Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Bottles melting at daycare? What are you using?

We are using the playtex drop-ins again. We used them a few years ago with DS#1 and never had this problem at the same daycare. The liners are not melting but the actual bottle part is melting from the warmer. The are using one of the First Year models. Anyone else have this problem? At home we warm up a plastic cup of water in the microwave then set the bottle in that to warm it up with no problems. I hate to spend the money to buy all new bottles and nipples. They suggested buying cheap bottles to pour my bottles into just for warming then pour it back into the playtex bottles but that's just more bottles to wash each night - PITA! Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bottles melting at daycare? What are you using?

• We use Playtex Drop Ins too and have never had a problem with them melting at DC.. They have crockpots with warm water to heat up the bottles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerwww.peekinsidethecloud.blogspot.com
  • We also use drop-ins...they heat in crockpot at daycare without issue.

• Loading the player...
  • DROP INS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO IN A WARMER.

They say that on the box.

Wow.

Tell them to heat warm water and then drop the bottle in, they should not be using a warmer with it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Our dc uses a glass bottle to warm her bm and pours it into the dr. Browns bottle we use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They must have it set up way to high.  ask them to just warm it in mug of warm water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same problem. I brought it to their attention but it kept happening. Instead of continuing to get pissed, I bought the Playtex VentAire bottles. They are pretty reasonably priced and they use the same nipples as the drop ins. I primarity use them for day care
  • imageSnoopyLuv:

DROP INS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO IN A WARMER.

They say that on the box.

Wow.

Tell them to heat warm water and then drop the bottle in, they should not be using a warmer with it.

DC was warming DDs bottles in the warmer and the liners would burst. It took me a while to realize they were doing this- they told me that DD needed more milk brought in, this was why. 

• Are they willing to use glass?  Evenflo makes an inexpensive glass bottle that you can find at big box stores.
  • imagektk829:
    I had the same problem. I brought it to their attention but it kept happening. Instead of continuing to get pissed, I bought the Playtex VentAire bottles. They are pretty reasonably priced and they use the same nipples as the drop ins. I primarity use them for day care

I didn't realize they used the same nipple. I may try just using those for daycare. I would still be washing the same number of bottles as I am now so that might be a solution. 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hoenstly, I would be very uncomfortable with heating it hot enough to melt plastic because then even if you get a tougher brand, the odds are good that the plastic is leaching something into the bottle's contents or, if you're heating BM that it's breaking down the nutrients. I would ask them to rethink how they heat their bottles.

If nothing else, I would switch to glass, but that's just me. I dislike heating anything in plastic in general.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"