1st Trimester
Options

If you have bad MS and a little one already...

...how do you handle it? I SAH with DS and everything has gone to pot - the house is a tip, I haven't made a meal in over a week and I feel like I'm neglecting DS. I've dragged myself to the park a couple of times but all I can do is sit there and try not to throw up. We have no family or friends nearby...I don't know what to do. :( How do you handle it?

Re: If you have bad MS and a little one already...

• Options
    I nap when DS naps on occasion, I take advantage of every minute with my husband when he's not at work to help me, i do household chores before bed when i know i can crash right after. It sucks, I dont throw up really but have lost 10 lbs just from not wanting to eat or going to the bathroom. I see women pregnant with their first who post all the time about being exhausted and miserable and i just hold my tongue, I feel like they have no idea what being exhausted is til you're pregnant and running around after another child!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hope you start feeling better! Mine hasn't been too bad yet but my DH does as much around the house as he can before he goes to work and I try to keep my standards low so I actually can feel proud of myself when I get a lot done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's difficult. My DS2 is about your son's age. I have a 4 yr old as well. To be honest, I do what I can when I feel up for it and then lie on the couch and nap while they watch tv. Not at all ideal, but it is just for a short time and I'm MAKING a baby so I'm quite busy :) Or sometimes I read to them while I'm lying down. 

I got a lot of easy to make frozen dinners (pizza, egg rolls, chicken nuggets, lasagna) for the days I'm not up for cooking a proper meal.

The house is a mess. I have good days and bad days so on good days I clean/laundry/spend time with the kids as I can. 

ETA: Our boys are really close in age. Aug 16th for mine

• Options
    It sucks! I try to get out, but usually it just doesn't work. The other day he walked into my room with a book and a big smile on his face, looked at me laying in bed ans walked out of the room. Broke my heart! Thank God it's getting better lately. You'll get better too, it won't last forever. It sucks, but it won't scar them for life Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemamaofboys:

To be honest, I do what I can when I feel up for it and then lie on the couch and nap while they watch tv. Not at all ideal, but it is just for a short time and I'm MAKING a baby so I'm quite busy :)

That's a good way to put it lol. :) And yeah, they are really close in age. My DS is Aug 11th :)
  • Options
    imageKflie83:
    It sucks! I try to get out, but usually it just doesn't work. The other day he walked into my room with a book and a big smile on his face, looked at me laying in bed ans walked out of the room. Broke my heart! Thank God it's getting better lately. You'll get better too, it won't last forever. It sucks, but it won't scar them for life Smile
    Aww poor guy! And poor you too. With DS it lasted till 17 weeks, but I did have good days towards the end of that. Right now it's just constant, morning to night. Ugh. I just feel bad about letting him watch so much TV. Hope you all feel better soon too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"