Cloth Diapering

is this gross?

I started using "un-paper towels" in the kitchen (aka, birdseye and flannel cloths) and I'm really liking them, but I'm trying to figure out a wash routine.  Figuring I should probably use CD safe protocol to keep them nice and absorbant, plus I shouldn't let them sit in the wetbag for days, right?  So I'm wondering if it would be gross to just wash them with my diapers.  I'm using them on my countertops and to dry dishes and stuff, so it seems kind of *yuck*...but the washing machine cleans, right?

What do you guys think? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Amber
TTC since March '06
MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
My IF Blog: Between the Lines
My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama

Re: is this gross?

• Ehh I use mamacloth as backup to my Diva Cup (different ballgame, I know) but I wash that separately from the diapers and other laundry. I would tend to put kitchen cloths in a wash with whites, which in my house are bleached and washed on hot.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I dont think its gross. My laundry room is next to the kitchen so I just throw them straight into the washer. They get washed with whatever is next in line. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I throw in all my unpaper towels with my diapers and never thought a thing of it.  With the hot washes and detergent and rinses and drying, I'm pretty sure I'm not smearing poop particles on my counters when I clean.  :)  At least I hope so!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageejgballerina:
    Well, I throw in all my unpaper towels with my diapers and never thought a thing of it.  With the hot washes and detergent and rinses and drying, I'm pretty sure I'm not smearing poop particles on my counters when I clean.  :)  At least I hope so!

I like this answer.  But I'm guessing I should neglect to mention my wash routine when "normals" (aka people who don't CD) notice the paper towels...  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
  • imageejgballerina:
    Well, I throw in all my unpaper towels with my diapers and never thought a thing of it.  With the hot washes and detergent and rinses and drying, I'm pretty sure I'm not smearing poop particles on my counters when I clean.  :)  At least I hope so!

this.  i also throw towels in w/diapers when i don't have a full load... so i don't see a big deal in throwing the unpaper towels w/diapers. 

i'd just wash them with anything honestly.  whatever you're washing most often.  which is probably diapers lol.  i'd actually  think they'd be cleaner washed w/diapers than w/a normal load since there are more wash/rinse cycles involved. 

• I wash mine with towels, hot wash, cold rinse, extra rinse if I feel like it.  I don't use Rng which I use on my Cds, but I use Ecos, which is also CD safe but cheaper (I've heard people have issues with their dipes with it so I'm too scared to use it on them).
  • imagesomethingchangd:

imageejgballerina:

I like this answer.  But I'm guessing I should neglect to mention my wash routine when "normals" (aka people who don't CD) notice the paper towels...  ;)

LOL- yeah that's probably a good idea.  Considering the general population thinks we have washers full of poop.

• I wash them separately, but I have enough that I have a medium wire trash basket full before I get around to washing them.
  • Sometimes i wash with diapers and sometimes with towels depending on which load im doing.
  • Can you recommend a seller?!
  • imagemorganaday:
    Can you recommend a seller?!

Target - cheap white washcloths.  YWIA.

• imagepixy_stix:

imagemorganaday:

This but Walmart+ several cute baskets all over the house. I use them for everything.

• imagemorganaday:

I got mine from Mamamade, but she doesn't have them in stock.  What I really liked about hers is that they actually snap on to an empty paper towel roll.  Keeps them really neat and organized. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
  • imageg2mom2b:
    imagepixy_stix:

imagemorganaday:

This but Walmart+ several cute baskets all over the house. I use them for everything.

Okay, that what I'm using now.  

• I think it is gross.  I wash my kitchen towels by themselves on sanitize.  I don't want poop anywhere near anything that is anywhere near what I eat. 
  • Are "un-paper towels"like wash cloths? :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"