3rd Trimester
Options

Dates with the husband...NBR

So I'm now 3 days overdue, which compared to a lot of people isn't very bad at all.  I've not had any contractions, not dialated, etc, etc.  Instead of dwelling on it, my husband and I have decided to make these last couple (or several) days really special for us.  The problem is, we live in a very rural area and have a tight budget.  Any ideas of some fun dates to fill up our time?  We've googled a lot of ideas, but most of them seem really lame :(

Re: Dates with the husband...NBR

• Options
    Picnic?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

these might be lame too, but heres trying..... 

give each other massages

cook a really special dinner

watch a movie together 

take a luxurious bath together

go for a long walk (could help with getting labor going!)

have sex (also helps with labor! :) )

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    blue revolution has a lot of good ideas!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH and I rarely go out to eat/movies - but we constantly go on walks/hikes together and I really like the picnic idea someone mentioned.
  • Options

DH & I are country folk :-) and just like being together. Somethings we do on date night is: fishing, camping, star gazing (it's even cooler if there's a meteor shower!), skipping rocks on the lake, cross the lake in a canoe or paddle boat, go the park & have a picnic & play on the swings, riding our bikes thru the trails (can't do that now that I'm preggo), movie night @ home or drive-in movie, driving thru "rich neighborhoods" dreaming about possibilities, romantic dinner at home w/ an extra romantic "dessert", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, this is some of the things we like to do. Doesn't take much to keep us entertained. I just love spending time with him away from our everyday routine & responsibilities.  

pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    megd06megd06 member

sex?

might sound lame, but then again...you're about to go on a 6 wk drought from it.

• Options
    imageSugarQueen101:

DH & I are country folk :-) and just like being together. Somethings we do on date night is: fishing, camping, star gazing (it's even cooler if there's a meteor shower!), skipping rocks on the lake, cross the lake in a canoe or paddle boat, go the park & have a picnic & play on the swings, riding our bikes thru the trails (can't do that now that I'm preggo), movie night @ home or drive-in movie, driving thru "rich neighborhoods" dreaming about possibilities, romantic dinner at home w/ an extra romantic "dessert", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, this is some of the things we like to do. Doesn't take much to keep us entertained. I just love spending time with him away from our everyday routine & responsibilities.  

Sooo sweet!  I love these! =]  Now I wish I lived in the country.  Hehe.  My husband and I like to take walks together, even if it isn't anywhere pretty and scenic (we don't get all of the pretty scenery that the country provides!).  If there is a small road trip you can go on - maybe an hour away or so - that might be a nice change of pace.  Maybe an outlet mall (spoil yourself with a new purse or a pedicure!) or a trip to the zoo if there is one around you somewhere.  Or you could always stay at home and play board games together.  Hope your last days without baby are enjoyable and memorable! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"