July 2011 Moms

feeling "twinges"

I know a lot of people are bored with the "what is this" or "is this normal" posts...but whatev...any input would be nice.  I love to learn on here!

So I'm only 36 weeks.  (well, officially 35 weeks and 6 days) and I keep feeling "twinges" above what I guess feels like my cervix.  Its been happening for about a week now.  I don't think its "lightening" because baby is still very high (right under my boobs) and smushing my lungs/ribs.  But its just weird.  I wouldn't call it painful...but its just like an electric "twinge" that is not comfy, it only lasts like a second...does that make any sense?!?!?  

WTF is that?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: feeling "twinges"

• there's a baby inside. it could be a number of things. not really sure what you're looking to get as far as 'answers' go. we all are getting crazy, random, weird sensations. it happens.

Married: 7.09 
    Avery: 7.11 
    Molly: 7.13
  • imageMamaC2b2011:
    there's a baby inside. it could be a number of things. not really sure what you're looking to get as far as 'answers' go. we all are getting crazy, random, weird sensations. it happens.

Eh, maybe snarky random ones like your answer.   Stick out tongue  That'll do.  Sometimes its just nice to hear "yeah thats weird and I'm feeling that too".

Sorry it bugged you so much.  Embarrassed

shyly backing away...

• Loading the player...
  • If you're talking about a feeling like someone is pinching the inside of your vagina, then yes, I have that.  I don't much care for it either!  I told my OB about it and she said it was "normal".  Whatever that means anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTristaD81:
    If you're talking about a feeling like someone is pinching the inside of your vagina, then yes, I have that.  I don't much care for it either!  I told my OB about it and she said it was "normal".  Whatever that means anymore!

Yes  YES THAT FEELING!  "normal" really does take on a very different meaning now!  I wonder if I'll ever feel normal ever again?

• I have no idea what it is other than it happens to me sometimes too... It just kinda goes with the last few weeks... like the previous poster said, there is just a "new normal"  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageindytara:

imageTristaD81:
    If you're talking about a feeling like someone is pinching the inside of your vagina, then yes, I have that.  I don't much care for it either!  I told my OB about it and she said it was "normal".  Whatever that means anymore!

Yes  YES THAT FEELING!  "normal" really does take on a very different meaning now!  I wonder if I'll ever feel normal ever again?

Seriously!  My "normal" now is pretty darn crazy when you add everything up!  Here's hoping we all feel really normal someday soon Smile

• I feel this awful piercing sensation at times when LO is particularly active. It feels like she is taking little bites of my bladder or vag. I have no idea if this is normal, but I do hope it means labor is sooner than later. 
  • Welcome to lightning crotch land. I started having this happen around 33 weeks and my doctor said it was just the way baby was situated and it was twinging a nerve on/near the cervix. Nothing to worry about but really annoying.
  • imageMamaC2b2011:
    there's a baby inside. it could be a number of things. not really sure what you're looking to get as far as 'answers' go. we all are getting crazy, random, weird sensations. it happens.

I AM so glad I read this post and helpful constructive response. I was wondering what I had inside, DAMN GIRL Thank You for the Help 

• Ive been getting these too for about 3-4 weeks. It stops you in your tracks, but comes and goes very quickly. I always figured it was LO punching me in the cervix :)  I was looking to see if an increase in this meant labor was coming, but I guess not. 
  • imageKimmy9j:

imageMamaC2b2011:

I AM so glad I read this post and helpful constructive response. I was wondering what I had inside, DAMN GIRL Thank You for the Help 

I know, geez.  Just because someone is clearly cranky doesn't mean we all feel that way.  If you don't want to hear women ask questions about the "baby inside," why the heck are you on a pregnancy forum?

image eva magnolia 07/22/11
  • imageyellowbirdandco:
    imageKimmy9j:

imageMamaC2b2011:

I know, geez.  Just because someone is clearly cranky doesn't mean we all feel that way.  If you don't want to hear women ask questions about the "baby inside," why the heck are you on a pregnancy forum?

Shes often rude I notice

• imageMamaC2b2011:

I didn't realize this was a snarky response.  Guess I'm rude too.  

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • imageKimmy9j:

Shes often rude I notice

Yes

aha... ahahhahaha 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"