Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I just slathered my kid in...

Syrup. Yep. DD was sitting in my lap while I ate and bumped. Then when I went to put her in her bouncy chair so I could clean up, I kissed the back of her head as I was turning her around. It was strangely sticky. And sweet. And I turn her around to see.... a big drop of syrup running down her temple. Ha! And there's more still on the back of her head. Oops... Another bath it is... and she has some on her outfit and a little spit up as well (which she also got on my hand, so I guess that was her silent revenge). 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I just slathered my kid in...

• imagehurricanepayne89:
    Syrup. Yep. DD was sitting in my lap while I ate and bumped. Then when I went to put her in her bouncy chair so I could clean up, I kissed the back of her head as I was turning her around. It was strangely sticky. And sweet. And I turn her around to see.... a big drop of syrup running down her temple. Ha! And there's more still on the back of her head. Oops... Another bath it is... and she has some on her outfit and a little spit up as well (which she also got on my hand, so I guess that was her silent revenge). 

Just sayin'... maybe you might want to cut out bumping while eating and holding the baby.  

• imageEmjayTheHunted:

imagehurricanepayne89:

Just sayin'... maybe you might want to cut out bumping while eating and holding the baby.  

Nah, too much fun. I like it when her hair sticks to my lips when I kiss her sweet little head. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:

imagehurricanepayne89:

Fer Realz...you clearly are not cut out for multi-tasking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's kind of disgusting, and maybe a sign to step away from the computer if you have to pour syrup all over your kid. 

Yuck. 

And yet... you're on here still, and she's covered in Mrs. Butterworth instead of getting a bath. 

/facepalm

• imagealopdx:
    How can you pour so much syrup on your kid that it's running down their face and not notice? That is gross.

Ha. It was one big drop down the side of her temple, and a teeny bit on her shoulder, and the part on the back of her head was probably from my lips because I never found any. I barely had any syrup on my food. I couldn't immediately give her a bath because her Daddy was in the shower getting ready for work, and running late, so I temporarily cleaned it up with a washcloth. And then she had a bath. You ladies are friggin ridiculous. Shiit happens. I was eating and bumping, FI had her, and she started to get fussy and he had to get ready, so I put her in my lap until I was done. She stopped fussing. I dripped syrup on her head. God forbid. I tried to make a not-so-great situation a little humorous, and you all rip me to shreds. Ugh. Your fake lives are SOOOOO much better than my real one, God knows you've never gotten anything on your kid(s). And Emjay, maybe you should step away from your computer sometimes as well, instead of giving everybody on the internet who isn't as great as you the e-shaft. Avery can't be sleeping EVERY time you're on the computer, I'm sure you've had her in your lap at least a time or two. Lighten up a little, all of you. Just because you're the epitome of epitome doesn't mean we are all flawless like you and your BGP ladies. Take a step back, and think about things. 

ETA: Now I'm gonna go be a lazy, SAHM and nap with my unsticky kid. Even though there's laundry and dishes to be done, and probably some sweeping and bathroom cleaning I could do. But I'd rather not. I'd rather be snuggled up with my kid, who smells all fresh and Johnson-y clean. So why don't you flame me for that, too, while you're at it. Since you ladies' houses are sparkly clean and whatnot, as well as your kids who never sit on your laps while you're eating. Bite me.

• Oh snap, you got me didn't you?

FTR: I'm not a "BGP girl". I merely find you disgusting and no, I have never gotten food on my baby even when I am holding him while eating.

What exactly is epitome of epitome anyway? Is this a phrase that is only used in "real" life?

• imagehurricanepayne89:
    And Emjay, maybe you should step away from your computer sometimes as well, instead of giving everybody on the internet who isn't as great as you the e-shaft. Avery can't be sleeping EVERY time you're on the computer, I'm sure you've had her in your lap at least a time or two. Lighten up a little, all of you. Just because you're the epitome of epitome doesn't mean we are all flawless like you and your BGP ladies. Take a step back, and think about things.

Epitome of epitome???  Wow!!!  That must be pretty awesomely awesome!!

And e-shaft.  I think I can say that's pretty funny.  

And NO WAY would I hold my kid when I bump.  She drools a lot, and my keyboard cost over a hundred bucks!  It's made for gaming and has all kinds of cool features.  I'm not letting her ruin it!  I prefer to prop her bottle and put her in her bouncer.  True story! 

By the way... what does "epitome of epitome" actually MEAN?  

• Why is it whenever anyone says anything snarky it is always turned around to 'those bgp girls'?  There are plenty of people who are snarky on TB that have nothing to do with bgp....  And whenever anyone is stereotypical about any other group of people, they get shiiit for it, but not that?  Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
  • imageFiredancer1013:
    Why is it whenever anyone says anything snarky it is always turned around to 'those bgp girls'?  There are plenty of people who are snarky on TB that have nothing to do with bgp....  And whenever anyone is stereotypical about any other group of people, they get shiiit for it, but not that?  Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
    You must be one of the BGPers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ack! Dramaz.

But I did laugh at e-shaft.

I once got salsa on DS's head (a drop) when he was little and I had to put him in the sling to get something to eat because he was screaming bloody murder when I sat him down and I was starving. Oops. Guess I fail and am disgusting too.

Facepalm.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• If dropping food on your child makes you a bad mom then I guess you can add me to the club.  I have a super fussy child which means that I often have to hold her and eat. She gets crap on her all the time and I'm not bumping when this happens. Oh well. OP, don't get all bent out of shape about it. I don't understand why people let internet strangers get them all worked up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup. done that quite a bit. At least it wasn't ketchup or something which would make you concerned.

Jo never slept so whenever I finally got her down, and was holding her, I just put a napkin on her head and ate over top of her. I did what needed doing. It's hilarious now to me, but you do whatever you need to IMO.

Unless you are one of the people above who seem to be having a bit of a slow day.

image Josephine is 4.
  • LOL!  We've all been there :)  My poor kid has had more spilled on him than gets in my mouth depending on what I'm eating!  I'd never eat if I waited until he could be put down, though.  Such is life!  We just always laugh and move on. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Oh FFS, I come here to see how my 3-6 ladies are doing and find THIS? If any one of you can say that you have never had to eat a meal one handed while holding your kid just so you can actually eat you're either a dirty rotten liar or I need to trade you babies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAggieBeth06:
    Ack! Dramaz.

I once got salsa on DS's head (a drop) when he was little and I had to put him in the sling to get something to eat because he was screaming bloody murder when I sat him down and I was starving. Oops. Guess I fail and am disgusting too.

Facepalm.

Let's go slather our kids in salsa and syrup!

And epitome of epitome was supposed to be epitome of perfect. Typo. But it would mean the perfect example of perfect, as in lots of perfect-ness, because that's what you appear to be. I was typing too fast because my bottle propping techniques failed and DD was about to gnaw the last bit of skin off her fist (with her gums, of course. Sharp little fvckers!) I should take lessons from Emjay before something bad happens, like spilling her milk all over her. 

Alopdx, yes, I got out a paintbrush and went to town on her. Wow. You're more dense than the maple tree my syrup came from, apparently. Nobody can joke on here w/o the approval of certain unofficial leaders. Geez.

RyansMommy, At lEaSt I dOn'T tYpE LiKe tHiS. And good for you for your perfect table manners. Go stick your pinky out elsewhere, or accept that I tried to make light of a "sticky" situation. As I said before, accidents happen.

Emjay, how materialistic can you get? You also must never hold your kid, as much as you bump and then she passes out from screaming in her jumperoo. You may be more witty than I, but I have more of a "real" life, and frankly, I couldn't care less what you think about me, or anybody else on the internet for that matter. I tried to befriend you a while ago and you outed me, so that's enough of a hint for me. FTR, that is NOT why I'm arguing with you. You can add whomever you want to your BGP shiit and it won't phase me one bit.  I can walk away from offensive posts anytime I want. Actually, being denied access to the large undies cult gives me more time with my kid. So, thank you Emjay. I also have more time to put off the chores I don't do.

And thank you, Aktemple, at least I know I'm "normal." DD's not "super-fussy," but she certainly has her moments. 

• imageLordValuemart:
    Oh FFS, I come here to see how my 3-6 ladies are doing and find THIS? If any one of you can say that you have never had to eat a meal one handed while holding your kid just so you can actually eat you're either a dirty rotten liar or I need to trade you babies.

But her keyboard costs 100.00! ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

image Josephine is 4.
  • imagelanie30:

imageLordValuemart:
    Oh FFS, I come here to see how my 3-6 ladies are doing and find THIS? If any one of you can say that you have never had to eat a meal one handed while holding your kid just so you can actually eat you're either a dirty rotten liar or I need to trade you babies.

My laptop cost $625 but it's not gonna do me a hell of a lot of good if I die of starvation.

• imageLordValuemart:

Seriously.  Dumbest.flaming.ever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • This is clearly worth calling a social worker. ABUSE!

Weird. It's food. I guarantee, my kid has covered me in worse. If I drop syrup on him, it's more than fair.

• imageLoriFalce:

This is clearly worth calling a social worker. ABUSE!

Weird. It's food. I guarantee, my kid has covered me in worse. If I drop syrup on him, it's more than fair.

Totally. 

Also if this is what 3-6 is starting to be like I can see why I keep seeing some 3-6 people all up in 6-9's collective vagina. 

• imageLordValuemart:
    imagelanie30:

imageLordValuemart:

My laptop cost $625 but it's not gonna do me a hell of a lot of good if I die of starvation.

Lol
  • imageLordValuemart:
    imageLoriFalce:

This is clearly worth calling a social worker. ABUSE!

Totally. 

Also if this is what 3-6 is starting to be like I can see why I keep seeing some 3-6 people all up in 6-9's collective vagina. 

I was so anxious to get here because 0-3 was so boring. I actually "transitioned" over a couple of weeks early. That was a wonderful idea... 

• Psssht. I dropped a choc chip on LO. It melted so I licked her. Oh well! If that's my worst mommy moment I'm doing a- ok!
  • imageIncogNeato:
    Psssht. I dropped a choc chip on LO. It melted so I licked her. Oh well! If that's my worst mommy moment I'm doing a- ok!

Lol @ licking melting chocolate off a baby.

• imageLordValuemart:

imageIncogNeato:
    Psssht. I dropped a choc chip on LO. It melted so I licked her. Oh well! If that's my worst mommy moment I'm doing a- ok!

Haha! I've done that too! From my fiber one bars. Those things melt everywhere. I've also gotten spaghetti sauce on her from slurping noodles w/her in my lap, among other things. Every time I eat she wants to be in my lap. Not the bumbo, not the bouncy or swing close to the table. In my lap. I just recently put her highchair together, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she'll let me eat w/o having to clean us both up. I just thought the syrup thing was funny. Apparently not to some perfect parents around here. 

Edited for incompleteness. 

• imagehurricanepayne89:
    imageLordValuemart:

imageIncogNeato:

Haha! I've done that too! From my fiber one bars. Those things melt everywhere. I've also gotten spaghetti sauce on her from slurping noodles w/her in my lap. Every time I eat she wants to be in my lap. Not the bumbo, not the bouncy or swing close to the table. In my lap. I just recently put her highchair together, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she'll let me eat w/o having to clean us both up. 

The high chair is the only reason I don't have to hold him while I eat hardly ever anymore. I used to plop him in there with some toys before he started solids. Now I plop him in there with some steamed broccoli or puffs or lil crunchies or something.

• imageLordValuemart:
    imagehurricanepayne89:
    imageLordValuemart:

imageIncogNeato:

Haha! I've done that too! From my fiber one bars. Those things melt everywhere. I've also gotten spaghetti sauce on her from slurping noodles w/her in my lap. Every time I eat she wants to be in my lap. Not the bumbo, not the bouncy or swing close to the table. In my lap. I just recently put her highchair together, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she'll let me eat w/o having to clean us both up. 

The high chair is the only reason I don't have to hold him while I eat hardly ever anymore. I used to plop him in there with some toys before he started solids. Now I plop him in there with some steamed broccoli or puffs or lil crunchies or something.

Her extreme interest in my food and the table, combined with her teething, drool, hand chewing, etc, are why her pedi and I agreed to try a few solids sparingly. Heaven forbid I mention it on here, that I feed solids to my 3 month old! I just put her in her highchair for the first time about 30 min ago, and she loved it, so I whipped out a tiny bit of pureed pears, which she also loved! Her reflex to push food out is nearly gone as well. She swallows about 90% of every bite. I'm hoping this is all good. No more baby-in-lap-fork-cutting-when-really-I-need-a-knife dinners. Smile I love holding her, but I also love eating hot meals, with both hands. I'm a fatty and a food addict. I never planned to start her on solids this early... I always envisioned waiting until the 4-6 month time frame. Oh well. It seems good so far 

• I spilled chocolate milk on my kid yesterday. just sayin.'

But for whatt it's worth (which is probably not much), Hurricane, it sounds like you have a GIGANTIC chip on your shoulder.

I thought your original post was amusing, but then you had to go and lose your shiit because you got a few responses that dinged your delicate little feelings. Toughen up, cupcake.

And for what it's worth? My life is AWWWEEESSOOMMMEEE. I might even go as far as to call it the epitome of epitome ::snort::

WTF does that mean, anyway?

• imageMegs12411:

I spilled chocolate milk on my kid yesterday. just sayin.'

But for whatt it's worth (which is probably not much), Hurricane, it sounds like you have a GIGANTIC chip on your shoulder.

I thought your original post was amusing, but then you had to go and lose your shiit because you got a few responses that dinged your delicate little feelings. Toughen up, cupcake.

And for what it's worth? My life is AWWWEEESSOOMMMEEE. I might even go as far as to call it the epitome of epitome ::snort::

I'm still wondering why there were even people so up in arms about her accidentally getting syrup on her kid in the first place. It seems that trolls nowadays are getting ballsier and avoiding the AE approach.

• imageLordValuemart:
    imageMegs12411:

I'm still wondering why there were even people so up in arms about her accidentally getting syrup on her kid in the first place. It seems that trolls nowadays are getting ballsier and avoiding the AE approach.

Meh...who knows. I think we all have different benchmarks for acceptable/non acceptable shiz.

That being said, I lick food off of Claire on a daily basis. Neat eater,I am not!

I think if OP had just laughed it off instead of getting all ad hominem attack/"you don't know my lyfe! I feel sorry for your husbands/kids/chinchillas!!!" she'd have a lot more street cred.

But seriously, y'all...I eat with Claire on my lap all the time. It's no big deal and I doubt she's going to end up working a street corner in Frederick of Hollywood's finest cheetah print because of my shiity parenting.

And OP? I still think your reaction was WAAAY over the top and ridicuous.

• imageMegs12411:
    imageLordValuemart:
    imageMegs12411:

Meh...who knows. I think we all have different benchmarks for acceptable/non acceptable shiz.

That being said, I lick food off of Claire on a daily basis. Neat eater,I am not!

I think if OP had just laughed it off instead of getting all ad hominem attack/"you don't know my lyfe! I feel sorry for your husbands/kids/chinchillas!!!" she'd have a lot more street cred.

But seriously, y'all...I eat with Claire on my lap all the time. It's no big deal and I doubt she's going to end up working a street corner in Frederick of Hollywood's finest cheetah print because of my shiity parenting.

And OP? I still think your reaction was WAAAY over the top and ridicuous.

I would say that all parts probably should take a chill pill or 3, but then I might get "attacked"  for condoning pill popping. Sleep Seriously, what is with all the BS dramz shiit going on lately? First the identity theft on 9-12, then half of 6-9 GBCB's, and now 3-6 seems to be getting extra twatwaffular. Is this just some weird trickle down effect? Because if so I think I need to take a bumpcation until a sense of normalcy is restored.

• I'm not really sure why time was spent to put up this original post to start with...having said all that though it is tough to eat and hold a baby at the same time and not spill something. There must must be a lot of perfect eaters out there that were quick to flame.
  • I do admit that my reaction was over the top. I was frustrated because it seems to me like there is only a small group of a few certain people who can basically say anything they want and not get flamed. I suck at sarcasm and have a shiitty sense of humor. I tried to make a sticky situation a little humorous, because, honestly, I found it slightly amusing when I turned her around to find syrup dripping down her temple. The look on her face was priceless, mainly because she had no idea it was there in the first place. I think I will also take a bumpcation, at least to lurk, because lately anything I post gets flamed in one way or another. But I will apologize for my rude BGP shout-out, and I also think I'm not the ONLY one who overreacted here. I think I'll spend a few days growing up, and only return when I have an actual sense of humor and at least a Bachelor's in sarcasm. Oh, and a bigger bottle of syrup.
  • LordV, you may just be my new bump crush. Looking forward to moving to 6-9. I think. What's gbcb?

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• imageAggieBeth06:
    LordV, you may just be my new bump crush. Looking forward to moving to 6-9. I thunk. What's gbcb?

"Good Bye Cruel Bump" 

Seriously... this is one of the lamest flamings I've ever seen.  

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • imageAggieBeth06:
    LordV, you may just be my new bump crush. Looking forward to moving to 6-9. I think. What's gbcb?

Aw shucks Embarrassed I seem to be getting that a lot lately, but before we take this to the next level I have to inform you *whispers* I'm a younger woman.

• imageIncogNeato:

LOL. That's an awesome visual.

I'm pretty sure I've dropped sauce or something on DS at one time or another. He used to only nap in my arms so I had to eat at some point. I was probably Bumpin' at the same time, too.

Now he just gets his own food up his nose and in his hair and eyebrows. 

• SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I'm eating over my kid's right AS WE SPEAK.  

And my keyboard cost $150.00 in US dollars.  

• imagehurricanepayne89:

imageAggieBeth06:
    Ack! Dramaz.

Facepalm.

RyansMommy, At lEaSt I dOn'T tYpE LiKe tHiS. And good for you for your perfect table manners. Go stick your pinky out elsewhere, or accept that I tried to make light of a "sticky" situation. As I said before, accidents happen.

That's all you have? That was weaksauce. LOL! I am highly amused because I said those things in jest after your major freak out. If you go back and read, my first response to your post was sarcasm, as most of my posts are. You then got all butt hurt and I thought it was funny. Why in the world do you care so much what some people on the interwebz think about you anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"