Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Gender of your Lost One - Question

After my two-week follow-up post a 13 week D&E I am still waiting for the pathology results to come in.  Initially Doc said they could take about 3 weeks to be ready but then yesterday he said it might be two more weeks until we get the results back.  We are waiting to find out if our LO had any chromosomal abnormalities but also waiting to find out the gender.  We want to name our baby.  I've also been waiting to find out the gender so I can make a pregnancy/memory scrapbook of my bump photos, journal logs, and u/s photos during my pregnancy.  My question is, for those of you who had pathology done after D&C/D&E how long did it take for you to get test results back and were they able to tell you the gender of your baby?

? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gender of your Lost One - Question

• It took 2 weeks and 4 days to get the results back. We found out our baby had Turners Syndrome, so that means the baby was a girl. I had a feeling it was, too. :-)
  • I am so sorry for you loss. 

I had a d & c last Tuesday so I don't have the results back yet, but I was told that it will take 6 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. Our pathology report came back in two weeks and we are still waiting for our chromosomes and genetics results. They take about six weeks and those are the ones that will give you the gender of your baby.
  • It took right at 2 weeks for us to get our results back. We learned we had a baby girl and there were no chromosomal abnormalities, so basically we just don't know what happened.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"