Babies: 3 - 6 Months

To get pregnant or not to get pregnant...

I find it very weird that I am on the SAME exact schedule as last year. Last year my LMP was 6/21 and I ovulated on the fourth of July when we are at the Oregon coast for the holiday. Well this year I got my period 6/21 too which means when we go back to the coast this weekend for the holiday I will be ovualting again!

We are both ready for another one Stick out tongue but then again we are not... I want to enjoy my 3 month old and wait till next summer/fall to try but then again I want them really close...

How far apart do you want your children?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To get pregnant or not to get pregnant...

• We were going to start trying again this fall or winter, but we had a long discussion about it this weekend and we've decided to wait another year or two. My husband would really like me to be able to stay home with the kids, so we're waiting for that opportunity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're waiting until Mj is 2 1/2 before TTC. 

• Loading the player...
  • No less than 3 years. H is starting grad school AND I want to be able to enjoy each kid individually at each stage versus running after 2 toddlers at once.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got this bfp the week of my ds's second birthday. Two is tough stuff. I cant believe I ever thought having one little infant was tiring.
  • I would like them 18 months apart.
  • Shop's closed for now. Will open again in 3 years time, LOL.
  • We've been trying for #3 since DS was about 2 months old.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I would get pregnant now if it wouldn't throw off my mat leave.  Idon't go back to work until late March 2012 and I would have to be working for at least 6 months to qualify for mat leave again. Also, we need a bigger house before adding a 3rd.
  • We would like to start TTC when DD is 9 months old - so in Sept! 
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • I'm almost 37. If we want two I don't have a lot of time to wait to try again. We talked about trying next spring.  If I had more time I would wait til DD is 3 and then try.  Trying for #2 is dependant upon us being in a good place financially, however.  If I had to decide today, I would say we are one and done.  I don't feel we can swing two in daycare right now, and with my job being the one keeping us insured, DH would have to SAH and I am not sure he'd be able to handle that.  DD is awesome and if she is my only I will be ok with that, but I would like her to have a sibling, so I am hoping we can try again.
  • We want them about 2 years apart. I would go for earlier, but I want to BF Louie for a year, and it doesn't seem like AF is coming anytime soon.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We don't use any BC, so we're open to kiddo #2 anytime.
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • DD was 3 1/2 when DS was born.  I like that they're still close in age, but DD is self sufficient on a lot of things (ie. she's potty trained, she dresses and feeds herself, etc).  We'll probably wait another 2-3 years before TTC again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
  • Hats off to you guys who want another baby so soon. I wish I did, but I'm so overwhelmed. I think we're going to wait until DS is about 1 1/2. DH would like to before...but I'm just not ready.
  • imageMomlovesEloise:
    We want them about 2 years apart. I would go for earlier, but I want to BF Louie for a year, and it doesn't seem like AF is coming anytime soon.  

This.  We'll probably stop preventing it in the fall but I don't expect to get KU right away.  We conceived #1 very quickly but who knows when AF is coming back.  I feel weird that I actually want AF back...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQuiroloslove:
    Hats off to you guys who want another baby so soon. I wish I did, but I'm so overwhelmed. I think we're going to wait until DS is about 1 1/2. DH would like to before...but I'm just not ready.

Personally, I think going from 0-1 kids is hard! 1-2 is not nearly as hard. (Hard, yes, busy, yes, but not AS hard.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • We are waiting until the boys are at least 2.  Props to everyone that can do 3 u 3 but we would like to avoid that! We also need to consider the very real risk that I will be on some kind of rest fairly early.  I need good walkers in case I can not carry them around.
  • I'm thinking of trying when LO turns 1. Of course, I have to get my H's permission first but I think he'll be fine with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • nattnnattn member
    We've been debating it. I'm on the mini pill but I've had this feeling I'm already pregnant. I'm due for AF today actually so I'll know soon. We would prefer them maybe 18 months to 2 years apart, so I won't be heartbroken if I'm not but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I am pregnant. It would be really hard because I would have 2 under 1 for a few days. Crossing my fingers that it's just my hormones out of wack!
  • imageshoebox4:
    Shop's closed for now. Will open again in 3 years time, LOL.
    This if we decide to have another. It's a huge decision and I am not 100% that I want to with the complication we had this time. I have a 25% chance of it happening again. Near death is scary shiz.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Ours are 14 months apart and it's PERFECT. The main thing keeping me from TTC right now is that BFing through a pregnancy was very hard and I'd rather not have to do it again.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• No way in h-e-double-hockey sticks would I agree to TTC when DS was 3 months old. My c-section was pretty traumatic, and I'd rather give my body at least a year or two before going through anything like that again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• #1 and #2 are 12.5 months apart. I really like that spacing. It worked well for the first 2 because it was so easy for my first to adjust to having a sibling.

#2 and #3 (if there's a #3) will be 2.5 years apart, so we'd start trying next fall. I like the idea of there only being 3.5 years between the youngest/oldest, but I'd also get a break from 2 very closely spaced pregnancies (and c-sections) as well.

• I would love to start TTC now, but DS has not been an easy baby and DH is a little scared. But we have agreed to start when DS is one.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • We might start trying when DS is 18 months.
  • we're waiting until Lucas is 1 1/2 or older. When we have our next one, we're done and I'm not ready for this phase of my life to be over yet.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • DD is a little over three months....we'd like to start trying this fall or winter.  Hoping they'll be about 18 months apart!  Big Smile
    Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • imagejuliane2004:

imageQuiroloslove:
    Hats off to you guys who want another baby so soon. I wish I did, but I'm so overwhelmed. I think we're going to wait until DS is about 1 1/2. DH would like to before...but I'm just not ready.

Personally, I think going from 0-1 kids is hard! 1-2 is not nearly as hard. (Hard, yes, busy, yes, but not AS hard.)

I agree. I found 0-1 a much tougher transition. Adding a 2nd has been so much easier than I anticipated mentally.

• We are trying to decide now if we are going to start trying once DS is one or wait until he turns 2.  I would love another right now but I want some time to spoil DS first : )
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think we will start TTC again when DD is one. As long as we continue to be financially stable, we will start trying again in January. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"