart's shoe department a few weeks ago.  I know how you feel.  DH was trying to be helpful, but he just made it worse.  He brought me a stretchy pair of sandals in my size to try on.  They didn't fit, so he brought back a half step up - no dice.  We went on like this until I couldn't shove my foot into a size TEN.  He asked if I wanted him to bring me the ten and a half, at that point I snapped, teared up and yelled "Why?  So we can find out those don't fit on my hippo feet either??"

We ended up finding much better options at K-Mart.  I purchased a pair of white sandals that completely open across the top with velcro.  We bought them in my regular size and just adjusted the velcro out to fit.  It was a relief to know I wasn't throwing away the money on a pair I wouldn't be able to wear again afterward.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"